Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.V.ShobhaYour feedback matters!
My period is two days late and have tested my self for pregnancy and its negative. Could it be that am suffering for PCOS. Whaf medication can I take.
Few days back we did protected and unprotected sex. Very next to next day she took one tablet by name unwanted 72. But there was no such reactions. Can it be affect in her periods?
The development of minimally invasive surgical procedures has brought about great improvement in the medical field. This form of surgical procedure makes use of advanced technologies so as to reduce the need for making bigger incisions (or cuts) that characterise conventional open surgeries for the pelvic or abdominal region. A modern surgical technique that has made its appearance in the field of minimally invasive surgery is the laparoscopic single incision surgery.
So what is laparoscopic single incision surgery?
A variation of the traditional laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic single incision surgery is a relatively a more complex process as it involves the manipulation of 3 surgical instruments through just one point of access. The chief advantage that it offers is that of fewer scar formations as the incision point is very small. Instead of the usual 4-5 small incisions that characterise a laparoscopic surgery, only a single incision of about 1.5-2cm is made and is used as point of entry for different surgical instruments to be inserted.
It can help procedures ranging from gynaecological and urological to colon and cover operations like removal of gallbladders, appendix, ovarian cysts, ovaries or the small bowel. The length of time that the surgeon normally takes to perform an operation using this approach is the same as you would normally expect from a conventional laparoscopic technique (which is roughly an hour).
What are the advantages of this form of surgery?
The reason behind the growing popularity of this type of surgical procedure is that unlike open surgery, it does not come with the disadvantages of longer recovery times, greater pain, infection and blood loss.
The key benefits that this form of minimally invasive surgery offers are:
1. It causes less discomfort than a normal open surgery as it requires only a single incision to be made on the body
2. Since fewer incisions are made, the chances of infection and scarring are also significantly reduced through this approach
3. Again, because the recovery time for this minimally invasive surgical procedure is short, the hospital stay following this surgical procedure is also of a shorter span
4. It also enables you to return to your diet of solid food much faster than you would normally do when you opt for the traditional surgery
5. It also sees you returning to your daily activities and lifestyle much faster
Offering a host of benefits, including fewer complications, single incision laparoscopic surgery can be opted if you suffer from problems of the abdominal or pelvic region.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
What are the fruits and all to be taken to increase Blood in the body when ia female is pregnant? Please suggest me?
My period starts usually on the first week or last week of the month and after taking ipill on June 17, (2 days after my. Period end). I got a bleeding after 4-5 after taking ipill and now my period time is over which usually happen on 1st week of every month. Am I pregnant? shall I go. For pregnancy test or Is this the side effect of Ipill?
I got my periods on 24 th of July then I had intercourse on 3rd of August. So is there any chances of getting pregnant.
I am female 31 years old married. I have Pcod and thyroid and my period stopped it's been months no period. Can you pristine me any medicine to get my period?
My age is 41. I got a cut near anus by nail six month before. It is not healing up. I am using soframycin.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf with protection but the condom breaks and sperms entered in. Pls say how to avoid pregnancy? Is there any pills?
I am getting my periods before time (10-12days) from last few months. While having periods I have pain in my breast which is not tolerable.
I am 24 years old. I had sex with my bf one month ago but I had taken oral contraceptive that time. But we had done it a couple of times in a week n he jerked it n I took the oral contraceptive only once at the end of the week. I check through the prega news after a month n it shows positive. What should I do next? This is my 1st experience n m so much tensed please help me.
My wife has missed her period. Today is day 3 since the missed period. We took a home pregnancy test which results with two lines one darker and the other is faint. She has symptoms like breast tenderness, frequent urination, dizziness, and severe cramps in her back and her legs. These were started since four days. How should we proceed? Help.
Hi doctor My sister is 33 year old she is having ovarian cyst and fibroid since 4 year can it be cured by Ayurveda treatment. She is been told to get operation.
Hello Dr. I want to know that before period how many days is safe for sex and after period also so that for no pregnancy. And at this age how long should be do for sex to have good health.
Build your bonesSpinach,radicchio and watercress may not immediately come to mind as foodsfor keeping bones strong, but all contain lots of vitamin K. A study at TuftsUniversityin Boston found that low dietary intake of vitamin K in women was associated with low bone mineral density. (Thestudy didn’t find a link in men.) Just one cup (250 mL) of chopped watercresshas 100 percent of your daily vitamin K; radicchio, 120 percent; and spinach,170 percent.Sharpen your eyesightTosstogether a salad of spinach,romaine and red leaf lettuce: They all contain loads of the carotenoids vitaminA, lutein and zeaxanthin’key to seeing better. Vitamin A helps eyes adapt from brightlight to darkness. Lutein and zeaxanthin can help filterout high-energy light that may cause eye damage from free radicals.Rev up your musclesRecentSwedish research found that inorganic nitrate ‘abundant in spinach‘resultedin muscles using less oxygen. Thestudy, which had healthy participants ride an exercise bike before and aftertaking a dose of nitrate, found it improved the performanceof the mitochondria’which power our cells’in muscles.Protect your heartWhipup a Caesar salad to benefit from romaine’s high levels of two heart-healthynutrients: Two cups (500 mL) of shredded romaine contain 40 percent of yourdaily needs of folate and 10 percent of fibre. A study done at TulaneUniversity in New Orleans showed that the higher the level of folate in aperson’s diet, the lower the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease. Soluble fibre hasbeen shown to reduce the level of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or ‘bad’cholesterol.Reduce risk of diabetesChronic magnesiumdeficiency has been linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes andthe development of insulin resistance. Twocups (500 mL) of spinach contain 16 percent of your daily magnesium needs;arugula has six percent.
Many people, particularly the younger generation is absolutely against the consumption of ghee. That is because, they are not informed of the health benefits of this golden tinged, flavorful and nutrient-rich butterfat. The consumption of ghee can be traced back to the tradition of Ayurveda in the ancient India, and it was regarded as a sacred, cleansing, medicinal and nutrient rich food. Here are some of the unknown benefits of ghee.
- Ghee is free of lactose: Many individuals are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk due to the quality of the dietary product, because of the digestive condition of the person concerned. Do you know, a substantial percentage of the total population of the world is lactose intolerant? In case you belong to that group, you can consume ghee without any worries. The traditional cultures were aware of the ways in which the digestibility of any dairy product can be improved. The process of making ghee helps in the removal of lactose and leaves behind the purest form of butter oil.
- Ghee is casein free: Casein is the protein component present in milk which causes milk allergies. When the gut flora gets compromised, the consumption of casein can pave the way for an opiate effect on the brain since it is not well digested. When ghee is made, the milk solids comprising of lactose as well as casein float on the top which aids in their easy removal. In the pure Indian cuisine, ghee used does not contain lactose and casein. This is because the process of culturing removes all traces of these components.
- Ghee is a stable source of fat when used in cooking: The polyunsaturated oils such as safflower and sunflower oil contain different types of double bonds and which make them least stable for cooking. On the other hand, ghee is primarily a saturated fat which is highly stable for baking and sautéing.
- Ghee is a form of saturated fat: There are many pieces of research which prove that consumption of saturated fats does not cause any cardiac disease. So, if you have high blood pressure and cardiac problems, you can freely consume ghee without worrying about aggravating it.
- Ghee contains bio-available Vitamin A in abundance: The dairy products derived from ruminants like goats, cows, and sheep which graze on the grass offers an amazing source of fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A. This type of vitamins is mainly stored ion the fat portion which means that the concentration of vitamin in milk is lower than that of the ghee. Vitamin A plays a considerable role in hormone balance, fertility, liver health, and stamina.
Hence, to reap these benefits, you should consider consuming little amounts of ghee every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The practice of drinking cold milk during this fast/ this day has its origins in science. Sharad ritu (Autumn season = Ashwin & Kartik maas) brings in very hot days and cool nights. During such weather, ‘pitta’ or acidity or the body heat becomes predominant in our body. Consumption of milk & rice flakes is a good remedy for ‘pitta’.
- There is also a close connection between the moon and the Sharad Purnima day – the moon is believed to be close to the earth on the day and it is believed that moon’s rays contain nourishing elements. People believe that as the moon is nearest to the earth on the day and as moon’s rays has several curative properties it will be helpful to human beings. So people spend the evening under moonlight.
- Chandra, the moon god, is associated with herbs and medicine in Hinduism. The rays are believed to be associated with mental health, Depression, Emotions, Mood Swings, Cold, Phlegm, Asthma, Distress, Insomnia, Weak Left eye, Breasts and womb effected in Astrology. The rays being cooling in nature suppress the body heat.
- The showering of Bhakti Raas on the Sharad Purnima night by Krishna on Gopis and Radha has been the main theme for poets and philosophers and still continues to attract the fantasies of common man. The Sharad Purnima night is also seen as the night of love and couples come out at night to face the moon and express their love. Therefore, Sharad purnima becomes the night of pure unconditional love and meditation.
- Meditation for at least 5 minutes in front of the "moon amrit shower" brings peace and health to the mind and the body ( The ideal timing for meditation tonight is 8.50 pm to 12.10 am).