Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. V. K. Reddy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. B. V. K. ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi my age is 27 i am getting the throat pain little bit when i am swallowing the water and any thing what i do now for that ?
My throat is burning specially after taking lunch. I am 27 years old taking normal meals sometimes it doesn't happen but mostly happen how to control? Please suggest.
My daughter got water in her ears while swimming and has got a heavy feeling in the head. Please suggest a way for relief.
I have a blowing nose almost all the year need to know the reason? Also please suggest some exercise for it.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.
In morning when I sneeze or spit and from nose little blood will be there with mucus what may be the reason?
Sir My mother has right BPPV vertigo From past 3 months. So kindly can you suggest some medicine or alternate solution for this
I am 30 years old male. For the past few days I noticed dizziness. Yesterday I checked my bp it was 130/98 due to which doctor suggested me amodep 5.plz lemme know wht is the actual problem with me.
We humans are obsessed with the way we look. This is despite the fact that we can only see what the mirror (or our pictures) shows and nobody can actually see their own faces. The nose is one part that very few are happy with. It is either too short, long, round, sharp, whatnot. To add to that, science has come up with the size and shape that can make one look beautiful. There are surgeries that can shape it up, so you can walk with your nose held high!!
Rhino, stands for nose, and plasty is for surgery. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which is useful in correcting the shape and size of the nose. Earlier done as a treatment for people with chronic nasal congestion and blocks, it has gained popularity as a cosmetic procedure in the recent decades.
As noted, rhinoplasty could be done for cosmetic and therapeutic reasons, some of them being:
- Nose completely out of proportion with the facial size
- Misshapen tip of the nose, which could be drooping, hooked, or bulbous
- Nostrils not in proper position or misshapen
- Asymmetrical nostrils
- Nasal bridge having lumps or bumps
- Externally visible deviation of the nasal septum, causing both cosmetic and breathing issues
During the surgical reshaping, cartilage may be added or removed to achieve the desired shape.
What to expect before the procedure?
Getting yourself in the right hands. Think about it, in the wrong hands, this surgery can have very serious effects, not just functionally but also cosmetically. You could then end up wishing that you were better off with the previous, misshapen nose. After the surgery, you will notice a different you in the mirror, as the nose has a telling effect on a person’s appearance.
At the time of surgery:
Depending on the extent of surgery, local or general anesthesia is used. General is preferred though. With a local anesthesia, you will be aware of the sights and sounds of the surgery.
Post the procedure:
Once the procedure is over, gradually expect the following.
- A puffy face, as the tissue around the eyes and the nose will be considerably swollen
- The nose will be covered with a splint for at least a week. This allows the bones and cartilage to settle down in their new position.
- Use a cold compresses to help in pain control and reduce swelling
- Take the entire course of antibiotics and pain killers
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated for the first one week postoperatively
Rhinoplasty is definitely a choice to improve appearance and self-esteem; the key is to place yourselves in safe hands. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!