Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwin M. Shah
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin M. ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir/ma'm I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer march, last year. I completed my chemotherapy & radiation in November last year. Now I am taking tamoxifen daily doses. But, I am having constipation & blood in my stool now-a-days. And it pains while applying pressure. I eat oats, vegetables including beetroot, carrot. please suggest me, whether I should take any medicine for it, or anything else.
What tests are to be done to check on Breast health, especially to detect if the breast is free from breast cancer.
One of my aunty Suffering from Cancer Aged about 68 .Underwent surgery DI and now doctors recommending for radiation treatment I would required Suggestion is there any thing through diet can it be controlled please.
Sir I'd a buccal carcinoma operation in feb 2015. I was advised for radiotherapy by my oncologist but after going through the biopsy report the radiology doctor said it is not required if I insist then only he will give radiation. So I didn't go for radiotherapy. But now for last few months I find a lots of white fungus like things in the reconstructed cheek which I used to clean every day and very next day I found the same in plenty. Please suggest what should I do. I can't attach the snap.
Cancer is increasing in prevalence with improved detection and diagnostic techniques so prolonging the life and improving the quality of life.It has been observed to be affecting more of younger age groups so can have a lethal effect of the future fertility by destruction of their gametes (sperm or eggs). As doctor we feel need of spreading awareness at multidisciplinary level regarding preservation of future fertility which needs counseling and guidance at preliminary stages only before the damage happens.
- Oocyte/Egg cryopreservation
- Sperm Cryopreservation
- Embryo freezing
Method will vary as per the clinical status
Egg freezing means removing mature eggs and freezing them for later. This process may also be called egg banking . Its done in cancer patients preferably before exposure to chemo and radiotherapy.Its same like an IVF cycle except that embryos are not formed.Here medications are given to stimulate the development of multiple follicles in the ovaries.
Type of cancer can also decide the protocols.
Besides there are now more patient friendly mild stimulation protocol especially in estrogen sensitive cancers
The eggs are retrieved from the patient using a transvaginal technique under anesthesia and are kept frozen for future use by a method called vitrification.
Frozen eggs can be kept frozen for years(5 years as per ICMR but not specified for cancer cases) till the woman decides to use them for conception and once the patient is ready to get pregnant, the eggs are thawed and then fertilized using ICSI, an assisted reproductive technology that injects one sperm directly into the egg. The embryos (fertilized eggs) will then be transferred into the woman’s uterus (womb) in order to achieve a pregnancy.
It has the highest success rate compared to any other treatment. Its like normal IVF when eggs are retrieved and mixed with sperms. Once fertilized, the embryos (fertilized eggs) grow in the laboratory for 3-5 days until they are suitable for freezing.
Sperm Freezing is an effective and simplest way for men who have gone through puberty to store sperm for future use. Many men can store sperm (either from natural ejaculate or from a TESA sample
Hello sir can you tell me the side effects of radiation therapy in cancer treatment. Also I want to know that what prevention should I am take to control my hair fall. How can I get healthy and thick hair. please tell me sir.
I am 64 years old male .Underwent radical prostatectomy 10 years back. After a year had to undergo radiation .Was cancer free for 6 years then the PSA started rising and hence was put on Zolodex 10.8 .Remained free then again after 2 years was put again on Zolodex. During this period of hormonal therapy, the PSA again showed n upward trend and thus had to undergo External beam Radiotherapy again as there was PSMA Expressing aortocaval lymph node. What are the chances of the cancer appearing again in future? Would I die because of this?
My father got prostate operation hole/turp on 14 Dec 16, and catheter removed on 20 Dec 16, after that he is getting urine with in half an hour to one hour, how many days it will take to cure this problem. Whether should he eat everything? In the night times if he takes less water than also he is going to urine for 5 times, he is 72 years old, pls suggest me what to do.
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!