Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Vardhan ReddyYour feedback matters!
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.
My mother is constantly suffering pain in her left leg. The pain started when we weng to our relative house and there were steps so whenso ever she used to take stair her sole of only one that is left foot started to pain and now the pain is has been spread throughout her left leg.
Sir, I aged 39. I am suffering from severe pain and radiation on hips and thighs while sitting for more than 20 min. I have this problem for 8 yrs. Lumbar nerve root compression is the reason. Sir would you suggest me the best treatment to get rid off pain and radiation it permanently?
Stiffness and pain in the back, lumber is regular feature even after doing yoga regularly. Why should it happen?
I have problem in hand it's paining from inside from 2 to 3 days and also feeling fever and cough and cold. Please help.
Ozone in pivd/slipped disc
In case of prolapsed inter-vertebral disc (or, slipped disc) different other mechanism acts. Inter-vertebral disc is filled with nucleus pulposus which is a jelly like material which holds water (90% of disc material is water). When ozone is injected into the disc the proteo-glycan bridges in the jelly-like material are broken down and they no longer capable of holding water. As a result disc shrinks and mummified which is equivalent to surgical discectomy and so the procedure is called ozone discectomy or ozonucleolysis. It has been published in anesthesia and pain journals that up to 85% of disc operation can be avoided with these non-surgical interventions. Success rate is about 88% which is comparable to surgical discectomy (50% to 90%). Complications are remarkably low and much less than surgery.
Minimally invasive procedure using small needle and probe to remove disc material of prolapsed disc, releasing pressure on nerves and relieving pain in most of the patients of prolapsed / bulging / slipped disc.
Rotating probe is inserted through needle into the disc under x-ray/ fluoroscopic guidance
Rotating tip removes small portion of disc material. Because only enough of the disc is removed to reduce pressure inside the disc, the spine remains stable
Insertion site covered with bandage. Recovery is fast as unlike surgical decompression no bone or muscle is cut. 2-3 days of bed rest and may return to normal activity within one week.
Ipsc india has been pioneer in ozone discectomy or ozonucleolysis for slipped disc or prolapsed disc. We have treated thousands of patients not only from across india but also international patients from usa, uk, nigeria, afghanistan, iraq, bangladesh, nepal and saudi arabia. We have the original, closed circuit-self calibration ozone machine, imported from italy.