Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. B SwamyYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is basically caused due to the lack of production of insulin or improper use of the produced insulin, which eventually leads to a deficiency in the blood glucose level. Diabetes is of two types, one where the insulin production is insufficient therefore the glucose level cannot be balanced; two when the body cannot produce insulin at all and therefore patients must inject insulin to maintain close levels. Apart from synthetic drugs, you can use various home remedies to cure or at least improve your diabetic condition. Here are some great home remedies to effectively maintain your blood sugar level:
bitter gourd have juice extracted from bitter gourd every morning on an empty stomach. Having this everyday for a few months will help maintain blood sugar levels.
guava: have guava every day after peeling the skin off. It contains vitamin c and fiber which help maintain the standard blood glucose level. Excessive guava eating is not recommended.
mango leaves- soak fresh mango leaves in water (say a one litre bottle) over night and consume first thing in the morning. You could even let them dry out, powder the leaves and have half a teaspoon everyday.
basil leaves- have 2 tablespoons of juice extracted from basil leaves empty stomach, in the morning. These are loaded with antioxidants that relieve stress and also contain oils that help lower blood sugar levels.
jamun- jamun's leaves, seeds and berries are effective in improving blood sugar levels and they also prevent spikes in the level of insulin. You could eat a handful of the berries or powder the leaves and seeds- which you should consume twice a day.
amla- combine 2 teaspoons of amla juice in water and have it as soon as you wake up. Make this a part of your everyday routine to maintain blood sugar levels.
flaxseeds- eat one tablespoon of flaxseed powder with a glass of warm water every morning, on an empty stomach. Flax seed can bring down your sugar level by almost 28%. But be careful not to have more than 2 tablespoons per day, as that could be bad for health.
neem- neem enhances insulin receptor sensitivity, improves circulation and lowers blood sugar levels thereby reducing your dependency on synthetic drugs. Drink the juice of the need shoot everyday on an empty stomach for best results.
Fruits- fruits are rich in fiber and other minerals which help stabilize blood sugar levels of the body. Consume at least 5 fruits a day! choose fruits like banana's, blackberries, cranberries, grape fruit, blueberries, kiwi and other citrus fruits.
Apple cider vinegar- mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a class water and consume before every large meal. The nutritional components in apple cider will help control the rise in blood sugar levels after eating.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
My daughter is 22 months old. She had suffered vomiting and diarrhea 16 days back. She had started with vomiting after any feed (even water), followed by diarrhea (loose motions) at least 15 times a day. She was just on ORS (no antibiotics given and only Oral ondansetron and Lansoprazole were given) and it stopped after 4-5 days. But she continued with foul smelling, pasty stools with a frequency of 5-6 till date.(i. E. After 16 Days). I don't know what to do?
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Hi, I have a 10 months baby boy, I would like to know that what would be the best thing for him to eat in this age?
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
Hello. Ma baby is 5 month old and has eczema. Doctor has suggested fucidin h ointment along with atarax drops. Also dewsoft kid lotion. Is all dese safe fr my kid. I'm worried because fucidin h has steroids. Also how long will dis skin problem will be there for my kid?
Hi, Dr. My son suffering cold and cough from last two weeks also have blocked nose problem I consult local doctor and he gave some antibiotics, sumo cold drop's and nasal drops now cough problem solve but have fever last one day when I give him sumo cold drop's it normal but not gone permanent what can I do please help.
My son is 2 months old and has only breast milk. His poops are yellow color but it stinks and it is sticky. Also he does not poop everyday, he poops after two or three days.
My Doctor have advised me to breastfeed my baby in every 2 hours. But how much time should I allow my baby per feeding?
Breastfeeding has shown to have an incredible impact on the growth and development of an infant on account of the nutrients which are provided to the baby. The mental development which occurs due to breastfeeding is said to show even years from the time that a person was an infant. When a person considers just how important breastfeeding truly is, she would not want to make a mistake, would she?
A lot of new mothers are concerned, if their babies seem to fall asleep while feeding a lot quicker than they should. As a matter of fact, they worry that the babies will not get enough breast milk and this can stunt the development of the young ones. While this is true, it can be said that a few steps taken can make sure of the fact that there would be nothing for the mothers to worry about.
- Inadequate consumption: It is natural for a baby to have a tendency to fall asleep, after all, that rapid rate of growth is likely to consume a lot of energy. In order to make sure the baby consumes enough milk prior to falling asleep, what should be done is that the mother should transfer the baby from one breast to the other one when she notices that the rate at which the baby is consuming is slowing down. The effect this has is to make sure that the rate of transfer is maximised; as the fastest rate, the milk transfers is when the baby begins suckling, for the first few minutes.
- Risk of Infection: Taking into due account what a sensitive and important process breastfeeding is, it can be said that an infection is something which can disrupt the process. One of the infections happens to be thrush. This is one which can spread from the mouth of the baby to the breasts of the mother. The effects of the infection include soreness and possibly even a rash. A doctor would probably provide the patient with some anti-fungal medication in order to fight the infection off.
- Latching problems: Another issue which is faced by new mothers is that there is a pain when the baby is to latch on to the nipple. In order to reduce this, what can be done is that the mother can try keeping the baby in a position to cover as much of the area under the nipple than over and adjust the baby to cover the nipple when he or she yawns.
These are just some of the common issues faced by new mothers. However, following a few simple measures can ensure that the experience of breastfeeding is most satisfying for both mother and child.
My son is 4-month old, he is not holding his neck & not making any eye contact. Doctor's have declared that he ha agency of corpus callosum disorder after doing MRI & Tests. I am very depressed & not knowing what to do as they have informed me that in further pregnancy this disorder may come. Kindly suggest what to do for my son & for my future. Please help us.
Sir, my wife is 22 yr old. We have a female baby of 2.5 year old.* she has inserted by copper t before 6 months .At present we are going for family planning by tubectomy. The people say after few years these ladies will suffer by by many diseases related to uterus etc. What may be the safety measure .please suggest.
My baby is four months old her weight is 4.8.My pedctrn said she need to putton.Shez on my feding i m hvg enough milk but she jus want to play i jus force fully feed her
My baby girl is 6 months old these days she's licking floor and always keeps her thumb finger in her mouth. Since three days she is going motion quiet often and yesterday loose motions happened suggest some remedy. Thank you.
My daughter is 5 years old her hair is very thin not even a little finger size I use coconut oil Nad clinic plus shampoo can you suggest Me what to do to make her hair thick oil shampoo and food that can be given.
Hello. Recently became mother, it's been 1 month now but can't feed my baby properly as my milk production is very less. Hello to boost up the milk production so that my baby can get enough milk. please help.
I have a 6 and a half month old baby can I give him pale g biscuit dissolved in formula n how many. Are thy harmful?
Crying is often considered as a good sign for babies, especially when the baby is too small to talk about how he or she may be feeling. Crying is often an indicator that the baby is hungry or sleepy. But if your baby is crying a lot, it could also mean that he or she is in pain or distress. Blocked nasal passages, sudden shock, colic and indigestion problems are some of the most common problems that can cause frequent and constant crying. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that can help in treating persistent crying when it comes to babies. Read on to know more.
- Chamomilla: This medicine can be used when the child is whining relentlessly. It can also treat fretful behaviour, as well as irritability. Also, this medicine can be used when the child needs constant carrying around and petting. When the child is never still and suffering from earache or headache, this medicine can be used too.
- Cina: Screaming children and their discomfort can be treated with Cina. This medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like moaning and coughing along with anxious behaviour. Also, when children gasp for air and end up turning pale, this medicine can be prescribed. Further, the doctor may prescribe this medicine when the child is having nightmares and not getting enough sleep.
- Causticum: This medicine is ideal for children who are extremely sensitive and cry at the smallest instance. In such cases, the child will be cranky because of the threat of pain or idea of pain, rather than the actual pain. This child will usually cry persistently because of a low threshold of pain. In such cases, this medicine can help.
- Rheum: Impatience and vehemence can be treated with the help of this medicine. In many cases the child will be cranky throughout the night and toss all night as well. The child may even be cranky with his or her favourite items and toys. Unpleasantness is usually a part of a child’s behaviour in such cases. Rheum can help in tackling this problem with regular doses.
- Belladona: This medicine is helpful for children who begin to cry violently as if he or she is in severe pain. Teeth gritting and screams are common symptoms of children who will require this medicine. This is especially helpful when the child is crying without any apparent reason.
- Aconite: When the child cries constantly and becomes anxious, Aconite can be used to help soothe the child. This medicine can also help in cases where the child is scared of falling off to sleep and is anxious.