Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. Raja Shekhar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. B. Raja ShekharYour feedback matters!
I have pain in heel muscles for 3 months. When I start walking then I feel pain in heel muscles after some time it becomes decrease. When I sit then I do not feel any pain, I feel normal. Tell me medicine.
My mom is 55 years old. Please prescribe the medicines that may help her. Her neck pain radiates from the neck to the right side of her head. She has difficulties in turning her face to the right or left side. This is going since 3 years and its now getting worse. She has blood pressure and is taking regular tablets for BP. And the back pain and knee pain also seems to be troubling her a lot. Thanks in advance.
I am having some pain in my left knee. It might be my ligament. Which might be streched while playing. Tell me some measures so that I can keep my ligament well in shape while playing.
I have an severe headache from last two days and I have a back pain to I have I used pain reliever too, what should I doo?
Hai respected sir. My wife is suffering from severe pain in back both shoulders and consulted so many doctors said that back bone of the neck has been pressed so do not do any weights lifting and work hard even not doing hard work the pain is spread from top to middle of the back, pain is severe daily.
- Commercial and domestic seating contributes to our poor postural habits. The chairs available rarely give adequate support to the low back, and unless a conscious effort is made to sit correctly, we are more or less forced to sit badly
- Ideally the back of all chairs should provide a lumbar support so that the lordosis, naturally present during standing, is also maintained while sitting.
- Unfortunately this support is rarely included. It is equally important that furniture in offices and_ factories is adapted to individual requirements. For example, if you are a desk worker you must make sure that the seat of your chair has the correct height. While sitting, your feet should rest flat on the floor and your thighs should remain horizontal without pressing on the seat. The desk itself must also be at the correct height; if the surface you lean on is too low, you will slouch forward and lose the lordosis.
- Finally, armrests must be positioned in such a way that,when using them, your shoulders are not unduly raised or lowered.Armrests should also allow your chair to be pulled under the desk so that you can sit with your stomach held gently against the front of the desk. This will prevent you from leaning over and losing the lordosis while performing desk tasks. Until furniture designers understand the requirements of the human frame and work accordingly, we will continue to suffer from their neglect.
- Although the poor design of furniture contributes to the development of low back problems, equal blame must be placed upon the individual who may use the chair improperly. If we do not know how to sit correctly, even the best chairs will not prevent us from slouching. On the other hand,", once we have been instructed and the correct concepts have been instilled, poorly designed chairs will not have such a detrimental effect on our sitting posture.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc. Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
- Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
- Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
- Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
- Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.