Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BalajiYour feedback matters!
Since last 1 month I have facing the problem of headache and feel depressed he is an engineering student help him?
I am 20 years old girl. 2 years ago I have a fuller chubby cheeks and my face looks good. But from last 2 years I am suffering from constipation and indigestion. And now I have dull complexion and my face gives a shrunken appearance. I am very concern about it. I have consulted doctor itself they suggested me to drink juice n fruits. But I do not feel any change in me. What should I do for getting again the fuller face.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am suffering from headache for last 2 weeks. It is regular pain. Starts in early morning and in the late evening. Can you suggest me some precautions or suggestions please.
Sir I am 29 years old boy. My penis size is small. I want to increase the size. This is very big problem with me, please tell me this treatment. What should I do to increase this? Help me plz.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a kind of hormonal disorder in which a woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
High levels of male hormones produce symptoms like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all. In simple words, women with PCOD or PCOS don’t release a mature egg from their ovaries every month resulting in infertility. PCOD affects one in 10 women worldwide.
Women suffering from PCOD suffer from symptoms like heavy vaginal bleeding. This is because, as they don’t ovulate and produce the hormone Progesterone like normal women do and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
The other common symptoms of PCOS are:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings and depression
There is a propensity for developing diabetes as well in PCOS affected, as a number of women with PCOD are resistant to the action of the hormone insulin used for sugar metabolism. This means that it takes larger than normal amounts of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Though fairly common, PCOD has no surefire cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Ayurveda can help alleviate PCOD symptoms in a big way.
PCOD - How Ayurveda Can Help?
- In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused due to an imbalance of any of the two doshas - Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes contamination of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins or ama in the body.
- In PCOS patients, these toxins get accumulated in the channels of the mind, leading to an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the formation of ovarian cysts which is nothing but a collection of fluids within the ovary, anovulatory periods or periods with no ovulation etc.
Ayurvedic herbal remedies for PCOD
Ayurveda works on these problems:
-Correcting hormonal imbalance
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
-Treatment for insulin resistance
Herbs like Ashoka (saraca asoca), Dashamoola are amongst a group of herbs which are used to prepare Sukumara Kashaya like Ashwagandha, Eranda, Shatavari etc for correcting hormonal imbalance.
Other drugs for curing PCOS are-
1. Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus
This helps mainly in promoting normal development of ovarian follicles. It also regulates periods and aids in revitalizing the female reproductive system. Shatavari also helps in controlling high levels of insulin due to PCOS, due to its phytoestrogen or natural plant based estrogen levels.
Guduchi is a powerful anti- inflammatory herb. We know that chronic inflammation in body tissues is the root cause for insulin imbalance and ovarian cysts in women. This herb helps in revitalizing body tissues and lowering insulin resistance.
3. Shatapushpa or fennel
Fennel seeds are used as a supplement as the phytoestrogens in them bring down inflammation and control insulin resistance.
Triphala is rich in vitamin C- a powerful natural antioxidant that helps in reducing inflammation by reducing free radicals. Hence this remedy is excellent for cleansing and detoxifying systems and is therefore best taken prior to taking any other Ayurvedic medicines to improve outcome.
5. Aloe Vera- Kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe Vera is yet another Ayurvedic herb that is extremely beneficial in treating PCOS as it helps in regularizing menstrual cycles and promote normal menstruation. It also normalizes hormonal imbalance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have a very very big pain in my heart doctor please help me to overcome from thid's pain please help me.
I am 22 year old girl. And I am suffering from menstrual problem. I do not get my periods every month der is a skip in period for months. Rarely its regular. There is a gradual gap of 60days most often and sometimes greater than that. What should I do and I get frequent headache also.
My wife age is 45 years old suffering from head ache, migraine pain, and back pain also please suggest me what can i do?
If I had sex without precaution just before my partner's period date. What are the chances of her to get pregnant? And I didn't eject inside. Is it safe?
I have been married for last 4 years .we could not plan a baby as we were busy with our carriers .since my wife is 2 years older than me . We thought we should plan a baby now Issue is .i masturbate a lot 3 times a day which concerns me what could be the effect of it and how can it be resolved Although I am equally inclined towards physical relations and there has not been cnay change in my routine.
I am 43 years old housewife I am suffering frm cold when weather changes fr last 30 years what should I do? please guide me.
Meri age 24 hai. Actually sir problem yeh hai ki mere penis ka size around 3.5 inch h. Jo ki average ke according bhi bhot kam hai. So sir please suggest me how to increase size of pennis with positive results. And Is ayurvedic medicine or pills are really helpful in increasing size of pennis with positive result? Please clarify the medicine name sir.
Sir, my head is itching a lot and there is dandruff on my head also. I apply oil overnight, I use different shampoos, but still my scalp is itching. Help.
Every day when I wake up .I'm having cold and cough .I don't know what it is. It started from my childhood itself .I have seen many doctors. But they were not able to cure me . Please help me.
I am 17 years old man. Since last four days I'm feeling weak and I'm also suffering from mild headache.
I am suffering from headache from last months regularly could you please let me the reason. Thanks in advance.
I have smegma under the foreskin of penis. It is itching badly and spots like pimples are developed on head of the penis. Sometimes it gets swollen. How to get rid of it?
Is premature ejaculation is treatable or not? I read many articles according to us, uk doctors it can't be cured only we can learn technique to cure this .is it true? Bt contradictory ayurveda claims that we can cure it from the medicine .plz explain .does anyone can cure pe or will live this problem?
Physical activity in older adults can benefit from participation in regular physical activity. The potential effects of exercise on the health of older adults include:
1. Reduced risk of developing coronary heart disease, stroke, certain types of cancers and diabetes, these problems come under non communicable disease (NCDs),
2. Prevention of post-menopausal osteoporosis and protection against osteoporotic fractures by reducing the risk of falls,
3. A reduction in accidental falls,
4. A reduction in loneliness and isolation, along with a reduction in depression, which may be as effective as antidepressants,
5. A reduction in the complications of immobility, such as deep vein thrombosis and pressure sores.
Being active from an early age can help prevent many diseases just as regular movement and activity can help relieve the disability and pain associated with these conditions. Importantly, the benefits of physical activity can be enjoyed even if regular practice starts late in life. It has been suggested that older adults engaged in regular physical activity demonstrate improved:
3. Coordination and motor control (better control over daily activities)
5. Endurance (carry out activities for longer duration without much fatigue)
Consequently, physical activity can reduce falls risk, a major older age cause of disability.