Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.Vijya Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.Vijya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I heard when ovulation happen the cervical mucus will be lk raw egg white. I do not have this type of mucus. But I have my period. Can I be pregnant without it?
I was bleeding through urine my urine was red one whole day next day a little red amount of blood is visible today is 3 day its showing few drops of blood? I am worried is something serious.
Is there Any possibility to get pregnant if your partner ejaculated inside you and at the same time I took contraceptive pills as well?
Dr, Please tell me, There is no Progesterone hormone is Produced during Follicular phase of Menstrual Cycle in Womens?
I'm a 16 year old boy and I've noticed that my right breast has enlarged and when I press it some colorless sticky liquid is released. Should I be worried and consult doctor. P. S. It pains when I press it but not usually.
Sir, I have been married for the past two years and still no child. Please tell me the best time or period after menstruation to conceive.
I'm a working woman. Married .we are trying for a baby. Had 1 abortion on 45th day because of unknown issue. Did hormone test. Think progstr s little low. How to improve that. Which day is perfect for the happening pregnancy. I know my ovulation days. Is there any treatment for that hormone? When will I take that hcg injection. I'm under diet too.
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of homeopathy:
- No side-effects: homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of european union legislation and european pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Long term gain: studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: when compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Penile Soreness - 5 Common Causes of an Aching Groin
Men with an aching groin area may be experiencing nothing more than the predictable after-effects of an enthusiastic encounter in the sheets; and what man wouldn't want the bragging rights that come with the penile soreness resulting from a whole night of getting it on? On the other hand, before taking his accomplishment to the locker room, a man who is in serious discomfort might be better off taking himself to the doctor to rule out an underlying penis injury or other problem. Proper penis care can help to ensure that a minor issue won't turn into a long-term disability.
Common causes of penile soreness
1) Bending/twisting - In the middle of a steamy encounter, a couple may try numerous different positions that can bend or twist the penis in a variety of directions. A sudden and unexpected move by a partner may also cause torsion of the erect member that can lead to minor tissue damage. In most cases, injuries of this nature are minor, and a few days of rest should be enough to resolve the resulting soreness. However, if severe pain occurs, or the ache does not recede after a few days - or the torsion is accompanied by a popping sound from the penis - medical attention should be sought immediately. The symptoms may signal a penile rupture; appropriate treatment is a must to avoid long-term disfigurement and/or loss of function.
2) Blunt force trauma - A misplaced knee or a flying soccer ball to the groin can be instantly agonizing, as well as leaving the area throbbing and sore for hours. Impact trauma to the penis can result in bruising and other tissue damage; again, if the symptoms do not fade, or if swelling or severe bruising occur, a trip to the doctor is in order.
3) Urinary tract infection - While not related to any direct penis injury, a urinary tract infection can affect the entire length of the urethra and may cause pain along the shaft of the penis. Urinary tract infections require treatment with antibiotics, so there is no skipping the trip to the doctor for this type of pain.
4) Sexually transmitted infection - As with a urinary tract infection, a disease picked up through intimate contact can cause pain along the urethra. Men who experience a burning sensation, especially if it is accompanied by sores, rash, discharge, fever or other flu-like symptoms, should be immediately tested and treated at a clinic or medical center.
5) Overuse - Finally, that penis pain may really just be related to a little too much loving; the muscles along the shaft may become sore, just as the legs might ache after unaccustomed exercise. In this case, all that is needed is a day or two of rest; however, if the pain does not fade away, or becomes worse, then some of the other possibilities should be considered.
Prevention and daily care for a healthy penis
Taking steps to avoid injury is common sense, although there is, of course, no guarantee that a freak accident won't happen. However, at the very least, men should be sure to cover up and support the goods during athletic activities. Using a personal lube during intimate encounters can also help to prevent chafing, as well as bending or twisting injuries that may occur when body parts aren't quite as slick as they should be during vigorous thrusting. Using protection for ALL encounters is a must, even with a committed partner, to avoid not only sexually transmitted infections and unwanted pregnancies, but also to avoid contact with bacteria that can cause painful UTIs.
The penis should also be kept clean at all times, and men should avoid the use of soaps and cleansers that contain alcohol, detergents and other ingredients that can irritate the penile tissue. Adding a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that is enriched with natural moisturizers and emollients can also help to keep the skin smooth, sleek and supple, helping to reduce the risk of friction-related injuries, as well as speeding healing of minor tissue damage.