Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.Menaka
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.MenakaYour feedback matters!
Sir my brother is suffering from urticaria for past two days he is 9 years old can you sugest us some medicine will this disease cause any serious health problem.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
Hello, I had sex at 2jun 18 at 4 am. And her normal period date is 2 she was started a period on same day at 6 am. But for safety we consult a doctor. A doctor gives her one ipill and some tablet of 30 days. Now 5 july are going on but her periods are not come. What should we do? Is there chances of pregnancy.
My weight is very high. I have taken so many diets from dietician + gym + yoga. But weight loss pace is minor. everyone is shocked aftr dese much efforts. Results r not dere. I think dis is because of pcod. please suggest me something to decrease my weight.
I am suffering from irregular periods. My doctor advice me a hormonal medicine for 10 days after which my periods was supposed to happen. It's now 4 days past and I still have not got periods. Please advise. My last period start date was 12 oct.
I have a itchy skin on both the nipples. I feel like scratching most of the time. I am not a breast feeding women and I am not having any kids yet. Please guide.
I am taking lubigest , folgel plus and asa for conceiving. Can I take homeopathy medicine for loose motion. BIO COMBINATION 8 DIARRHOEA.
We have now reached that time of the year when we all look forward to the festivities and celebrations for Christmas. And, it goes without saying that celebrating Christmas is synonymous with parties, which not only involves a get-together but also unlimited dance, food, and drinks. It is also that time of the year when we all forget our resolution of sticking to a healthy diet. But, why waste your entire year’s efforts when you can balance your efforts and at the same time, enjoy the Christmas week?
Surprised? Well, here are some Christmas party tips that will let you enjoy every bit of it without inviting any troubles related to health.
Prepping up for the Party
The most important thing to remember before the party is that you must not skip meals anticipating the high-calorie food that you would have at the party. Stick to your regular meals and also don’t forego your exercise routine.
- General Tips
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Consume not just water, but other healthy liquids as well.
- Before hitting the party, have a small meal that will make you feel satiated. This will help avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Special Diet Tip: Take juice and tender coconut water as drinks and egg whites, a bowl of soup, fruits, or diet chivda as snacks right before leaving for the party.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass full of buttermilk before leaving for the party. It will keep you satiated and will also help prevent unnecessary bloating after the party.
The Party Day
When you are at the party, make wise choices rather than just gorging on unhealthy and fried snacks. It might seem to be a difficult task, but with a little effort, you can make healthier choices.
- General Tips
- Keep your focus on the dance floor and the party, rather than just focussing on what is being served.
- Refrain from having food items that are deep-fried and choose steamed, boiled, or grilled food items.
- Choose vegetables and lean meat rather than the noxious red meat.
- Have salads without the creamy and fat-laden dressing. If pasta is on the menu, go for pasta in the red sauce rather than the cheesy white sauce, extremely high in calories.
- Keep a check on your portion size by choosing a smaller plate and by sharing your food .
- Special Diet Tip: Try fresh fruits, green veggies, steamed or boiled food items and whole grains.
- Cheat Tip: Keep chewing a gum until you really feel like spitting it out. This will help you keep away from high-calorie fried and processed snacks.
Once the party is over, it is time to detoxify your body and to get back to your original plan. However, it is important to realize that there is no need to have guilty pangs for the food that you had at the party.
- General Tips
- Consume home-made food and limit your intake of oil, salt, and sugar.
- Take green tea, infused water, or just plain water as it will help you to detoxify.
- Eat whole grains and refrain from having processed food or any food item made of refined flour.
- Choose whole fruits over fruit juice.
- Special Diet Tip: Consume idli, poha, upma, or muesli for breakfast, whole grains and fruits for lunch, and dal, soup, curd, and salad for dinner.
- Cheat Tip: Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up, two hours before every meal, and one hour after every meal. It will detoxify your body fast and keep you energetic throughout the day.