Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
I feel drowsy all the I want to overcome from this problem so please tell how to overcome from this problem I sleep fit 8 hrs a day.
I'm a diabetes patient and I have stomach infection since yesterday so please give me a medicine name for the same!
Hello, I'm 22 years old male. I had have suffered with my Sinus pain in head. What can I do to remove this problem?
Dear Sir, I have married in 2008, still am not becoming a father, I have less sperm count after SA Test. Past 5years am taking medicine, But there is no development. Can you Please help me out .?
Since last few years l am experiencing heart burn whenever l eat spicy food. Tab Famocid 40 helps me is getting relief. Please suggest a permanent cure.
Hi I can use nonfat capsules I have pcod problem egg not growing ovarian cyst not there So I have to reduce weight 64 kg Height 5.3 Age 24 Please tell me.
My digestive system not working in a proper way. Can not eat heavy foods like paratha, oily food. Also having acidity problem.
I am 29 years old. My foreskin not retracting when my Penis got erect. Will I have problem when having see with my partner. I am not yet married.
I basically follow a vegetarian diet .But for proteins I am taking 1 egg 5 times a week. Is it ok for me. I am a diabetic and suffer from hypertension and on medications also. Can you plan a diet for me based on my details and what are ypur charges for that?
I am suffering from cold and cough with a little bit fever and headache. What should I do get rid of it?
yesterday when I am playing cricket bowler hit my aside of nose then bleeding doesn't stop till now.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.