Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AswiniYour feedback matters!
I just have a doubt that, previously a doctor suggested me that, to have sex from 10 day of menstrual cycle till 20th day. After 20th day should we stop having sex or what please give me a clarification.
My wife is pregnant 12 week Normally 4th to 6 the month are safe for sex So I want to know, in this sex moment sperm going in her vagina is better or not for normal delivery? Or there is any problems with sperm and womb connection? Or using condom better for normal delivery? (Before 5 month we lost our 6 week baby due to normal reason)
Never eat if you are not feeling hungry (exceptions in case of health/mind concerns), this is a solid cardinal mantra in monsoons. Doing so results in indigestion problems and illness. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
The damp and filthy conditions in monsoon plays a host for many disease causing germs, which cause some serious health attacks like dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, diarrhea and dysentery. If your immune system is weak you are supposed to catch these diseases instantly. To maintain healthy diet and protect you from such ill causes during the rainy season these countermeasures have to be taken.
-eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
-avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
-have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
-eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
-foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
-body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
-drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
-vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
-eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
-have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
-avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
-always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Have a safe & joyful monsoon
Dr sangita malhotra
President of sbogs
Shared via the fit indian
I am married 26 years. I'm patient of hypothyroidism since 7 years but it uncontrol after my delivery my baby is 3 months and i'm gaining weight and my tummy become fat due to hypothyroidism please help me.
Hi Dr. I give birth of a baby on 23 nov n delivery was normal. Bleeding was continue at least one month uske baad beech m kuchh dino k lye stop thi bhut kam na k baraabr. Bt abhi last 3 days se jada start ho gyi. Has period started? For every month?
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to" re-parent" themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like" I am too fat for anybody to want to date" I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say" or" people never seem to understand me"
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as" I am perfectly lovable just as I am" and" I welcome love, friendship and support into my life"
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com are an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
I am 9 th month pregnant. Itching on my hands and legs. After applying olive oil feeling better. Is there any problem by this itching.
The World Health Organisation recommends 150 minutes of any moderate physical activity per week for individuals aged between 18-64 years of age. Physical activities like yoga or gymming are high on the priority list of every health-conscious individual. Yoga may keep you younger, while gymming on the other hand, may help in keeping you stronger. Both these methods are loaded with equal benefits, which might make it tough for you to choose either one of them.
Read on to find out what works best for yourself.
1. If you want to lose weight…Hit the gym!
Intensive training or cardio-vascular exercises are particularly effective in shedding extra kilos as they keep your heart pumping fast, while also burning your calories. A single gymming session can be helpful in burning up to 3,500 calories in your body, which is equal to losing half a kilo of weight.
If you weigh 68-70kgs, a 30-minute yoga regime can help you burn about 85 calories, whereas if you perform a moderate-intensity exercise routine of 30 minutes on an elliptical trainer may end up burning up to 340 calories.
2. If you want to gain strength…Hit the gym!
Pull-up bars, barbells and other gym equipment are especially designed to build your physical strength. Gym training requires muscle contractions and stretching, and if you perform them regularly, your muscles contract more efficiently and for a longer time without injuring your tendons. This also helps in increasing your endurance and energy levels, while building stamina.
3. If you want to gain composure and balance…Practice yoga!
Yoga comprises of sets of meditative postures or asanas that can help in relaxing your tired muscles and mind. Unlike most exercise routines, yoga focuses more on achieving harmony of the mind, body and spirit rather than just giving you a fitter frame. Regular yoga practice can alter your body’s physical and emotional response to stress, anxiety, depression, and hypertension.
4. If you want to be flexible…Practice yoga!
Inflexibility in your muscles and connective tissues can cause poor posture in your body, resulting in various aches and pains. Yoga can increase your flexibility by loosening stiff muscles, which can eventually result in the disappearance of all bodily aches and pains. The contraction and stretching of muscles in yoga asanas help in improving the functions of your immune system as well. It also helps the lymphatic system of your body fight infections, destroy cancerous cells, and dispose of toxic waste products, thereby keeping you fit and healthy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I'm 3 and half months pregnant. Is having sex safe at this time. And if its safe should we use condoms or is it k without using condoms to have sex.
Sir my girl friend is having periods now n lot of stomach pain is their now. One of her friend gave her the Meftal-Spas tablet is it safe to take.
I am 20 years female I have sex problem of one years. At sex time I can't more enjoy please resole l.
Hi am 23 Years old. Having pcod problem taking krimson 35. Now I completed 21 days of tablets. When can I expect my periods? But I have spotting and light red discharge for past 7 days is this normal? please help me out.
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.