Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshokYour feedback matters!
Cleft lip and palate repair surgery is a surgical procedure, which is used to fix problems of the upper lip and palate. A cleft may be a small patch on the lip or a complete furrow that extends all the way to the lower part of the nose. A child usually has one or both of these conditions at birth. This is a serious birth defect and can only be corrected with specialized plastic surgery techniques.
Why it is needed?
Cleft lip and palate surgery is necessary to correct abnormal development of upper lip in a child and to restore a normal appearance and function. The surgery can improve the child's ability to speak, hear and eat. In most cases the surgery is done when the child is between nine months to 1 year old, so as to allow the palate to change along with the growth of the baby.
Steps to be taken before the procedure
A therapist needs to be consulted before the surgery, as the therapist would analyze the best way to feed the child before surgery. The child must gain weight and has to be healthy before the surgery is performed. The health provider may do some blood tests and carry out a complete physical examination of the child. About 10 days prior to the surgery, it is necessary to stop giving the child aspirin, ibuprofen, warfarin and any other drug that inhibits the clotting of blood.
- Risks from anesthesia include breathing problems, reaction to the medicine, bleeding and infections in some cases.
- Problems caused by the surgery itself may include abnormal growth of the bones in the middle of the face and abnormality in the connection between the mouth and the nose.
Post surgical care tips
The child will be kept in the hospital for 5 to 7 days after surgery and complete recovery may require up to 4 weeks. The following tips need to be followed for quicker recovery:
- The surgery wound must be kept clean by washing it with soap, water or any other cleaning liquid.
- The wound must be kept moist with ointment.
- It is advised to prevent the child from picking at the wound by using arm cuffs and splinters. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
My husband has lost his hair on the top part of his head. Medication taken are minodoxil 5% sine 2 years. But no effect. Kindly advise a suitable remedy to regain the hair.
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplate hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 years old. My frond hairs are white. Suggest dome medicine to become Black hairs. please help.
Im 21 years old I was due to sun and sea breezes so, I want to be fair please suggest some skin lightning creams for my skin I turned so black so please suggest me and there should not be any side effects for skin.
I have been suffering from Alopecia Totalis / Universalis since I was three years old. I had read that a Medicine for Psoriasis has been effective in curing this ailment and is under trial in USA. Please let me know whether there has been any development in this regard and whether such cure is available in India.
I am 30 years old am facing a problem of pimples and small acne in my face often what is the solution to make my face shiny.
Hello everyone. I am civil engineer. So I have to go out for my work. But my skin gets darker as I go outdoor .plzz suggest.
Sir/ madam My hairs are falling at a very fast rate. please do needful. I already had white hair in this age nd now the worst part is hair fall has been start. Please suggest some methods or medicines to stop these hair fall.
I had developed black patch after I had ring worm problem. Around my waist. How can I get ride of it ?
I am 29 years old male yesterday a brick fell on my feet now my nail is getting black and swelling in feet finger I am unable to walk please suggest medicine.
Hie doctor I Have a problem With my face When I wash my face its like a little bit white colour after I go out side with in hour Became face will black soo plzzz solve this solution.
My age is 19. I have a serious fungal infection all over my body. I have used these medicines - one can 400, glospor 100, livafine lotion. These medicines good but not work 100% so what should I do.
A head full of the lush silky mane is what everyone desires as it enhances one's personality and physical image but with the growing levels of pollution and workload, it becomes difficult to maintain its health and beauty. There are a number of factors that contribute to the deterioration of hair and stress is one of them.
Stress is a complimentary ingredient in today's lifestyle. Hectic work schedules, maintaining a social life and many other reasons invite stress and it has become increasingly difficult to avoid. There are three types of hair fall that can be attributed to stress and anxiety.
- Telogen effluvium - There are three stages in the life cycle of hair, growth, resting and shedding stage. Stress and anxiety incurred from physical trauma, severe accident, illness and pregnancy can cause sudden and in most cases temporary hair fall. Sudden stress shocks the hair follicles and pushes them to the resting stage resulting in hair fall from combing or washing. This type of hair loss has been termed as Telogen effluvium.
- Trichotillomania - Pulling out hair from the scalp, eyebrows can be a way of dealing with stress. Inner palpitation, tension, anxiety has a way of coming to the surface and it has been noticed in some people that they unknowingly pull their hair out to cope with stress and in worst cases they also make a habit of it. This condition is commonly referred to as Trichotillomania.
- Alopecia areata - Hair falls out from certain portions of the scalp exposing scattered patches of skin. There are several reasons for this condition known as Alopecia areata, and stress has been identified as one. With alopecia, the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles causing them to shed.
Hair loss itself can cause anxiety and stress further complicating the problem. Abnormal shedding of hair is usually an indication of a deep-rooted medical condition which should be treated immediately. Distressing and meditation can help treating hair loss.