Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.Philip KumarYour feedback matters!
I was epileptic since 1988. I was diagnosed with eptoin to take and then after few years mazetol200. Since then I am taking this Medicine one in the night. But I don't have fits since 13 years. I am 47 year of age. Please advise.
I am a 25 year old girl having a good educational degree and a decent job. From my childhood I had been a shy and introvert kind of person (mostly due to the kind of environment I was growing up). As time passed, I became more and more socially awkward and failed to communicate and adjust with the outer world. In course of time, I started to build an imaginary world for myself where I could do everything which I couldn't do in reality. As a result I got cut up from the real world, did not make friends and now suffering from depression as I don't have any support system in my life who would understand me and listen to me. I am a very sensitive person but also highly ambitious. The only good thing I did in my life is to excel in academics. But now when I look back I feel empty. There is a large gap between the person I am in my real life and the person I am in my imaginary world. I want to achieve so much in my life but due to all these mess going in my head I am finding it difficult to focus on my career. Can anyone please help?
Neurological disorders are problems with any one or a combination of the central nervous system or any of its peripheral systems such as cranial nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and the autonomic nervous systems among others.
Some extreme examples of neurological disorders are:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Disorders brought on by strokes
- Multiple sclerosis and others
What is physiotherapy and how can it help?
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment where practitioners use physical forms of treatment such as massages, exercises, heat treatment and other controlled forms of external stimuli to treat physical disorders.
This method of treatment can be very effective in correcting neurological disorders.
Some of the physiotherapy techniques, which can be implemented to help patients, are as follows:
- Electrical Stimulation: This method is commonly used to treat muscular problems, especially incurred after an accident or any other form of injury. In this method, controlled electric stimulation is given to specific nerve areas over the skin to stimulate them.
- Heat treatment: This method involves applying heat to parts of the body such as joints or muscles where there is nerve or muscular damage. This treatment is especially effective for muscle related problems.
- Ice or cold treatment: Vertically opposite to the principle of heat treatment, ice or cold treatment is used to contract muscles within the body. This is especially effective where inflammation needs to be controlled.
- Manual therapy: Possibly the most common form of physiotherapy, this method employs massages, pressure points, stretching and hands on strengthening exercises and helps regularize nerve impulses to areas where they have been affected.
I have a very bad habit of eating gutkha. Due to that my mouth has stopped opening wide. My two fingers can not go inside my mouth. Is there any solution how my mouth will open again. And please advise me how to stop eating gutkha please I have tried many times to not eat but after 2 3 weeks of stoppage again it gets start. please help.
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity or apathy that can affect a person's thoughts behaviour feelings and sense of well being
1. Earlier interests slides down
2. Feeling nervousness
3. Sleeping too much
4. Feeling of fatigue and lack of energy
5. Significant increase or decrease in body weight
6. Feeling less hunger
7. Difficulty in concentration and focussing
8. Weeping in matter of minutes on anything and suicidal tendency
Causes: Excessive feeling of sorrows and woes, feeling lonely and forlorn frustration not able to move on as per the daily routine chores
1. Be busy and cheerful engage in activities for instance read novel books listen to music indulge in any sports activities
2. Keep away from darkness never be in the dark when depressed
3. Take a balanced diet to keep body and mind fit
4. Increasing healthy friendly circles