Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
My left ear seems like blocked since 10 days doctor advised to use dexoren s ear drop but it dint work what to do.
Hello I am 24 years and have an eye sight of -4.25 short sight and these days I am getting headache due to sinuses. So please suggests me a solution.
Hi Sir I am 25 years old male I was feeling easily tired and dizziness and numbness in my feet, I went for medical examination the reports revealed I was suffering with thyroid Total T3= 1.68 total t4= 7.50 Tsh=6.09 I was suggest to take thyrox 25 mg I ha ve taken the medicine since last two month and after test my tsh was 27.05 I was suggested to take thyronorm 75 still after a month I don't see any improvement my depression levels are becoming worse getting easily angry feeling tired and drowsy kindly help me. Dr. are my tsh levels getting worse are better after medication.
In morning my ears get blocked and heavy. Can I do exercise by taking deep breath and making pressure by closing ear mouth and eyes. please tell other remedy too.
I am having ablation in throat since last 2 days it feels like something ruptured inside it please prescribe me the cure for it
My wife is suffering from tonsils, she feels difficulty in swallowing! Its been 8-10 daysWe have consulted doctor and have taken medicine as advised, pl guide! It getting tougher for her!
Am in hearing loss from past 4 years and before 3 years I dis operation in ma nose then ma hearing was getting better but within next six moth it has been changed entirely. Now I consulted end doctor and he asked me to replace the bone called step which is in middle ear. Will this useful to me. What if not did this and such a hearing loss happened to me Thank you.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.