Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B JanakiYour feedback matters!
Mood swings right after the birth of a baby are quite common. Though these are the least severe variants of post-partum depression, it is crucial not to ignore the changes that are taking place in your body. Most women feel perplexed about what they can do to combat the sadness that has taken over after a joyous and happy event of welcoming a new bundle of joy into the family. About 70 to 80% of new mothers go through some kind of negative feelings and sudden bouts of depression and sadness after the birth of a child.
Symptoms of baby blues
Often, the symptoms of baby blues hit forcibly within four to five days of childbirth, though in some cases they can occur even earlier, depending on how the birthing process went. Some of the most common symptoms of post-partum anxiety include impatience and irritability, sudden urge for weeping, restlessness, fatigue and stress and a lack of concentration along with mood changes and insomnia, even when the baby is fast asleep.
How to combat the symptoms
You will be able to deal with this post-partum phase by taking a good care of yourself. You can take several measure to make yourself feel at ease, particularly when you are faced with the worst bouts of baby blues. You can speak with someone you trust regarding how you feel and what you feel like doing. It is crucial to maintain a well regulated diet, and though this is always important, having a baby increases the probability of causing mood swings.
You can also maintain a journal to note down your feelings and emotions, as it helps in venting out negative thoughts. You can go outside and enjoy some fresh air and enjoy the life that exists beyond your new routine of feeding, changing diapers and caring for the newborn. Sometimes, being exposed to a different view can make a great difference. You should not pressurise yourself for achieving perfection for the first few weeks. Slowly, things would fall in place and before you know it, you will have adjusted yourself to the new routine.
It is crucial to bear in mind that you are not alone with your thoughts and feelings as these things are faced by mothers across the world. But it is vital to note here that if your indications don’t seem to subside even after a few weeks, it can be a sign of a more serious health issue and you may need to be diagnosed by an expert.
Hi. Actually I have problem regarding my periods. Coz I had my last period date 29th may & on 13 &15 had unprotected intercourse so is it possible to be pregnant as I have abdomen pain as occurs in periods bt no periods seen as it almost 5 days delay of periods. Suggest me please as m too panic.
Hello doctors. Is there any natural mean by whom I can ovulate naturally and get pregnant. My doctor said i am not ovulating my follicles are only 14 mm on day 16th.
I' am 32 years old. I am not married yet. I am going to do that within 1 year. After marriage will it be troublesome to have a baby? If it is not then how many years we can wait? Or we have to take a baby immediately? Need to say that I had to abortion a few years ago and my would be husband 5 years younger than me and I am physically fit and slim. Answer please.
I just want to know how much Rh factor is important for child birth. Can a husband having B blood group and wife having A- blood group. Kindly tell me what complications can arise during Pregnancy and child and wife face any problem kindly Solve Respected Doctors.
My wife was operated for hysto laparoscopy a year back now we are planning to have a baby but she was not able to conceive from past 6 months, and her periods are regular. Now we have diagnosed her and doctor says there is again a growth of cyst in one of her ovary. As well I have checked my semen and report says I have less sperm motility and density rest of it is normal, I was addicted to tobacco is that the reason of less sperm motility. Please help me for 2 things: 1. How can my wife be treated for growing cyst or is that normal. 2. How can I increase sperm motility and density 3. While giving sperm for test I was a bit nervous and in stress and was not able to get sperm properly or as desired, could that be the reason for less sperm motility and density. And any other tips for conceiving.
I am facing brown blood on my first day of my periods. May I know the reason I am scared about this.
She is having periods once in 3 months or 2 months. Is there any problem in her or is it natural. Will it affect her future during pregnancy? Please help. She's frustrated about her condition.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
It helps reduce your blood pressure: kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
Relieves headache and cramps: the dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
Fights cavities: the saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
Helps by releasing your happy hormones: kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
Burn calories: does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? no. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
Boosts your self-esteem: research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
Tones the muscles of your face: kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
Check out the compatibility with your partner: kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution
Please get a PAP Smear done before starting local estrogen and keep a follow up with your doctor.
It's been 5months that I lost my virginity. But I haven't orgasmed yet. Sometimes it gets painful. Why is it happening with me?
Madam, My wife got at 23.12. 2015 after that she doesn't get any periods till now. What is the problem. What was the resolution.
Plz Can you tell me how many days after sex we can sure my wife is pregnant or not by help of urine test in preganews pregnancy test kit? please tell me the minimum days after sex she check her pregnancy.
I am 30 year old women. I have 7th month pregnancy, but my belly is small, not looking like 7th month pregnancy, is any problem with this?
I have tenderness in breasts when close to ovulation and prior to periods. It is painful also. I have conducted mammography before 2 years and doctors said I have harmless fibroid in my case how frequently should I take up mammography test and can the fibroids be removed. Just getting concerned as age passes by. I am 37 now.
Sir I am 28 years female unmarried .My periods cycle is 28 days but since few months I use to suffer less bleeding during periods. Last only for 2 days. Once I use to take allergy medicine as I was suffering from maxillary sinus. Apart from that sometimes I use to have vaginal discharge .So I am worried .Thank you.
1. Is Water Lumps in Breast required urgent operation? 2. How much days Rest is required? 3.Is it Big operation or normal? 4. Can it be cure through Medicine (Tablets & Capsule or any other) or Operation is must?
Hi Dr. My period date is 24 .from 2 .3 months my period cum early 7 8 dayd so I take homeopathic medicine .i m also trying fr baby. Nw its 21 st morning I feel like period bt lil light pink n brown colour lil discharge come bt after dat white discharge what is it is I am pregnant or other problem .plzz help today also I feel like .i have pain also right side some time.
- Eating jackfruit puts an extra calories and extra weight.
- If there is such question in your mind then you should clear your doubt because eating jackfruit is much healthy.
- The flesh of fruit and even its seeds tends to be delicious and healthy.
- They are rich source of nutrients that are required to maintain healthy skin and even cardiovascular system.
- Jackfruit is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin b6 content in jackfruit fulfills about 25% of our daily requirement.
- The fat content of jackfruit is very low at just about 0.64 grams.
- Though water is not a nutrient, it is important to mention that jackfruit is made up 80% of water.
- Jackfruit contains a high amount of carbohydrate and calorie that provides energy instantly.
- It is rich in antioxidants that protect from cancer, aging and degenerative disease.
- Due to rich antioxidants, it is good for eyesight and protect from conditions like cataract and macular degeneration.
- It is a good source of potassium that maintains fluid and electrolyte level in balance. Also, it improves bone and skin health.
Sometimes when a person has too much on their plate, they are left feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Here are a few ways in which you can manage being overwhelmed and return to a place of control, contentment and relaxation.
- Venture out: Trying to work and get your tasks done despite your confusion and feeling of helplessness will not lead you anywhere. You need to step away to have the capacity to see your conditions from a new point of view. Move to an alternate room, get up from your work area, sit on a different couch, go out for a walk or go sit at a bistro. Venturing out from the present circumstance and changing your physical surroundings will help you gain clarity, and move you far from the overwhelming perspective. This is when you can see the solution more clearly.
- Vent it out: When you are occupied, it is very easy to lose any feeling and sense of priority and the panic makes everything seem urgent. In reality, there will be things that may require your consideration for a brief span. Hence, the key thing is to have clarity and gain visibility on what you are managing. Attempt a "mind download", where you record everything, with the goal that you can figure out what is obstructing your brain and its functioning.
- Requesting help and allowing help: You would be surprised at what number of individuals will offer assistance. Usually, our limited thinking is because we become a problem for ourselves as we disallow others to help us. Sometimes we also think they will say no, thus we do not ask for help. Simply try it out. Request help, and get ready to be surprised at the generosity you might get from others.
- Phase out noise: When we feel overwhelmed, it feels soothing to do something to loosen up and relax, such as watching the TV, listening to music, watching the news or playing a game. What we overlook during this time is that the additional data that comes in clutters our mind that further tangles our already overwhelmed senses.
- Make continuous improvements: Concentrate on one area at a time. Question yourself: what kind of change would be good for you? Concentrate on little, easy-to-do portions, not an instant upgrade. Say, your employment. Experiment with ten minutes of a sustaining pace. Appreciate how that feels. At that point expand on it. Check whether your well being moves forward. Try to feel positive energy in the bargain.
Treat the sentiment of overwhelming nervousness as a companion, for it is an indicator telling us that we have to slow down. It tells us to readjust our centre of focus and prioritise something else that makes us feel positive and better.