Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B S ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have a callus growth under my feet. It doesn't pain at all and I don't even feel it. How long can I postpone the removal of the callus before it can cause me problem?
I used to have very thick and dense hairs. But now I am suffering from sever hair loss, also my hair are now thin. What should I do to get back my dense and thick hairs?
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Ring worm causes in summer, but I am suffering in rainy season also. What may be the reason ? What will be the treatment?
Sunscreen can protect your skin against skin cancer and premature aging. However, it is not as effective unless it's applied correctly. Follow these tips when applying sunscreen:
Choose a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher, is water resistant, and provides broad-spectrum coverage, which means it protects you from UVA and UVB rays. Follow these helpful tips when selecting a sunscreen.
Apply sunscreen generously before going outdoors. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen and protect you. If you wait until you are in the sun to apply sunscreen, your skin is unprotected and can burn.
Use enough sunscreen. Most adults need at least one ounce of sunscreen, about the amount you can hold in your palm, to fully cover all exposed areas of your body. Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into your skin.
Apply sunscreen to all bare skin. Remember your neck, face, ears, tops of your feet and legs. For hard to reach areas like your back, ask someone to help you or use a spray sunscreen. If you have thinning hair, either apply sunscreen to your scalp or wear a wide brimmed hat. To protect your lips, apply a lip balm with a SPF of at least 15.
Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours to remain protected, or immediately after swimming or excessively sweating. People who get sunburned usually didn't use enough sunscreen, didn't reapply it after being in the sun, or used an expired product. Your skin is exposed to the sun's harmful UV rays every time you go outside, even on cloudy days and in the winter. So whether you are on vacation or taking a brisk fall walk in your neighborhood, remember to use sunscreen.
Hello, I am yashwanth. My hair going very thin and I have heavy dandruff. Before some Dr. Prescribed me keraglo men. Shall I continue it or any other medicine to use? If to continue how long should I?
My hair having infection of bacteria and it is about 2 year ago. So dandruff is not go on my head due to dandruff my hair fall is starting so suggest me what I do for to cure the infection of bacteria.
I HV many pimples on my forehead, after they dry the area becomes Darren so how to get the skin whiten.
I have black spots on my face 3 months passed after honing to the doctor there are no changes on my face so please give me any tips.
I am getting pimples on my face since 1 year I dint have such problem before what can I do for a neat clean face I need some natural therapy to treat it.
My face is very oily and pimples are on the way I tried to remove but pimples are not go. Please tell me some solution.
From six months I am getting more hair fall and my hair getting white in colour. What should I do to reduce my hair fall?
Good evening sir I have pimple on my face I try lots of facewash and many more but can't get any advantage so what can I do for this please help me sir for this.
I have a hair fall problem from 6 months to an year I usually follow healthy lifestyle that consists of jogging, yoga and No junk food. Any specific diet or some home remedies will help?
After a long summer, the first monsoon showers are something everyone looks forward to. After the third shower, this love often abates and the humid, damp weather causes a host of skin infections. Thus, it becomes essential to take extra care of the skin during the rainy season.
Here are a few tips to help your skin maintain its glow:
- Drink plenty of water: Though the weather is humid, the rainy season can make the skin dehydrated. Thus, it is important to drink plenty of water. This keeps the skin hydrated and avoids the accumulation of toxins in the body. 8 -10 glasses of water a day is the minimum intake required during the rainy season. Lotion based serums and water based moisturizers can also help keep the skin hydrated.
- Let your skin breathe: During the rainy season, avoid heavy makeup and foundation. Use water based moisturizers instead of oil based moisturizers. Leaving makeup on for too long during this season can enlarge your pores, block them and lead to acne breakouts. If you must use makeup, ensure that it is properly removed at the end of the day.
- Watch your diet: The condition of your skin mirrors the quality of your diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin glowing. Avoid spicy food that can cause erratic blood circulation and lead to allergies and skin irritations.
- Wash your face frequently: As soon as you get home from a day in the rain, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a soap free cleanser and a scrub to keep your skin clean. After cleaning your face, use an alcohol free toner to close your pores and balance the pH levels of your skin.
- Avoid bleaching: Bleaching and facials could do more harm than good in the rainy season. This can make your skin rough.
- Use sunscreen: Sunscreen protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. While UVB rays may be blocked by the overcast sky, UVA rays pass through windows and clouds as well. UV radiation not only accelerates signs of skin aging but can also lead to skin cancer. Thus, do not forget to wear sunscreen whether the sky is clear or not.
- Keep skin dry: As far as possible, keep your skin dry to fight fungal infections. Any place where the skin folds rub against each other is susceptible to such infections. During the rainy season, the feet are most prone of fungal infections. If you've walked through puddles of rainwater, wash your feet as soon as you get home and dry them properly. Also, avoid synthetic clothes that trap moisture and switch to cotton.
With these tips, your skin will be healthy and remain glowing throughout the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Loose anagen syndrome, which falls under the discipline of trichology, is a hair and scalp disorder characterized by the presence of anagen hair having abnormal morphology, which can be painlessly plucked or pulled from the scalp, with ease. The overall appearance shows a thinned hair growth (especially at the back), with growth stopping at the nape of your neck. This disorder is most commonly noted in young children, in girls more so than boys.
The exact cause for loose anagen syndrome is yet unknown. The predominating speculation about the same, however, suggests that an abnormality found in the anchoring mechanism of the hair might be at the cause of the disorder.
The inner sheath of the root plays an integral part in helping to anchor the sheath of the hair within the hair follicle. When afflicted by loose anagen syndrome, abnormalities in the keratinization of your inner root sheath, caused as a result of gene coding mutations for cytokeratins are considered to be at the root of the disorder. This leads to impairment in the adherence of the damaged or deformed shafts of hair, to their follicles. This may lead to premature cessation, especially of the anagen phase, and may result in a reduction of hair length.
1. Race: Most commonly noted in white skinned people, especially those with blond hair. It may, however, even be evident in case of those of Asian or African descent.
2. Sex: It has a higher incidence for females than males.
3. Age: The most frequently reported issues occur in young blond girls between the ages of 2 to 5 years. However, adults have also been known to suffer from it.
1. If you are affected by this disorder, you will find that hair density and length atypically increase over time and then darken in color.
2. Also, it can be easily uprooted from the scalp and hair pulling causes little to no pain.
Minoxidil is usually considered to be a good remedy to this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 21 years old and having problem due to greying of hair, what to do? Few years back I had applied hair colour from them onwards the problem arrised. What can I do now?
Sir My skin is little dark and I want to get little fair permanently. Please sir suggest me something by which I can become no much but at least little fair but it should be permanent.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.