Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bala Kumari
Submit a review for Dr. Bala KumariYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I want to ask about my problem I had been paining my breast for long time so suddenly I got my breast chequp so my report is not good I have a fibroadenoma problem so please tell me sir how can solve my problem because I don't want to operate.
How to diagnosis smegma cancer. Symptoms for the smegma cancer. What is the solution. How to prevent it.
I find lump in breast. Is it cancer and other symptoms are like lack of memory. Sweating palms. radish palms. Please tel me something whats going on. I'm tensed. Am I suffering from cancers.
Dear Doctor, My uncle (85 Yrs) badly suffering from posted Gland (enlarged) problem causing urine came out unconsciously. Recently he was admitted in hospital. After completion of all check up doctor advised for operation. But we are not ready for operation due to his age factor. Pl. Let me know whether it can be cured by Ayurveda, If yes then cost of the same.
My father is about 55 year old. He is suffering from prostatic enlargement according to ultrasound. Please tell me a doctor from govt hospital because I belong to poor family and can not afford more money please I request you.
I have got a lump in my breast should I remove it or will it gradually go. I is been there for three years?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.