Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.Saritha
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. B.SarithaYour feedback matters!
Hai doctor my name is vamshi iam 22 years old iam a under graduate. And my problem is I will get severe pain in the chest just before the heart and at at the same place in back also. This problem will occur in only nights. I got this 4-6 times up to now. In your point of view what would be the problem which is iam facing.
Sir, today I was travelling in a vehicle. I got a very bad seat. The seat was so raised above that if I try to sit freely my head touched the roof. So to avoid this I bent my backbone/vertebral column like C shape. It was a two hour journey through bad roads full of pits. When I reached home my back started paining. It is okay? Should I worry about this? Will my nerves that is between the vertebrae get damaged?
I am suffering from lumbar spondylosis from one year my doctor suggest me exercise but it can not help. My body muscles got tight I even can not get up. I do not raise my hand fold my leg. please help me I am in very bad condition.
My right leg knee joint and ankle are feeling weak, since 2 years. While I bent the leg, it makes very little noise. Mostly I doesn't felt any pain, but sometimes I feel very little mild pain for short duration. What is the problem with my knee and ankle?
Hello I'm 22 years old male. Since few days I'm having severe pain in my body parts & every day pain varies from one part to another i.e one day it'll be around neck & shoulder & next day it'll be on knee or hands. It's happening since 7-8 days & I don't know why it's happening & because of the pain I'm feeling weak & drowsy. I work in a night shift & sleep pattern changed. Please help me & suggest what should I do.
Hi All, 1) I had ligament ACL disrupted from its femoral attachment. 2) bucket - handle type of tear involving the pestering horn of the lateral ventricles with centrally flipped fragment. 3) small grade II tear involving the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. Doctor suggested me to do arthroscopy surgery, can you please suggest me is it required surgery immediately or I can wait for sometime so that I can go for physio and strengthen my leg. Please provide your suggestions.
My mother is 88 years old she is having pain in lower back L5 vertebrae can she put bovulor patch to relieve the pain .which size.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days. Also, even though the weather is changing, it is still prevalent and as on November 18, 878 cases have been reported in Delhi itself.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rainwater-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of painkillers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!