Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aruna Shenoy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna ShenoyYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, I am a male and last night I had sex with a man who had piles. But I had sex with him without condom while penetrating blood also came out from his ass but I still continued. Is there chances of stv and hiv? It happened 16 hrs before please guide me what should I do?
My periods started this morning although a few drops. After which I took 2 tablets of primolut N to stop. It.yesterday afternoon I had taken 1 tablet of primolut to stop my periods. But still it started so I immediately took 2 more. I do not want periods for another 3 days. Please advice.
Hii, I am female My work timings are even 5 pm to mrng 2 am. So I am skipping the breakfast daily. Because I wake up at 12 pm daily. Will breakfast skipping will increase my weight?
My wife is pregnant for the last eight months tell me which type of food is better for her health and food timings list is there send me. Thank you.
I have pcos. My periods are usually delayed and I have to take progesterone for periods. Tell me some solution.
Me and my partner try to have intercourse but we are finding very difficult to enter. As she experience lots of pain. What should we do.
Hi! A friend of mine told me that I am having sex with another boy who is having hemorrhoids (bawaseer) diesess and I am not using condom will it effect on me or not please guide him.
More than half of the women who menstruate, tend to go through pain from period cramps for a day or two every month. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus contracts to remove its coating or lining. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are the cause for pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle contractions. More elevated levels of prostaglandins are linked with more severe menstrual cramps.
While menstrual cramps, additionally called dysmenorrhea, are normally not an indication of a highly serious health condition, they can act as barriers in your daily lifestyle. To help with the pain, here are five things that may offer some relief. In case your period cramps appear to be extreme or you do not get help even after attempting some of these choices, check with your specialist for the required medication or treatment. Five ways to prevent severe menstrual cramps are:
- Exercise: A regular walk or any sort of physical movement can relieve you from the abdomen and thigh pain. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and diminish your cramps. Exercising a little three to four times each week is useful for the general strength of your body.
- Apply a heating pad: Warmth unwinds the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are a number of over-the-counter warming pads and cushions, or electric, reusable heating bags.
- Drink chamomile tea: Certain teas may calm menstrual cramps. Teas have been used traditionally and can offer relief from pain. Chamomile tea is one of the most effective teas among many others. It tends to increase the hippurate element in your body, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Mitigating agents diminish the prostaglandin formation in the body, accordingly assisting in pain relief from menstrual cramps.
- Improve your diet: Vitamin D is vital in decreasing menstrual cramps. Decreasing your fat intake and eating more vegetables as a part of your diet may ease the pain. Low-fat food and less carbs help your health by and large, even as they can have an obvious impact on menstrual issues. Swap less solid fats like the saturated fats found in junk food, for more healthy ones like unsaturated fats found in olive oil. Getting more dietary magnesium appears to relieve the pain as well. Magnesium directs better nerve and muscle functioning, among other crucial functions.
- Massage with essential oils: Using certain sweet-smelling oils and massaging them can likewise soothe menstrual pain. Dilute lavender, clary sage, or marjoram to a three percent concentration in an unscented cream. The duration of pain can be lessened from two and a half to one day after self-massaging with these essential oils. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Omega-3 fatty acids are indispensable components of the cell membranes of all the cells in your body, still your body cannot synthesize Omega-3 fatty acids. It is important that you constantly include Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet in order to ward off deficiency. Seafood, especially fishes like tuna and salmon are the richest sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. For vegetarians, there are some seeds and nuts, such as walnuts, flaxseed and soybeans, that contain significant levels of Omega-3.
Omega-3 deficiency means the absence of long chain fatty acids that are required to regulate body function like the cardiovascular, inflammatory and immunity of the body. A deficiency in Omega-3 can be identified easily compared with the lack of other nutrients as there are many symptoms of Omega-3 deficiency. Here are some of them-
1. Heart Problems
Fatty acids help in reducing heart diseases like high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They slow down the development of blood clots and plaque, which eventually cause clots in arteries. Thus it reduces the risks of heart attacks and other heart-related problems. So if you are suffering from one, you might think about consulting a doctor as these might be due to deficiency of Omega-3.
2. Poor Mental Health
Omega-3 acids are considered to be crucial for memory and mental performance. They help in building cell membranes around the brain, which are essential for brain health. Hence the intake of right amount of Omega-3 fatty acids is important when it comes to efficient brain function. Deficit or poor academic performance are some results of less Omega-3 in the body.
Omega-3 fatty acids are highly effective in preventing and managing depression. A low level of this healthy fat may increase the risk of depression as well as worsen the symptoms. In fact, Omega-3 fatty acids are more effective than placebos for depression in both adults and children.
4. Poor Vision
Falling eyesight or other eye problems are other signs of essential fatty acid deficiency. These fatty acids are an important component of fat molecules, which keep the eyes healthy. They also take care of the proper drainage of the eye fluids thus causing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.
5. Joint Pains
A low level of Omega-3 fatty acids may lead to inflamed joints, which may eventually cause arthritis. The Omega-3 acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the pain and inflammation of the body. The fatty acids also assist in easing joint tenderness, decreasing stiffness and may help lessen the need for medication.
If you feel you have these problems as well, then don’t forget to visit a doctor. A medical practitioner can help in improving the situation before it has worsened too much.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!