Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. B.MenakaYour feedback matters!
Mai sadisuda hu,mujhe ek ladki hai ab doosra bacha 3 saal ke baad chahta hu mujhe kya karna chahiye.
Hello doctor, I am 25 years female. I have PCOD from last 5-6 yrs. I have taken medicine (3 cycles) several Times to regularise my periods. This time it has been 6 months since I got my last period. I have started taking primolut N twice day to get my periods .Is this dosage correct? Should I continue this dose for 5 days?
Sir mera penis only 10 cm hai. Sex ke time yh hard na hoke soft hi rhta hai jis se vagina mai andar ja ni pata hai. Jis se sir bhut critical problem ho gyi hsi. Aur size bi smaller hai. Sir please mujhe iske liye treatment batayain. Jo kuch bi ho. Any tab. Ya cream. Thanks.
I had my mensus on dec 28th aftr that i din get my mensus again so that as per d doctor's sugestion i tuk regestron from 17th to 20th twice a day 3 days over bt stil i din get my mensus yet bt i hav slight bck pain n stomach pain. Kindly answer my question and reduce my stress 4 nt gtng mensus still.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
My wife is 6 months pregnant. From tonight her womb get tight. There is no pain only tightness in womb. Baby is moving. She has gas problem What should I do? Please advise.
On which time have high chances to getting pregnancy of women? I need to know above because we don't want any baby inbnext five years.
Can you tell me medicine to delay my periods for 2-3 days but without any side effects. And from when I should take it. Period cycle is 29-30 days. Patient is a mother and younger baby is 1 year old.
Many people feel hungry throughout the day. They are lethargic until they lay their hands on food. These bouts of hunger go on like a vicious circle and if not resisted it can lead to health issues.
- A high: fiber diet can prevent unnecessary hunger: Your diet should be rich in fiber. Body takes a longer span of time to digest fiber rich food. It also makes you feel full for hours together. Having fiber will keep your bowel movements in control and is therefore healthy. Remember to add extra fiber to your bowl of cereals or salad to keep pangs of hunger at bay.
- Divide one heavy meal into two smaller meals: Eating heavy meals and that too less frequently is really bad for your health. This can make you feel hungry time and again. To control the constant rumbling inside your tummy, you should divide one big meal into two or more smaller meals. For instance, if you were supposed to eat sandwiches, boiled eggs and soup for lunch, you should probably eat sandwiches at noon and eat the soup and eggs any time later in the day.
- Never be a fast eater: Jumping on your food is the worst way of tackling things. Research studies show how a human brain takes more than twenty minutes to tell your body it is full and satisfied. If you don't wish to overeat throughout the day, you must consume your food slowly. This way the brain takes more time in realizing it is full and thus further time in feeling subsequent hunger.
- Drink more glasses of water: Every person should drink around three to four liters of water. Drinking water half an hour after a meal can keep your gustatory concerns in check for long. Water keeps you hydrated, helps in digestion and controls unnecessary hunger.
- Eat a good amount of protein: Protein makes you full in very little time and thus doesn't need to be consumed in great quantities. It will make you feel content for long as your blood sugar levels are in balance through protein consumption. Protein takes time to be digested.
She is 46 year old and she is facing irregular period since two years and she has done all test, that is normal and she last get down in july for one month continuously and she had taken treatment also medicine blood test ultrasound that was normal and nkw she is in pain again like alway happen before mensuration.
My fiance gave me a finger job claiming no fluids on his finger. I am a virgin. Any possibilities of getting pregnant. No semen was ejaculated as he claimed. His finger also din go deep iny vagina. It's been 5 days and should I take an ipill. M very scared. Wat should I do to get my periods if am not pregnant.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.