Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwin Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin ReddyYour feedback matters!
My niece is just 4 months old. At times she screams loud. What's the reason for her impatience at such small age.
My 3 an Half Year old daughter won't talk to class teacher even she didn't write what ever teacher write on blackboard. Which is making problem to the teacher? Outside of school she is write, talk to others. At home she do her homework but most times we have to say many times for it to write but its ok as she is just 3. Presently many times she became angry and started shouting or speaking loudly and not listening to us. What should we be doing now so that when she go to school she can be more open to speak up? Like to present some speech in front of many students of her same age. As I saw other child doing best as they give speech 2-3 lines on mic in front of class but mine just standing silently. What to do? How we come to make her talk in class and all I hope you would understand what I mean to saw? Please help.
Constipation in children is a common pediatric health issue mostly arising due to early toilet training and having an inadequate diet. Most cases of this condition do not last for long and can be easily treated.
Constipation in children is mainly caused by the following factors:
- Lack of fiber content in their diet caused due to an aversion to veggies, often result in constipation in children.
- Withholding stool: Your child may be holding his bowel movements in because of stress with toilet training. This maybe because he/she doesn't want to defecate in the school bathroom or in other places. Often if it hurts to poop once, the child might withhold his bowel movements and this leads to a vicious cycle.
- Side effects of certain medications.
- In rare cases, children facing abuse may develop constipation.
You will know your child has constipation if the following occurs:
- Your child spends a lot of time while defecating
- Your child complains of difficulty with bowel movement
- Bloating and stomach pain
- Soiling accidents
A combination of the following approaches helps in treating constipation in children:
- See to it that your child eats all his vegetables and fruits. Include more fibrous vegetables and fruits in the diet. Include food containing probiotics like yoghurt.
- Use a stool softener: While using a stool softener the most common mistake is to apply too much or too little amount of the concoction. Carefully use the right amount of stool softener for relieving your child of constipation.
- Ensure that your child has a lot of fluids in his/her diet. Fluids help to hydrate the body and lubricate the digestive system.
- Look into the fact that you child has regular toilet hours. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi my baby is 1 year 7 month I left breast feed at 1 year 6 month. Back 3 days she suddenly vomited at afternoon then she start to vomit continue on that day then I showed doctor he told light fever is there then gave omit medicine then it stopped after 2nd day yesterday she stated to do motion 5to 6 times then today she passed motion 4, times and at night again she omitted let me know any solution why she is vomiting and motion whether she get new teeth so may be? Reply urgent please.
My baby born on 27th July, today is the 6th day, still baby is in nicu, the baby breath supported by ventilator. First three days was in machine support. Then they have reduced now 50%. I'm confused totally. My baby weight is 2 kg. 33 weeks completed. I don't know when will my baby come to my hand? My breast milk production also started. The baby was taken by cesarian. Kindly give the solution for my problem.
Hello Doctor, I am 24 year, my baby is about a month & I stated feeding but after a month my left side breasts nipple is very paining every time he sucks for milk and after that also he remains pain. And as right breast is not so pain. When I do small massage around the nipple it feels so relax but after feeding paint starts. 2) at the time of feeding I also feels very thirsty? Why it is cause of that? Please help me out doctor.
Patient often asks me why it is important to walk bare feet? In reply to this I always ask them one question, how many times they walk bare feet? Even in home we walk with slippers or footwears. Are we not deliberately disconnecting ourslef with earth? We all know earth has gravity due to which we are stick to the land. On the period when moon size grows from the amavasya (new moon), moon also pulls up as it has gravity too. Tides in oceans are on high. At that time when moon starts growing in size, we must try to walk bare feet so that effect of moon's upward pull or gravity has negligible effect on body. We must connect ourselves to the earth as we are earth beings. Walking bare feet even for shorter duration from new moon day to next full moon day has good effect on body.