Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.Vijya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to go to Gym after 46? Can I use weights ?i am 46 years old male, my weight is 93 kg, sugar patient, taking tablets for sleeping from a psychiatrist for the past 6 years, pressure level is normal. Hoping to have a linen reply. Thanks.
Hello doctor, after how many month of pregnancy a woman should start to eat almond, walnut, dates? also, how much quantity of these dry food should be taken.
In vitro Fertilization or IVF is the procedure of fertilization by physically joining an egg and sperm in a dish, followed by insertion of the embryo into the uterus. However, some other, less notable techniques may offer better benefits, practical usage and serve as alternative options to IVF. These are as follows:
- GIFT - Gamete intrafallopiantransfer:
- Gamete intrafallopiantransfer (GIFT) is analogous to IVF, from numerous aspects. However, there is one extremely remarkable distinction.
- Unlike IVF, a woman undertaking GIFT takes fertility medications to stimulate egg generation in her ovaries. The eggs are then expelled from her body.
- Male sperm is gathered and washed to isolate the regenerative cells from other original liquids.
- The consolidated material is set in a catheter and afterward, by means of laparoscopy, infused into the woman’s fallopian tubes.
- There, ideally, preparation will happen.
- A few couples lean toward this technique for individual or religious reasons, as it permits birth to happen in its regular habitat, instead of a lab.
- ZIFT and TET:
- These abbreviations stand for Zygote intrafallopiantransfer and tubal developing life transfer.
- In ZIFT and TET, the starting stages are like GIFT: a woman experiences controlled ovarian hyper stimulation with the guide of effective medications so as to deliver different eggs. These are then expelled from her body, male sperm is gathered, washed, and treated for ideal fusion.
- In any case, in ZIFT and TET, the laparoscopic move into the fallopian tubes happens only after treatment has occurred in the research center.
- In ZIFT, eggs are recovered and prepared on one day, and the next day the embryo is exchanged. TET gives the fetus a couple of more formative days before it is moved to the fallopian tubes.
- IUI - Intrauterine insemination
- In intrauterine insemination (IUI), a type of manual sperm injection, comprising washed sperm, is infused straight into a woman’s uterus (when she is expected to ovulate) by means of a catheter that is embedded completely through the cervix.
- By setting the sperm inside the uterus (instead of the sperm making its way up the vaginal channel and through the cervix into the uterus), it is trusted that it will be simpler for the sperm to reach and infuse a discharged egg.
- Additionally, if the woman is delivering cervical mucous that is synthetically not suitable for her partner’s sperm, this potential issue can be avoided, since IUI sidesteps the cervix.
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- This procedure includes "washing" sperm and infusing the uniquely arranged sperm into the egg.
- The procedure requires a unique magnifying instrument and glass needles for the infusion of one sperm, specifically under the defensive external layer and into the focal point of the egg itself, before being set inside the woman’s body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hypertension or high blood pressure in itself is a problem where the patient may have the risk of getting a stroke or heart attack! When it combines with pregnancy, the situation may worsen. However, it is not always that hypertension during pregnancy is dangerous, but if care is not taken it may be fatal.
Is hypertension during pregnancy really dangerous?
When a woman has hypertension, either before conception or after it, she has risks of certain complications that may occur during pregnancy.
With high blood pressure, the blood flow to the fetus is not normal; it decreases. Thus, the fetus does not get enough nutrients that it must get.
Getting fewer nutrients may result in low birth weight as the baby will not receive enough nutrients.
When the baby is not getting enough oxygen and nutrients through the body, your doctor may suggest getting pre-term delivery.
Another emergency may occur if the placenta detaches itself from the uterus before maturing. Placental abruption sometimes can be very dangerous.
For delivery of a pregnant woman with hypertension, doctors generally prefer a Cesarean delivery.
Another tough situation is preeclampsia that can be life threatening for both baby and mother. It may lead to cardio vascular problem for the lady in the future life.
There are different types of issues that occur due to high blood pressure that occurs either before pregnancy or during pregnancy.
Types of High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy.
Chronic Hypertension: This type of hypertension occurs in a woman before she conceives. It may also develop during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Gestational Hypertension: If the high blood pressure develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy, it is gestational hypertension and after birth, this problem goes away.
Preeclampsia: Both chronic and gestational hypertension may lead to preeclampsia. This is much serious than other situations and the level of protein in urine increases. It is required to take quick action for this type of problem.
Taking medication for hypertension during pregnancy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a check on every medication that the mother takes because each and everything affects the baby. However, it is necessary to treat high blood pressure and keep it under control. There are certain medicines that are not dangerous during pregnancy, but certain medicines like angiotensin receptor blockers and others may be dangerous.
Thus, it is better to take advice from a Doctor before the mother takes any medication.
Finally, a pregnant woman should always consult her physician if she has chances of getting high blood pressure.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!