Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B PadmavathiYour feedback matters!
My friend had unprotected sex last year July from then she got regular periods but some before her periods she gets burning sensation in her vaginal she is scared whether she got hiv she can't do blood test due to some family issues please help.
Hi doctor. My age is 20. And am physically involved with by boyfriends. I have no problem. is it right for my future health or not?
Making love brings an intimacy between the couple that connects them in all ways, not just physical. Couples who do not have a great love life usually do not have a very fulfilling relationship. Though not openly admitted to, sexual problems are very common. Given the private nature of the issue, not many frankly talk about it though. However, sexual problems are quite common and can be attributed to a combination of physical and emotional reasons.
Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too. Read on to know some of the most common sexual problems in men and women and simple but sure ways to deal with them.
Common Sexual Problems in Men
Impotence: This is defined as the inability to attain and/or sustain an erection long enough for a satisfying intercourse. Quite a common problem, it can be due to relationship issues, hormonal problems, or performance anxiety. A frank talk with the partner and if required a counseling session can help identify the cause, and the problem seems to disappear.
Loss of Libido: This is a loss of arousal or reduced sex drive. This again has a strong physical and psychological component to it. Hypertension, diabetes, stress, hormonal issues, performance anxiety, and relationship issues are some of the reasons for loss of drive.
Ejaculation Disorders: Premature ejaculation is the early release of sperm. Retrograde ejaculation is when the sperms are released in the reverse direction back into the bladder. Delayed ejaculation is where there is delayed the release of sperms. There is often an underlying physical reason for this, which if corrected, helps in correcting the issue.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, acknowledging is the first step towards effective treatment. There are medications and hormonal supplements which are quite effective. Sex education, frank communication with the partner, and if required counselling is quite effective. Other therapies include hormone replacements, vacuum devices and penile implants.
Common Sexual Problems In Women:
Decreased Libido: Reduced sexual drive is more common in women than men. This could be due to hormonal issues (menopausal), strained relationships, vaginal and gynecologic infections, pelvic pain, painful sex, uterine disorders, etc.
Dyspareunia: Painful sexual intercourse is very common in females, and as much as 75% of women have experienced this during their sex life. Very commonly caused by vaginal dryness, vaginal infections, uterine disorders, UTIs and menopause. This again contributes to reduced libido. Lubricants, topical antibiotics and hormonal supplements can be used in addition to treating the underlying condition.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, as noted already, acknowledging and admitting is the first step. Treatment involves addressing underlying physical issues like hormonal imbalance, antibiotics, topical lubricants, etc. Counselling and involving the partner are most effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have delivered a baby through c section last month. How many days exactly should o wait before I can join gym to workout or start exercises.
I am 24 years old unmarried girl but I have notice some milky substance from my breast. So I am very much worried about it. Please help me.
Hi. I am 33 weeks pregnant as I have less hemoglobin which is at 7.2 and furtine at 4.5 my doctor is giving iron sucrose through IV. First time when I took my body was out of my control became very light weighted, along with giddiness and depression. 2nd time when ii took sucrose I had diarrhea. Please suggest if I can go ahead with further doses. Or any alternative medication can solve my problem? My body is intolerant to oral iron.
You might be extremely conscious of our health and might be working out on a daily basis in order to be fit. However do you know, getting the best result from your workout depends on a number of factors, the most important being the food you consume right before exercise.
Having these 6 foods will give you the best results:
1. Chicken - It is a lean protein and is perfect to build muscle. Also, chicken is rich in healthy minerals and nutrients while being low in fat, thus making it one of the healthiest products to consume before your daily workout.
2. Nuts - Nuts are abundant sources of protein and healthy fats and thus no matter what kind of nuts you consume before working out; they are guaranteed to improve your exercise regime.
3. Milk and Cereal - Milk has the goodness of protein and being liquid it also keeps your body hydrated during the workout. Cereals, on the other hand, are rich sources of carbohydrates that promote muscle growth. Try to pick cereals that are made of grains and have low sugar content.
4. Pasta - It is filled with carbohydrates and rapidly travels through your digestive system, thus instantly giving energy to your body. Moreover, the starchy carbohydrates provide stamina to help build perseverance during the workout.
5) Peanut Butter - It has high calorie content and thus can easily help you build muscle. In addition, it is a rich source of fat and thus consuming peanut butter helps you get the required healthy fat to burn as fuel while you work out.
6) Yogurt - If you indulge in muscle-building exercises and strength training, yogurt can do you a lot of good. This is because it is an abundant source of protein and also contains an adequate amount of minerals and nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had unprotected sex just after periods and after sex I'd taken I -pill in morning but my periods still not come yet. And today is 28th day. Is there any chances for pregnancy. What should I do?
Vitamins are very important and essential for the body. Vitamins are a form of nutrients, which must be consumed strictly for proper body functioning and building strong immunity. Vitamin pills are an ideal and easy source of essential vitamins. However, having food items, which are rich in vitamins is a much healthier option. Eating foods rich in vitamins helps your body obtain abundant nutrients as per the requirement of the body. In this manner, you will be able to gain all the required vitamins by eating various types of foods.
Here is a list of the primary vitamins, which are essential for the body, along with the food items where they can be found.
- Vitamins B6 and B12: These vitamins help in proper blood circulation and nerve functioning and can be found in bananas, whole grains, beans, nuts, eggs, pork, fish, chicken, wheat germ and other poultry products.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is an antioxidant and fights free radicals which damage DNA. It also helps in strengthening the body immunity. The best source of vitamin C includes citrus fruits and citrus juices, red and green pepper, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, kale, strawberries and collard greens.
- Calcium: Calcium is very essential for maintaining bone health, bone density and prevents osteoporosis. All dairy products are very rich in calcium. Calcium is also present in legumes and dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and lack of vitamin D may lead to osteoporosis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and several cancers as well. Vitamin D is present in fatty fishes such as tuna and salmon. Major sources of vitamin D are fortified food products such as cereals and milk.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant and helps in eye health. Enough intake of vitamin E can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Foods rich in vitamin E include avocados, vegetable oils like safflower, sunflower, cottonseed, canola and olive oil. It is also found in wheat germ, almonds, sunflower seeds and other nuts.
- Folic acid: The insufficient intake of this vitamin may lead to several birth defects during pregnancy like spina bifida. Deficiency of folic acid may also lead to heart diseases, stroke and cancers. The best food sources of folic acid are leafy vegetables, strawberries, wheat germ, broccoli, asparagus, beans, whole grains and folic acid fortified cereals or breads.
- Iron: Iron prevents iron-deficiency anemia and supports the immune system. The best sources of iron are red meat, clams, egg yolks, fish and chicken. Iron is also found in fortified grains, legumes and cereals.
Vitamins are very essential for the body as they prevent the body from several diseases, which in turn help in healthy functioning of the organs. It is better to eat your vitamins directly, instead of taking vitamin pills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I and my boyfriend had sex on september 14. After that the next month I got my periods even in november and december but in this month which is january. I don't get my periods is there any chances of pregnancy.
Hi. My daughter is 2 months old now. And I'm breastfeeding. Is there a chances of getting pregnant while breastfeeding. How should I induce periods? Please suggest.
2. PCOS affects more than your skin.
3. Medication can help PCOS.
4. It could be a benign tumor- not PCOS
5. PCOS could be caused by the adrenal glands.
6. You can still get pregnant.
7. Bariatric surgery may reverse infertility.
8. Losing weight could help tremendously.
9. You could have sleep apnea.
10. A healthy diet is important.
11. A huge population of women are not diagnosed.
Mam/sir. I Wants to consult that I'm suffering from regular periods from last 4 years. My first Periods starts when I read in class 4.Bur there is no problems. But now a day last 4 years during periods my lower abdomen pains a lot and a lots of blood comes comes out.
Is chances for HIV transmission is low at first instance of penile vaginal intercourse without condom?
Adenomyosis is a condition which occurs when the muscle wall of the uterus is broken by the endometrium lining. You experience pressure in the lower abdomen, menstrual cramps and bloating, before the onset of menstrual periods, resulting in heavy bleeding during the periods. This disorder is not life threatening but is known to cause pain and heavy bleeding.
The symptoms of adenomyosis are severe pain during periods, prolonged periods and pressure in the abdominal area. You may also experience heavy bleeding during the periods and may also experience intense pain. Sex may be very painful as well. The lower abdomen might feel tender and bigger; this occurs when the size of the uterus increases in this particular condition.
The exact cause of this disorder is not yet ascertained. However, certain possible causes could be:
- Congenital Defect: In this case, the condition is known to occur from birth wherein the endometrial tissue grows on the uterine muscle wall during the fetus formation.
- Invasive Growth of Tissues: This is said to occur when endometrial cells invade the uterus lining, leading to adenomyosis. This can also be triggered by a C-section operation.
- Inflammation During Childbirth: During the childbirth process, inflammation may occur in the lining of the uterus leading to this disorder.
In addition to the possible cause, there are certain risk factors which increase the risks of the disorder, such as:
Giving birth to a child
Surgery related to the uterus such as a C-section
Once you reach menopause, this disorder tends to subside. So depending on how close you are to menopause, the treatment is designed accordingly. The various treatments for adenomyosis are –
Anti-inflammatory Medications: If you are nearing menopause, then anti-inflammatory medications will be administered. This helps in reducing pain and the heavy blood flow.
Hormone Medications: Hormone medications such as hormone patches can also help with the bleeding and pain.
Hysterectomy: If the pain turns intense, then the doctor may recommend hysterectomy, a surgery to remove the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, its about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, stabilising your mood. If you feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting nutrition and diet advice out there, you're not alone. It seems that for every expert who tells you a certain food is good for you, you'll find another saying exactly the opposite.
What you can do:
1. learn how your diet affects your mental as well as your physical health
2. set yourself up for success by making changes gradually
3. don't think of food as" off limits"
4. reduce your portion sizes -and fill up with more fruit and veg
5. learn to spot hidden sugar in your food and avoid it
6. differentiate between healthy and unhealthy fats
7. find out how fiber intake can fill you and help lose weight
8. drinking plenty of water and keeping well hydrated
We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Studies have linked eating a typical western diet filled with processed meats, packaged meals, takeout food and sugary snacks with higher rates of depression, stress, bipolar disorders and anxiety. Eating an unhealthy diet may even play role in development if mental health disorders such as alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia or an increased risk of suicide in young people.
Instead if emphasising one nutrient, we need to move to food based recommendations. What we eat should be whole, minimally processed, nutritious food as close to its natural form as possible.
- Eat breakfast and eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Avoid eating late at night
- Cut back on sugar
- Moderation and not feeling stuffed is the key to a healthy diet
- We need a balance of proteins, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals to sustain a healthy body.