Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aruna Sree Malipeddi
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Sree MalipeddiYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my right knee due to long sitting in meditation course of 10 days. The course end on 14 Feb. But my right knee pain continually till. What should I do to eradicate from this problem.
I am weighing 95kg and age of 58,How to reduce my weight.Suffering from knee pain too. please do help
My wife, 62 years old, is suffering from severe pain just below both knees. Her x rays are suggestive of osteoarthritis and the doctors have recommended TKR. She is a dialysis patient but is not diabetic. Is there any treatment which can relieve her pains so that she can walk well and perform her other activities. Thanks Anand.
My father had met with an accident in April 2011 his knee was broken and scattered inside and also the fracture happened above the knee then there are plates in his leg. While doing physiotherapy it broken once again in the next year. Now there was rod in his leg. Is it safe to remove?
My mother is suffering from knee pain she is using medication but still suffering can you please suggest me.
I am 56 years old. I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis-early stage. Being controlled medicine. Please let me know the permanent solution.
My age 36 year, weight 57 kg. From last 2 month l am Suffering with knee pain left leg (I feel this pain only when I seat for latrine (at Indian style), when I stand up after 5-10 minutes I feel more pain intensity which goes after 5 minutes. Also I feel stiffness (very little). MRI done and findings are" mild synovial effusion" I want to know the following: -What is the meaning of report in simple language. -is it recover naturally or not? Will l face this problem long life. -Is this problems are treatable? What treatment/medicines are required to cure "synovial effusion" and how much long time. -What steps/precautions I should follow with this problem to avoid further harmful effects.
I have pain in my left knee, when i use stairs it seems somthing get cracked in my knee. Also having bad motion now a days m suffering from poor memory also have problem of spondlysis. Are theses problems connected to each other. Can i have one solution for all these problems.
My mother is suffering from arthritis. She suffers from acute pain in joints. The problem is persistent since last 1 year. She is on medication. Can you please tell some exercises which would help reduce the pain?
My mother aged 68 years suffering with knee pain. Local doctor ask her for knee replacement. I would like to ask specialist orthopedist whether there is any other treatment to get relief from this.
First of all, uske causes.
Body tissues are attacked by their own immune system, to is wajah se Arthritis ka ye bada cause hai. Aur 40 umar k baad arthritis ko normally dekha jata hai.
Arthritis ke symptoms hai-
jahan jahan pe bhi joint hai, jaise ki finger hai waist hai bones ke joint hain wahan pe swelling aa jata hai or wahan pe pain rehta hai. Legs hai, arms hai, to wahan pe bhi swelling rehta hai. Joints me swelling jyada rehta hai to vo time fever bhi rehta h or weakness bhi rehta h.
Iske lie home remedy ye hai ki;
- aap unpeeled potato lijie, uske kuch slices lijie or ek glass paani lijie or usme ye Raat bhar bhigoye rakhein.
- Subah morning me ye kuch nhi khane se pehle lijie. Daily morning m aap ye kijie. Aapko isse behtar aaram milega.
- Iske lie dusra Jo home remedy Jo accha hai Jo 3 chammach aap green gram lijie, vo raatbhar bhigo k rakhie ek glass paani me. Dusre din usme garlic, 2 clove daal lijie or vo aap mix well kijie or din me do baar aap lijie. Isse aapko bhaut aaraam milega.
Is vishay me or jaankari k lie aap lybrate se lybrate.com pe jaake consult bhi kar skte hain.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
If you wish to discuss about any specific joint or bone problem, you can consult a specilized orthopedist and ask a free question.