Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B. SudhakarYour feedback matters!
Very recently suffering from difficulty in passing urine I am aged 74 started taking tamsulosin 0.4mg tabs per day for the last 2days whether I will get relief or to consult urologist?
Sir my uncle is 50 years old and suffering from the problem of stone in their kidney and doctors take 5 operation in last 10 years but after dn stone again grow and nw 20mm of stone also in their kidney please suggest me sir what they do for this.
I have two kidney stone approx 5 or 6 mm in my right kidney due to this I feel very pain please tell me perfect medicine for this.
Hi sir I have a stone in my kidney. and am suffering high pain of it. How I can mange it. How to melt that stone and what measures I have to take.
My mother age: 58+ first time she is having blood in its urine. She is feeling weak and shivering type from cold. So kindly suggest what to do?
If creatinine levels are high at 4.5 but BP and sugar levels are within limits, what could be the extent of damage to the kidneys?
I having pain in my lower abdomen and back both side mildly and legs pain also from last 4 days. I can't pass my urine clearly having some pain and passing time having legs pain. Is this any kidney problem or stone. What should I do.
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009. My stream is also gud.
Hii I am 22 years old girls. I discharge urine alot if I drink 1 glass of water I go to toilet 2 to 3 times please help me what to do. Doc says water is good for skin bt how I drink water if I discharge so much. I have another problem also of my stomach. I am 51 Kg and my stomach comes out. It look bad for my body. My body are thin and I have fat on my stomach please suggest me so that I overcome that problem. And one more thing I wanted to ask is dat rice Give fat for stomach?
Sir I have problem in penis. When I urinate a burning sensation is felt inside it. This happens only sometimes at night. Please give a solution for it.
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. If there are sufficient red cells, the urine turns to a bright red, pink or cola shade. Frequently, the urine looks totally ordinary because there is insufficient blood to change the colour. In this situation, the condition is called 'microscopic' hematuria.
The most common causes of hematuria are given below:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stones
- Tumours in the kidney or bladder
- Exercise: In this case, the blood is produced in the urine after strenuous activity. It is more commonly experienced by male patients.
- Injury: Traumatic damage to any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the urethral opening, can cause hematuria.
The symptoms of hematuria vary depending upon the condition. These are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis: If the glomerulonephritis is not serious, it may not show any signs. If the symptoms do show up, they can cause swelling, particularly in the lower furthest points(the thighs, legs, feet, and toes), decreased urine, and hypertension.
- Kidney or bladder infection: Symptoms rely on the site of the diseaseand can even cause extreme pain on one side of the lower back, fever, chills, nausea with vomiting, and pain in the bladder.
- Prostate infection: There can be pain in the lower back or in the region between the scrotum and rearend. Pain with discharge, blood in the semen, andfever and chills can also occuronce in a while.
- Tumour in the kidney or bladder: Most kidney and bladder problems develop without bringing about any pain or uneasiness. At the point when side effects build up, abdomen pain may be persistent.
- Kidney stones: When a kidney stone gets attached to the ureters, it can bring about extreme pain in the back, side or crotch, with nausea and difficulties in urination.
Based upon the suspected cause of hematuria, some of the treatments may include the following:
- Urine culture: In this test, a urine sample is extracted and examined to check whether bacteria has developed. This test is used to find a case of a kidney or bladder disease.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys, ureters and bladder: For most cases,a CT scan is conducted. This helps in viewing the internal organs and finding the areas that may have been affected by the condition. It also shows the extent of the damage and the spread of the disease so that a proper treatment plan may be laid out.
- Ultrasound: This test uses sound waves to create images that can show whether or not a kidney mass is a non cancerous. This method can also be used to find out whether or not there are any kidney stones, which may be causing hematuria.
- Cystoscopy: In this test, the specialist embeds an adaptable telescope into the urethra and passes it into the bladder to investigate the bladder lining for tumours or different issues.