Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Sandeep Raj
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B Sandeep RajYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year old person. I'm suffering from ear blockage last 10 days. The blockage point is sinus end to ear end .I also a sinus problem in last 15 year. I taking only stem but mild relief so far. Please suggest me a proper medicine.
Im 21 year old boy last couple of weeks I have dry cough then Dr. gave me medicine and syrup of capex c for a week I take that but dry cough was still there with little mucus. Now I got fever and no energy in body laziness. And dry cough with little mucous and itching like in chest and cough comes. Now I again visited Dr. and gave medicine monast lc and cefpoglen 200 dispersible tablet .is the medicine right for me and I take dispersed tab directly with water .is any problem with that as I was not knowing one tab is dispersible.
Hello Doctor! I am 20 years old female. Let me start from the beginning. I got asthma attack when I was 9 years old, and was treated well which made me completely fit within 1 year. But the problem started today when I smoked cigarette for the first time with friends and after like 3 hours I started taking deep breath while speaking! Now my question is, will this one time smoking cause a long time effect, will I get asthma attacks regularly like before even after using inhaler? Please help me. * I USE ESIFLO 125 INHALER. AND I LEFT THE IDEA OF SMOKING AGAIN. :)
Im suffering from dry cough for last two weeks. Whenever the cough is out from mouth, pain in the chest. So, suggest what should I do?
I am inhaling'foracort' rotacap as I have allergy and suffering asthma; after inhaling I am ok for the past 7 years; please inform me any other inhalers advanced medicines available to-date. Thanks (age 61 years)
I am suffering from very bad cough with lots of phlegm/mucus (yellow colour) from throat and some times mucus coming from nose from last month. I have used antibiotics for 1 week but no use. I am feeling a wheezing from chest when coughing. What is the reason for this type of cough? How can I receive from this cough.
I drank cold water yesterday. Normally I am used to drink cold water but since today morning my tonsils are paining a lot. And I am also having body ache. I ate paracetamol 500mg but its not working. What should I do now? please suggest me any other medications.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!