Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalaYour feedback matters!
I am really very depressed about this pcod, this facial excess hair and over weight, know about I am going to face problem in conceiving is making me so scared about my feature, please help me out.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Sir I have one bf. My bf too much try to do sex with me but I am not able because no felling came in me me and my bf see too many blue move but no felling came me. Please suggest me.
When my wife is on period how can I sex with her and what type of precautions I can use. I am 25 years old and my wife is 23 can you suggest me how can I sex with her in time of period.
Hello doctor, my wife's problem, dryness in vaginal, during sex within 15 minutes vagina become dryness. please give me solutions, and how to increase sex stamina/time in women.
We all know that our intimacy plays an essential role in how we feel about ourselves and how others perceive us. But what happens when one is stuck with paralysis, what’s the effect of this event on our sexual image and performance?
- Paralysis impacts a woman’s sexuality because it changes the physical functioning, sensation and response.
- Apart from all the life changing things that happen post-paralysis, women are also left with a great emotional and sometimes, a physiological burden. They wonder if they can have sex again, and whether it’s possible to get pregnant and have babies.
- Paralysis doesn’t affect physical attraction and the desire for sex. In fact, in many cases, though not all, sexual pleasure is also possible as sexuality in women living with paralysis is less affected than in men.
- Most women with paralysis have no physiological changes that prevent them from having sex.
- But some women who are paralysed from the waist down or neck down may suffer from paralysis of the vagina.
- In this condition, the nerves that feed the vagina become completely dead, leaving a woman with no sensation in her genitals.
- These women are unable to experience the feeling of having penetrative sex or oral or manual stimulation of the genitals or very little.
- Sexual touch and pleasure can sometimes be experienced by women due to the vagus nerve which bypasses the spine.
- The woman thus, has to re-learn other ways of enjoying physical closeness with her partner. It is also often seen that loss of sensation in the genitals is offset by an abundance of sensation in other parts of the body like the neck or just above the point of paralysis.
- Women also have to be trained differently to enjoy penetrative sex by say inserting a finger into their vaginas during penetration as otherwise, they are unable to experience the feelings during penetration due to a paralysed vagina.
Other problems usually found in women with paralysis are
- Autonomic dysreflexia or sudden high blood pressure due to spinal cord paralysis at the time of sexual activity.
- Many women also experience a loss of vaginal muscle control and most are unable to produce enough vaginal lubrication during sex due to the interruption in normal nerve signals from the brain to the genital area.
- Muscle loss can’t be corrected but lubrication can be taken care of by using water-based lubricants like K-Y jelly.
- Also, low sex drive is common among women with paralysis.
- Viagra has been clinically tested on women with spinal cord injuries and it’s been reported to be effective in promoting sexual arousal and sensation during intercourse.
- A woman with paralysis can experience normal orgasm during sex if there is some pelvic denervation, but in women, with paralysed vaginas, a normal orgasm doesn’t seem very likely though researchers are trying to explore more.
- Some researchers think that paralysed women retain an ability to orgasm due to a ‘reflex’ that requires no brain input. Research also indicates that ability to achieve orgasms is independent of neurological impairment.
- What happens more often is that paralysed women quit trying to have an orgasm because they lack or have limited sensation in the genital area.
- Research also suggests that these women can achieve orgasm using an FDA approved clitoral vacuum suction device to treat female orgasmic dysfunction. The device works by increasing blood flow, and improves engorgement of the clitoris and vaginal lubrication and thus enhances orgasm response. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My girlfriend missed her periods for 10 days and we used withdrawal method and i'm sure that I didn't ejaculate inside her I don't know what to do now and we are not in a position to have a baby and we can't even let our parents know, help!
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after her 10th day from her date. I didn't released my sperm inside and I didn't inserted my penis deep on her. Does she get pregnancy? If "yes" what precautions should I take to break.
Are you at high risk of developing a fracture in your spine or hip? read on to know more about osteoporosis.
There is another silently progressing, common disease other than diabetes and hypertension that can cause potentially serious risk to your health in old age. Osteoporosis meaning “porous bones” indicates a condition where your bones become more porous, thinner and weaker due to accelerated loss of bone or reduced bone formation or both. It is most evident in the vertebrae of spine, hip bones and in the wrists.
Thin and porous vertebrae fracture easily. They crumble on their own or due to minor stresses during daily activities like coughing, sneezing, bending forwards. These fractures can be painless and go unnoticed in multiple levels till the spine develops a forward bend and a noticeable loss of height. Or it can cause significant pain and disability, limitation in daily activities and increased dependence on others. A simple slip and fall at home can cause a fracture in the hip bones that can make the patient completely bed ridden. These situations commonly cause depression and general deterioration of health and leads to other risky complications in old age.
Though it is most common women after menopause, it also happens in men above age of 65 years and in those with certain risk factors like liver or kidney disease, thyroid or parathyroid disorders, and certain tumours. Smoking has been proven to cause osteoporosis. Long term steroid intake given for various conditions and medications given for seizure disorders also can cause osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis can be detected easily by a screening test called the dexa scan. Any one above the age of 50 years should consult an orthopaedic surgeon to know if they are at risk of osteoporosis and whether he/she needs a dexa scan. If the dexa scan reveals that you have osteoporosis, you must be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon and an endocrinologist to look for other treatable conditions that can cause osteoporosis. There are medications that are prescribed to strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of fractures in future. Diet rich in calcium and vitamin d and supplementary calcium and vitamin d medications are also an essential part of treatment.
Although the vertebral osteoporotic fractures commonly heal in a few weeks with bed rest and medications, some of them may not heal in time or cause severe pain and disability. These patients might need surgical intervention. Vertebroplasty is a procedure that involves injection of bone cement into the broken vertebra and can give immediate pain relief. Kyphoplasty is a similar procedure that can restore the height of the fractured vertebral body and reduce the forward stoop in the spine. Open surgery might be required sometimes if the collapsed vertebra causes a compression of the spinal cord or nerves in the spine. Osteoporotic hip fractures and wrist fractures often need surgical treatment for fixation.
Prevention of osteoporosis should begin in childhood. Growing bones accumulate calcium and the calcium in bones reaches a peak at around age of 26 to 30 years. After that age, there is a slow decline in the bone calcium, which accelerates in old age especially in women after menopause. So those who reach a lower peak of calcium in bones by the age of 30 are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis in old age. This means that adequate intake of dietary calcium, vitamin d and adequate exercise from young age is very important to prevent osteoporosis.
Prevention of falls and resultant fractures in those who are osteoporotic is an important aspect of treatment. This needs modification of their living spaces to remove the risks of a slip and fall. Routine exercises and an active lifestyle load the bones and make them stronger and it is a must for all those with osteoporosis and those at risk of developing osteoporosis.