Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.Vijya Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.Vijya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My husband want to do oral sex and anal also. But I am not getting comfortable. What should I do? Please suggest.
Always make use of the cold therapy within the first 24-48 hours of the acute stage of an injury, to prevent tissue damage, or after the first 48 hours if inflammation persists.
This question is for my friend. She had sex with her boy friend 16 days back and she took a some contraceptive pill after 48 hrs. And day before 2 days she had sex and next day she started her periods so she wanted to know ke wo kahi suni thi ke pregnancy me bhi kabhi periods aate hai kabhi pata nahi chalta hai kuch months tak pregnant hai ya nahi har month periods bhi aate hai to aise me kya karna chahiye kaise pata chalega ke pregnant hai ya ni. Please answer my question doctors.
I had sex with my bf Next hour I took n Ipill n very next day I started bleeding n pain in lower abdomen the bleeding was low pat last three days bleeding is much more just like periods but it isn't periods What m I suppose to do m I pregnant I suffer frm pain Suggest me something.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.
Last week me and my girl frnd tried for having sex. But I can not able to insert. Our age is 20. Both are virgin. Her holes r small due to that, I can not able to insert. Whether its vaginismus or something else.
Hello sir. I am on my periods. First day bleeding only 2-3 drop next day in morning to evening bleeding is not so much but ok. But in night no bleeding. I have sex before 12 days with my husband. Take a unwanted72 pill after 48 hours. Is that any side effect of this pill. Or any chance of pregnancy?
Fertility experts have made remarkable progress in infertility procedures such as In Vitro Fertilization. And, every year, a substantial number of women undergo various types of fertility procedures of which IVF is one of the most popular with a success rate of 40%. However, the procedure like any other medical procedure carries a set of associated risks leading to health complications.
Here are some of the risks and complications involved in the in-vitro fertilization process that you must know about if you are considering it.
- Side effects of medications: The drugs administered for stimulating the ovary may result in minor side effects such as soreness and mild bruising at the site of the injection in some women. Another side effect is ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, which happens when the ovaries have generated numerous follicles and fluid may start leaking from the blood vessels into the lungs and the abdominal cavity. In most cases, these complications are mild and can be resolved easily. But sometimes, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome may result in extreme enlargement of the ovaries, dehydration, and infusion of fluids in the lungs and the abdomen which would need considerable medical attention.
- Complications during retrieval of eggs: As the eggs start to mature, the willing-to-be mother has to come to the fertility center for retrieval of the eggs. The woman may have to undergo mild sedation so that she can feel no pain while remaining conscious or she may be completely unconscious. At times, there may be excessive bleeding from the ovaries along with injuries to the organs in close vicinity. If the injury is too severe, surgery or blood infusions may also be required to repair the damage. It may also involve pelvic infection, and the women who have had a prior history of pelvic infection are more likely to suffer from this kind of complication.
- Damage during transfer of embryo: When the embryos are needed to be replaced, the gynecologist may place a speculum in the vagina while the embryos are placed into the uterus with the catheter. Some women report that it causes cramping while the catheter is inserted through the cervix.
- Multiple births: IVF surges the risk of multiple births when more than one embryo is implanted in the uterus. A pregnancy with many fetuses invariably brings along risks of early labor as well as low birth weight compared to pregnancy with a single fetus does. Also, research suggests that IVF slightly surges that the newborn will be of low birth weight, which is yet another risk of the IVF process.
It is important to understand that the complications and risks of IVF are very rare, and an expert health care provider will be able to monitor you closely to fend off all kinds of unwanted consequences.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!