Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
My eyes are paining. Can not see up and around. Its getting pain. N also throat problem. If I sleep deeply suddenly I wake up. Why so? please whats the treatment? Wht can I do for this.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of refractive surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at neutralising the power by correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK procedure are:
- Age no bar: If there are no medical objections, then LASIK can be performed regardless of the age of the person. Doctors also tend to wait till young adulthood (around 18-20 years of age) before performing LASIK.
- Painless: Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 15 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Very safe: Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%) due to use of latest Laser technology which reduces the recovery time and therefore very less complication rates.
- Stithless: Does not require bandages or stitches.
Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, which appears as a result of healing process, and tends to subside within few months of time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction for atleast 1yr (occurs usually after 18 yrs of age)
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range (requires an Eye Exam)
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal (requires an Eye Exam)
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
In those cases where cases where LASIK cannot be done, there are other refractive surgery options you can go for after consulting with an ophthalmologist. Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications.