Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar KYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from migraine since childhood few months back I was suffering from severe full headache n I visited a neuro physician he recommended me to have naproxen tablet whenever I have headache but you do that I have gained weight so I have stopped taking it. Can someone suggest me a pill which I can take when I get a migraine attack and does not gain weight?
My age is 24. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I am having many problems in my body like bones and muscle pain in whole body. Numbness and tingling jn hands and feet in increasing frequency. Abdominal pain. Excessive and rapid and new hair growth in whole body. Chest and belly fat enlargement too much. Even in eyebrows hair dense too. Let me tell you I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. But 1 year before I realized that I do not have beard except moustache and chin why. So I search that its due to low testosterone. So I left masturbation but 2 month after leaving it I started facing problems. But I do not know whether it is due to masturbation or any other reason. No doctor is able to detect it .i had my cervical x ray it shows C2 and C3 segmentation incomplete. My abdominal ct with contrast shows right renal calculi of 3 mm. My vitamin b12 is 185pg/ml. My vitamin d is reducing day by day. I do not know why. I used to be in sunlight. Never faced problem like this .earlier it was 140 .now it is 70. A bad smell comes from my urine. Very bad. My right testis measure 2.5*1.6 cms and left 2.5*1.5 cms.i am also noticing reduction in testis size. Earlier they were large. .why my numbness and tingling is increasing. I already left masturbation 1 year ago .my problems are getting worse please help.
Dear Sir/madam. I am suffering from migraine. Every day I use to get severe Headache. Really intolerable. I will not be able to listen to any sound when I am suffering from headache. Many of them say that there is no cure for migraine. Can you please suggest if any medicine or any other formula to control it. Usually I use to get either right side r left side. Please reply me. And provide your valuable suggestions to me so that I can be out of migraine. Thank you.
I have really strong migraine, for the last two days. I also experience lack of balance and diarrhea.
I have problem of insomnia since last 20 years I have taken all medicine of b group, my age is 41 years also problem of epilepsy took valparin crorno 200 mg but this is under control but sleepless night tell me what I do?
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.
My brother was suffering from a headache for about 3 years now, his eyes we're starting to blur, he undergo CT scan bit the result was negative from any brain related illness neither brain tumor.
I am suffering for migraine . During the headache which medicine I take to stop headache? What are the causes of migraine?
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
My father is 74 years old and was diagnosed with acute stroke - RT thalamic Infarct, HTN, Hyperhomocysteine. He has complained of feeling akin to pin and needles in his left hand, there was swelling on his left cheek. He is all right now but what I would like to know a) though the Dr. has informed that it was a very mild stroke but at any time were there any chances of paralytic attack b) What is Cognistar 60 mg (IV) injection used for, Dr. has advised my father to get these injections once a day for five days, which we have done - but what I would like to know what are they used for I just wanted a second opinion.
Sir I am 34 years female having numbness of both hands and feet since 3 days. I have done my whole body checkup that is normal. Sugar bp are normal. I am taking rupatidine 10 mg for 4 days. Is this a side effect of rupatidine or anything else.
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.