Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.Laxman
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B.LaxmanYour feedback matters!
My brother, 45 years old is facing the problem of kidney stone for last so many years. It seems that a factory of making stone is inside his kidneys. Although, every time, stone comes out itself if patient takes plenty of water continuously 12-24 hours and maintains a water pressure over there. Some time, pain is to be faced & few times, no pain is there. Ultrasound reports tell lie some times and no stone is visible in the system but stone comes out. What to do?
I am suffering from a very high creatinine level, shall I eat the Dr. prescribed medicines or try homeopathy, which will give me better results?
I m 26 yrs, 51 weight, 5'9 feet. There is no any day when I don't face cloudy urine, In noon when I go for urination Last drops are cloudy & urination takes long time to be completed, I try to unzip then I again realize that drops are coming out. What to do?
Recently I have diagnosed with gall stone and doctor suggest for operation. I have to go for urine frequently. Is this because of gall stone?
My friend has burning sensation when she goes for Urine. What is the solution to get rid of this Pls. She is 29 years old.
I am suffering from acne near to anus with sever itching and causing very discomfort. Suggest me suitable remedy please.
I am 15 years old, now a days my urine is very dark and my body aches especially my back, neck, legs and shoulders. I have also have pain in my throat, ears, eyes and head. I also feel very tired after enough rest and sleep.Please tell sir .
Recently had a urine test, the report came out with this bacteria ,mucus present and trace of protein what does it mean? Do m having uti? I am 7 month preg.
Early kidney disease does not have definite signs and symptoms. Getting tested is the best way to detect how your kidneys are functioning. It is important for you to get checked for early kidney disease if you carry high-risk factors including diabetes, high blood pressure or a family history of kidney problems. Early detection of kidney disease can help slow down its progress and even reverse the damage. Here’s a quick guide to the tests that are used to measure your kidney function:
- Blood Tests:
- Serum Creatinine: Creatinine is a waste product that is excreted because of normal wear and tear in the muscles of your body. If creatinine levels are greater than 1.2, it may be a warning sign that your kidneys are not functioning properly.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): How well is your kidney removing wastes and excess fluid from your body? The GFR is a mathematical calculation of kidney function and the lower the GFR, the lower the kidney function. A normal GFR is 90 or above.
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN): The breakdown of protein in the foods you eat is computed by the urea nitrogen value in your blood. A higher BUN value means the kidney is not working right. A normal BUN level is between 7 and 20.
- Imaging Tests:
- Ultrasound: In order to detect any abnormalities in the size or position of the kidneys, an ultrasound can be done as it would give a much clearer picture
- CT Scan: Any structural abnormalities and presence of obstructions need to be examined as well.
- Kidney Biopsy: A thin needle is used to make a small incision in the kidney for microscopic examination. It is done to identify the cause of the disease and assess the amount of damage. This test is needed to select the best treatment option for the patient and know how quickly the disease is progressing.
- Urine Tests:
- Urinalysis: Microscopic examination of the urine is done or a dipstick test can also be done to detect the presence of any abnormalities like excess protein, blood, bacteria, pus or sugar.
- Urine Protein: An excess amount of protein in the urine is called as proteinuria and used to measure the levels of protein.
- Microalbuminuria: A more sensitive dipstick test to detect tiny amounts of a protein called albumin in the urine. This is done for patients with diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Creatinine Clearance: Comparison of the creatinine levels in the blood and urine is done to show how much of waste the kidney is filtering out.
Be well-informed of all the diagnosis that can be done for kidney disease. Prevention is better than cure, so get your kidneys tested periodically to stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!