Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ayesha Khaliq
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ayesha KhaliqYour feedback matters!
As a society, if a couple is not able to have children, it is considered a major issue. The couple could be looked at and treated differently and so they look at various options to conceive. One of them is in-vitro fertilization or IVF, and with advances in medical technology, the success rates have risen significantly. However, there are a group of infertile couples who still do not seem to be convinced about IVF as “the” solution for infertility.
Read on to know some of the causes.
- Complexity of the condition: There are various aspects that need to be aligned for a pregnancy to happen, and the medical world is yet to have all the answers in place. The doctors too sometimes may be at a loss to explain why the couple has failed to conceive. This makes it difficult as there is no clear answer.
- Communication: While there are some doctors who would take as much time as needed to explain the process, what to expect, etc., there may be others who just give it a briefing and expect the couple to follow the instructions. This can be very difficult for the couple who may not know the reason why some things are done the way they are. The medical and emotional changes that a couple goes through also need to be monitored and supported by the medical team for a successful pregnancy.
- Complications: Despite the best efforts of the medical team, complications such as twin or multiple pregnancies, miscarriages, and congenital anomalies, are common and may not have a clear answer as to why.
- Success rates: Again, IVF does not have a 100% success rate yet. There could be a loss of pregnancy after the first few weeks, which again may be difficult to explain, making couples sceptical about it.
- Economics: As IVF is not a cheap option and insurance does not cover it, there are a lot of people who cannot afford it. This also adds to the scepticism. There is also another group who look at IVF clinics as mere business managers and not medical support teams.
- Risk on the mother: The mother is put through various medications, including high amounts of hormones. The sceptics see this as unfair and feel there should be a more natural way to help the infertile couple. These medications take a toll on the mother’s health. Also, a lot of IVF pregnancies result in multiple pregnancies, often twins, which is another load on the mother.
So, though IVF is helping a lot of couples, some definitely have their doubts about the process. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Sir, Meri wedding Ko almost 1 year ho gaya hai, But during this we had safe physical relation, Now we want a child, recently humne 2-3 bar relation banaye hai but didn't get positive response, Please tell me the best time to make physical relation, and make her pregnant.
I got pregnant on november 29, and now I want to abort this baby. The baby age is 94 days approx. Can I take any pill for abort this baby? Or go for a hospital? And if I go for a hospital how much Time to take abort this baby .Plz help me .Bcoz I am unmarried. Yesterday's I done my usg. And now the Dr. Tell me that my baby is too big how is this possible? And he trapped me and told me that if I go for abortion then the Dr. Give a medicine and take my sense for 1 day for this abortion, why it is happened? My sister also doing this abortion from hospital and she take only 30 mint to clear it. And she complete 4 months of baby age and she has no pain at all .plz help me.
Hi, my name is Ruchika Verma, aged 37 years and suffering from severe depression with hallucinations since past 2 yrs. Though now I am normal and fine. Actually my periods has stopped and it's almost 12 months now that my periods have stopped. My psychiatrist says that it's because of medicine Sizodon forte and there is no need to worry. I just want to ask that is it normal or do I have to visit any gynaecologist. My doctor says that when you will stop Sizodon forte, your periods will start and you will be normal and fine. Kindly answer my query as I am worried about it. Regards Ruchika.
I got married 4 months back and we are trying for baby for last 2 months. My wife's was always in 29 or 30 day cycle. She always had proper period. Last month her period lasts till 36th day (First month when we tried for baby) and she had bleeding for 5 days. This month she got her bleeding on 28th day itself but she gets only dark brown blood around 2 days. My wife says that this month bleeding is less when compared to her normal bleeding. She used around 2 pads. Not sure whether its her period or not. What could be the reason for only brown blood discharge? Do we need to take this seriously?
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
Hello doctor. I am 30 years old and 56 kg in weight. I delivered my baby in 1st july but due to congenital heart problem he was no more.in next month doc diagnosed a ovarian cyst of 30 mm and prescribed me diane 35 for its treatment. My periods remained regular for two months and it gt irregular after two months so I stopped taking diane 35. I have bleeding in between periods, stomach pains and white discharge too .and When I go for check up. Doc diagnosed endometrial polyp, multi cystic ovaries and P.I.D.now I wanted to know its causes and treatment. Can it be treated medically or have to remove surgically. Can it create problem in conceiving for next pregnancy? Please guide me .i can also send my reports if you needed.
Usg report says pcod with low volume ovary rest normal It also said post void residual urine 105MUL Prevoid residual urine 75MUL What is the. Reason behind this? Can STD be the cause? Can STD occur if both person does not have any sexual partner before and condom has been used while making out? If another person only had oral sex for 1-2 mins with a virgin girl before does it mean that person has std?
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!