Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Babita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BabitaYour feedback matters!
Sesame seeds are considered as the oldest oilseed crops in the world. They are derived from the plant of Sesamum genus. Though minuscule in comparison to other seeds, they are extremely beneficial for your health. They are very useful in the prevention of diabetes, lower blood pressure, and are also known to prevent a wide variety of cancers. In addition, sesame seeds are extremely useful for boosting the respiratory health, building strong bones, improving blood circulation, cleansing the body and in the elimination of depression and chronic stress.
They can be added as a natural ingredient in our day to day cooking and can be used in a wide variety of applications. Sesame seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural oils. They are also loaded with natural organic compounds such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, protein, and tryptophan. Let us have a look at some of the health benefits of the sesame seeds.
- Blood pressure: One of the primary uses of adding sesame seeds to our diet is their ability to control blood pressure. They are loaded with magnesium that aids in the prevention of hypertension, and thus can be very beneficial in keeping the blood pressure conditions under check.
- Cancer prevention: Sesame seeds are also enriched with natural antioxidants that help in cleansing the body. This criterion benefits us in the fight against cancer. Sesame seeds also do have essential vitamins and minerals that reduce the risk of cancer drastically. They also restrict the circulation of free radicals. Some of the leukemia types that can be prevented when using sesame seeds include breast, lung, pancreatic, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Bone health: Sesame seeds are loaded with impressive levels of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and phosphorous. These are essential in strengthening and repairing the bones.
- Digestion: Sesame seeds contain natural fiber and hence form a strong element in metabolism. They are also very beneficial for removing the symptoms of constipation and keeps the condition of diarrhea in check. Fiber scraps out the harmful cholesterol from our body. Indirectly, they are beneficial to your heart and prevents heart ailment such as strokes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Oral health: Sesame seeds have a strong presence of antibacterial properties within them. Due to this reason, they are best used in the treatment of mouth ulcers and gum problems. Adding sesame seeds to warm water and squishing inside the mouth can act as a natural mouth cleanser.
- Skin and hair health: Sesame seeds have rich sources of zinc, a vital component that helps in the formation of collagen, an ingredient used to strengthen the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. They are also known to be part of many face packs and have anti-aging properties. They aid in the skin tightening process and act against the wrinkles.
As a part of culinary proceedings, sesame seeds can be had in a variety of ways. They can either be dry roasted and sprinkled as a topping, or they can be added with spices and mixed into the gravy. They also can be mixed as a part of fruit and vegetable juices. Though the seeds are tiny in nature, their beneficial properties are more potent than any other food items known to man.
Hi doctor. Hi had an intercourse on 27 of dec and that was 7th day of my period for safer side I took unwanted 72 within 2 hours. And a few days later I spotted sum bleeding for which I heard its jus a side effect. I had a pregnancy test too 2 days before n its negative. Its 29 today I hav still not got my periods. How long can I expect my periods this month. I am worried:(
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.