Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balamba P
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Balamba PYour feedback matters!
I have a friend aged 23 and she have not got periods since 3 years and one of the doctor said that she has got a very less chance of getting pregnant. There is some problem with her uterus! just being a concerned friend, I want to seek any advice you might give.
I am 17 years old. I started with my periods at the age of 12. Since then there has been very little growth in bust area. I am barely an A cup. Whereas other girls of my age are fully developed. Why is my growth so slow? Will the growth rate increase by any chance?
I and my girlfriend had slept together few days back. We both are virgin and we did not had any bleeding or any muscular tear or any pain, as one feels while having sex for the first time. We used condom and it did not got inside properly as we were trying for the first time. Her due date was 27 last month but she has not yet got her periods. Can you help me if this happens normally or there can be any other reason behind this?
My wife missed het period for last 14 days we thought she is pregnant but when we test result was negative. How its happened? Is she pregnant or not how wr find out please help .is it any serious problem her age is 26 and wait is 62.
Mujhe phle 27 June ko periods aaye. Fir July 1st ko aaye or sirf 3 din km km chle. Fir September ki nhi aaye 21 sep. Maine pregnancy test kia toh positive tha. Ap bta skte hi pregnancy kitne din ki hai?
Sir after doing sex my wife vagina getting pain and burning suggest me sir what to sir and my skin also shred and pain sir.
Hi doctor I took 6 months treatment of siphene 50 mg tablets course then 3 months without medicines that time I will be get pregnant means it is too long already 18 months over please tell me My egg not growing so she told. I don't have periods problem it is regular now.
She has a severe pain in both sides of her breasts. Often it occurs. And it lasts for about 10 to 15 days.please advice
My daughter is 13 year old in 2015 she started their periods first three month she have normal periods after that she stop their periods I start their ayurvedic treatment but still she don't start their periods she diagnose pcocd in overy what time she take to normalize their periods.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.