Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin M. ShahYour feedback matters!
If I smoke cigarettes, marijuana and other form of smoking, what are the chances of getting lung cancer? How can I quit smoking? 13 ANSWERS ￼Ben Ferguson, lung cancer graduate student and research scientist 21k Views • Upvoted by Laszlo B. Tamas, Neurosurgeon with ties to the Bay area and Silicon Valley.
Hi doctor, my grandfather is 60 years old and he was diagnosed and found that he is suffering from mouth cancer. Is it curable? are there any risk after operation?
What are the symptoms of cancer and how can we understood about the cancer and cancer related treatments.
Actually i had a throat infection and while that I had consumed some alcohol and now I having dry thorat and a mild pain near my glands and irritation and its almost more than week I am having this issue so I am afraid that can it be cancer.
What are the symptoms of cancer how often it can cause because of smoking m suffering from heavy cough is that the symptoms?
How could blood cancer can be cured, if it is incurable by researching by the researchers or the doctors?
My weight is 80 kg. My height is 6ft. My age is 23. My question is. What are the test to detect the adrenal gland cancer in the body. Please answer.
I took a blood test 2 days back and got the report and it says lymphocytes is low that is 16.9% am I have to check the cancer test or how to increase the level to 20 please suggest me.
What is the difference between malignant tumor and benign tumor and a cyst forming in the jaw is harmful to what extent and can be identified as benign or malignant and what is the diagnosis in each case?
I'm get two times for seizures In the mid night. One is three years back. Consulting the doctor using 3 months medicines. And now recently is got another one. Mid night time. Same I'm consulted again he was told that continue using medicine for life long I am using Levi pill 500mg tablets. Every day night. In scanning reports a small rounded non enhancing lesion with peripheral hyper dense rim with few tiny calcification and central heterogeneous Isodense area of 8mm noted in the right frontal cortical region with minimal perilesional edema -s/o likely healing granuloma rest of all OK normal.
Doctor. My mother have breast cancer. 20 days before we have operated and removed one breast. That was type 1a cancer. Now they prefer to do hormone therapy. Is it really correct treatment. If it is correct. Wat ll be the side effects of harmone therapy.
After the operation of brain cancer, there is any chance of further occurrence of brain cancer in same region again.
Is it possible that my friend is suffering from epithelial malignancy will be cured when chemo is going on after radiation.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.