Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
What should we do to get a better eyesight? I have a doubt that my eyesight is getting low. So we can we do for that?
Is there any problem if he gets blurry vision while trying to focus on red LED lights such as those used in traffic lights?
Hello Dr. I am suffering headache in right side of my head, eye in day time. .and feel tired in day time. .some time wrong pronunciation .means wants say hello but automatically come out 'yello'this is very confusing and horrible for me. .what is the reason and treatment..
I am 24 years old and i am having a vision problem to increase the vision sight what are the steps to be follow.
If you have conjunctivitis, you can help limit its spread to other people by following these steps: Wash your hands often with soap and warm water. Wash them especially well before and after cleaning, or applying eye drops or ointment to, your infected eye. Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes.
My friend is working at a computer shop. So he want to look into computer screen most time. Now he feel body pain and his eye sight is decreased. What he want to do to become healthy?
I had been once infected with uveitis around 5 years ago and it was cured, but have been getting that dot like movements in my eyes once in a while when I just use wysolone 1 tab per day fr a week it goes off is this a good practice how can I get Rid of it?
I am of 20 years girl and I am suffering from myopia since last year. My right eye has -0.5 distance and left eye has -1.0 distance. Please suggest any type of eye drop which can easily available in mp.
If you’ve ever played Blind Man’s Buff you know how helpless it can feel to be unable to see. While some people are born blind, others lose sight as a result of health issues, accidents etc. Imagine how a person would feel to be able to see something for the first time or to regain their sight?
Every human being with sight can choose to donate their eyes after their death and gift another person vision. When it comes to eye donation, there is no restriction on the person’s age or overall health. Even a person who has had surgery on their eyes can choose to donate them as long as the cornea is unaffected. It is not only noble but the thought of being able to give some a chance to see the world with your eyes can give you immense joy.
However, just a thought is not enough, there are few other facts to be kept in mind before going for eye donation:
- Eyes need to be donated within 6 hours of a person’s death: For your eyes to be viable for a donation they must be harvested within 6 hours of death. Thus, if you choose to be a donor, it is important for you to inform your family and friends of this decision. Eye donation can also be authorized by the deceased’s next of kin.
- Donation does not cost money: There are no costs involved in donating your eyes. Profiting by buying and selling human organs and tissues is a criminal at and can be punishable by law.
- The whole eye is not transplanted: The most common cause of blindness is a damaged or diseased cornea. Thus, only this area is transplanted to enable a person to see. The cornea is a thin, transparent flap located in front of the colored part of the eye. Thus, donating eyes does not disfigure the deceased person in any way.
- Even people who wear spectacles can donate their eyes: Short sightedness or far sightedness are conditions caused by irregularities with the lens inside the eye and do not affect the cornea. Thus these conditions do not interfere with their ability to donate their eyes after death. Even people who have been operated upon for cataracts, retinal detachments or glaucoma may choose to donate their eyes. It is even possible for a person who has received a corneal transplant to donate their eyes as long as the cornea is healthy and clear.
- Corneal Transplants have a high success rate: There is no blood supply to the cornea and hence there is a very low risk of the body rejecting a donor cornea. In many cases, this rejection can be treated and suppressed with medication.
Though over 30,000 corneas are donated and transplanted each year, there is still a long waiting list at eye banks. Thus, it time you take a pledge to make someone else's life beautiful. Do not think twice about donating your eyes and encourage people around you to do so as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.