Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B Srinivas ReddyYour feedback matters!
My baby is 1 month old. Should I give her gripe water or mugli ghutti 555. Is these medicines are safe and useful for infants.
Hi I have a question for my 9 month kid. Please help me with my doubts. My baby born weight is 2.91 but after 8 months weight does not increase. What to do. Also she was fair but now she is becoming dark day by day. It's because of summer. Please help me rectify the issue for my daughter.
I am really facing problems to control my sons behavior. He is 2.8 yrs old and generally quite intelligent but he listens to only what he wants otherwise he will ignore anything told to him. He has started hitting other kids and us too. If we do not do what he wants then he either hits us or starts shouting. Worst is when he does that in public or hit other kids in the playareas. Plus he has always had a habit of eating sand, which subsided for sometime but now again he started with it. Now he eats n comes to show me that he has had sand. Initially I told him not to eat but when my efforts went in vain I started ignoring but that too didn't work, now I even tell him that you will insect in your stomach, but nothing is working. He has a very rebellious nature. If nothing then he will throw sand on other kids. Pls tell me what to do?
My baby is 16 months old. Suffering from fever, Cold & crying every time .appetite is not good. Please prescribe .thank you sir.
My daughter age 22 month she say papa one word only she can hear normally is she any problem to talking or she is normal I am worried about this please help me.
I have a girl child of 2 years 4 months. She is staying with my parents. She is a hyper active girl. For the past 3 days. She could not report the urine. What I mean to say is .previously she was repeating us when she wanted to urinate. And we will take her out/wash room. But now she could not recognize that. And pissing automatically in dress. Daily at night time. We use has to her. Day time she used to tell about urine / motion. Now also she will tell about motion but not urine. She Is not feeling any pain in vagina. Is that any bad sign or need to consult doctor. Kindly suggest.
Can newborn babies have leukoderma? Can they be born with leukoderma? How early can one get leukoderma? What are the other diseases which we can confuse with leukoderma?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
My baby tended to look to the left and her head has become flat on left. Now she only wants to sleep on his right side and cries while I sleep her on her back. She is also uncomfortable in lap. Will it cause problems for her when she grows up. If yes what to do to correct the problem.
Is there any treatment other than borne marrow transplantation (which was ruled out in this case) and blood transfusion on a regular monthly basis (which is being done for her for last 18 years and high chances of infections) for THALASSEMIA MAJOR. This girl, who is the daughter of my friend, is suffering from this since the age of 2 and she is now 20 doing her BBA LLB. She is a very normal cute girl without any external look of a patient. She is based in Kerala.
My son yashwant going for swimming class. .his body colour changes and becomes dull and dark. Tell me why? Kindly tell me good remedy to make my don look fair.
I am 27. I had c-section delivery. My baby is 5 month old. Is it safe for him to consume green coffee during breastfeeding?
I had a daughter 1 year and wife deceased due to delivery complication, from that time my daughter was staying at my in-laws place, I want suggestion that should I leave my daughter at my in-laws place or get back to my home where my mother can see the baby.
His son weeps a lot in night. He already consulted to doctors about it but child still weeping. So guyz what to do?
Calcium Supplements like Shelcal ( for elderly) and Calci max suspension(for children) contain Calcium carbonate as one of the main components.People say that one should avoid these supplements as the Calcium carbonate present in these can cause stones after a period of time. If this is true, kindly advise alternate calcium supplements for elderly as well as children which are totally safe.
What is diet plan for two year baby and weight is 8 kg, so weigh graining diet plan Protein powder is helpful for baby or not.
My son is 8 yr old and was admitted in Fortis hospital for typhoid and recovered but after 10 days he had stomach ache and vomiting and diagnosed as viral and given Ondem and Meftal- spas SOS but had temporary relief frequently complaining the same first weak of July he start going to school again had vomiting, loose motion and stomachache and white smelly stool does not want to eat anything become very weak and irritable and also had salivation while sleeping. Please advice.
My child is 21 months. He hasn't immune. Often gets cold fever runny nose. Sneezing.wet cough. I gv him prescribed medicines. By doctors. Bt. I don't get any result. please suggest me am strong medicine.
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.