Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. Ravinder ReddyYour feedback matters!
What kind out vegetables and fruits are good for healthy and glowing skin. Can you recommended a diet plan for such.
I am 61 years old. During winter season, my skin becomes dry and black patches appear on my face. Pl advise what medicine/lotion/moisturizer I should use.
I am 22 years old male. I have been using melacare forte plus cream for the past few months. Sometimes my skin is getting bright and sometimes it is getting very dark. So please help me and guide me a way to brighten then skin.
I'm 26 years old having problem of dark circle on face below both eyes with hole looking aged. What should I do?
I am 24 years old male. And I have gastric and bleeding problem in stool. Can you please help me with this.?
My skin colour is little bit dark. I wnt fair skin in a month. Plzzz suggest me a best cream which will not affect my skin to.
I have scars on my back. Basically it looks like bright horizontal lines. It doesn't pain though. What is it?
Hello doc, I have acne problem. I have acne almost all over the body. My back, chest, hands and even legs, have acne and its scares. I get ashamed of it many times. I tried many allopathic treatments. But all showed it side effects. Is there any homeopathic treatment. Or something else?
Hello sir I have a major problem. Sir I have black heads on my mouth It's feel me dirty. So please get solution of this problem.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.