Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna ShenoyYour feedback matters!
What can I do for decrease my back pane during my periods and what precautions are? Is this problems effects my future married life.
Going thru ovulation study. Clomiphene citrate day 3 to 7, Hmg 75 on day2 and day 4. Today its 9th day- 11×10mm in right ovary & 5×6mm in left ovary. endometrium-5.3mm (my extra from day 2 to15) What to do? My doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 12 to see if 11×10mm egg reaches maturity. But she didn't gave me another hmg injection today as the follicles are not dominant? So this cycle is a waste?
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
pregnancy test (prega) is negative. Is there still chance of pregnancy? She is having scanty bleeding and back pain.
I have a child of seven month. MC has stopped. But I don't want any child yet. MC date has crossed 2 days. What to do? Please suggest me.
1. Go for a walk - If you live close to your workplace then quit taking your two or four wheeler to work. Better still, even a public transport is a strict NO. Either ride a bicycle or simply choose to walk down the lane. While at work, avoid sitting for consecutive hours at your workstation. Take a break and walk in your office complex after lunch with friends. When at home, avoid being a couch potato. Head for an early morning walk to the nearby park. You may even take a leisure-walk in your garden area or in the street nearby post dinner. Walking is indeed the easiest way to stay fit!
2. Replace the elevator with stairs - Use the stairs instead of the elevator. You don’t waste any time and you don't have to go out of your way to work on your health! At places with escalators, walk up the stairs it's no harm. It's easy and can be done daily.
3. Simple Exercises - Spending a lot of time in front of the television or desktop? Why not utilize it with some stretching exercises. While you're at home do some yoga, stretching or sit ups and during your office hours, simply do some eyes, legs, wrist and neck rotation exercises. This way, you will keep yourself distracted and at ease.
4. Use music as a stress buster – Music keeps your brain relaxed making you more energetic and lively. Have some fun while doing your daily chores at home and work. Play some peppy music and dance to those tunes. Not only will your mood be elated but this will also help you burn some extra calories. While at work, its best to put on your headphones and bid work-load stress goodbye. This will calm your nerves and will help you focus better!
5. Don't outsource house work - You can start doing more of high energy things like washing your car, getting a cup of coffee/tea from the office cafeteria, digging the garden or reorganizing the closet to include physical activity in your lifestyle! Usually you have someone to help you with these little home and office chores. However, if you chalk out some time and do these simple things, not only will you save on money but also add a really healthy practice in your schedule.
Now that you have these smart tips, include them in your lifestyle and prepare for a better and healthier future!
Dr Jayesh Pavra. (M D Medicine)