Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. B.Shankar RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam my throat is swollen and I can't speak well it happens regularly can you suggest me any precautions to avoid that?
Hi I am 43 yrs old female, there is a hole in my left ear, I am scared to do surgery. Please suggest.
Hello sir, Sir mera que h ki kya dono naak se saans lete h ki ek se, kyoki mera ek naak hamesha band rahta h kya ye koi beemari h kya. Sir iska jwab jarur d sir. Ho sake to mujhe mail kr dijiyega pls.
Sir meri age 24 years h. Mujhe bachapan se nose ki allergic problem h. Bachpan me asthma bhi tha but abhi kaafi kam h. Kya allergies ka proper treatment h kya?
Sir i've hole in tympanic membrane by trauma in right ear. But doctor tell me that you have nerve problem because my audiogram shows left ear snhl. Please suggest me what should I do?
I am 73 yr old. I have left frontal maxilary sinusitis for last 25 years or so. Mostly left nostril gets blocked in the night and sleep is disturbed. Alegra- the anty allery drug also does not help much. I remain tired all the time due to lack of sound sleep due to sinusitis.
Sir, I am having swell under my eyes from about a year it's not that much but it is visible. I am having sinus, is it do to that?
I have some pain at near to ear for last two days. It is increasing day by day. Please track me how to solve my problem.
My daughter is eight years old. She is having nose bleed from one nostril. It is happening every fourth day now. We have got her coogulative profile done. The test is normal. Please suggest.
Recently I taken x-ray in my nose, result mention" paranasal sinus" pls tell about what type of treatment taken.
I have a little pain in my throat and I do have pain in eyes what should I do in this situation specially regarding to my throat.
I am 19 years old I am suffering from allergy from 4 years I am using levosetride'5 tablet while I use that I haven't prblm BT if I stop using that tablet I will suffer severe sneeze so daily I am using that tablet so pls I want permanent solution.
I almost always have that sticky solid mass in my throat (the one that also appears in nose). What does it mean?
Hi I have throat pain for past two days.I am taking salt water goggling for past two days let me know if anything else needs to be followed or any tablets.
I am suffering from smelling sensation loss due to some previous sinus infection and would like to restore the loss of smelling sensation and I need suitable suggestion.
I am 26 years old and snore while sleeping and main problem is snoring sound which is very high as per feedback of my family. I was feel very sleepy even though I take 8-9 hrs sleep but sleep late and wakeup late. Please need your advice to cope with snoring and sleep as am not able to concentrate on my studies.
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping.