Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Jyoti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun JyotiYour feedback matters!
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS, what this condition entails is a sudden and abnormal increase in the heart beat of an individual, causing them difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and even blackouts.
There are some factors that can trigger the situation and stem the sudden rise in the heart beat. Meeting with a medical expert may help bring the situation under control.
What is Postural Tachycardia Syndrome?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS is a cardiovascular condition that is caused due to the sudden shift from an upright position to a supine position or vice versa. It is this sudden increase in heartbeat of an individual that is referred to as Tachycardia.
The longer you overlook this condition, the bigger is the trouble you are putting your health in. This is when it becomes extremely important for you to get in touch with a medical expert, who can offer you perfect consultancy, diagnose the causes and also find a result for the same.
What Causes POTS?
According to medical specialists, there are some factors that this condition stems from and it all differs from one person to the other. Some of the most common causes of the condition are-
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Faulty Gene
- Siogren’s Syndrome
Signs of Postural Tachycardia Syndrome:
There are multiple signs that indicate that an individual is stricken by Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Some of the more common signs and symptoms include:
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Orthostatic Hypotension refers to the sudden increase in the heart beat by at least 30 beats per minute, within or after 10 minutes of rising up from a sitting or lying down position. Though the condition increases the heart rate, it does not trigger any drop or rise in blood pressure. Certain medications used to diminish this effect often extend some side effects, such as lightheadedness, palpitation, difficulty to breath, discomfort in the chest, weakness, heaviness in the chest area, nausea, cognitive difficulties and also stain on the vision.
- Effects in Response to Postural Change: Almost one-third of the people with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome are noticed to faint as a result of the increased heartbeat, almost 40 beats minutes, instead of the chance in postural position. Other symptoms under this head include a headache, migraine, disturbance in sleep, fatigue, acrocyanosis or blood pooling in feet, etc.
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS): Sometimes POTS is found to coexist in an individual with other conditions, such as EDS. This condition makes an individual prone to dislocation of bones, greater laxity in skin, loose- clicking joints, chronic fatigue, reduced level of tolerance towards any exercise, etc. According to medical specialists, though these are common symptoms of POTS, there might also be other signs. These signs and symptoms differ from one person to the other.
When Should You Consult a Doctor?
The moment you experience a POTS attack or for that matter notice some of the symptoms of the condition, it is time for you to consult a medical expert. The doctor will give you valued consultation, as well as diagnose the condition properly, thus finding the best treatment and suitable medication for you.
I had unprotected sex on aug 29. Not exactly sex its more like just touching our private parts. I had my periods on 10 sept on time bt now in oct I m 12 days late. Its really freaking me out. Mam please help me?
Do you think if a women orgasms and satisfied first by lets say a minute before the guy, that she lowers her chances on becoming pregnant or higher chances, and in fertile days if white discharge comes during and after orgasms and satisfaction then how much chances of conceiving?
If I take pills like I pill once a month will there be a problem because I am taking contraceptive pill from 2 months so will there be a problem except making my periods uneven.
My last period date is 20 nov. I have sex with my parter in unsafe days I have feeling dizziness from 6 dec today I tested pregnancy test it is negative what is the reason? Please suggest
Hi my wife now 18 th month pregnancy. Doctor did scanning and in report pointed reduced amniotic fluid. Is it normal or natural or worrying? Doctor didn't tell clearly so am asking you please ans me.
I have inserted a loop to control child birth it's time period is for 5 years. If loop not removed in time, any side effects. Please suggest what to do.
My wife is 46yrs old. She is suffering with Adenomyosis for which extra bleeding occurs during the period. Is there any home or any pathy treatment without operation?
My periods is not coming in this month, every month on 25th date come but this time not please suggest me what can I do?
Human papillomavirus(HPV) is considered a sexually transmitted infection that can be passed by skin, mouth and genital contact.
- It is one of very few infections that can, over time, lead to cancer.
- There are many different types(or strains); most are not linked to cancer. Cancer strains can cause differnet types of cancer, but most people with these HPV strains will never develop any kind of HPV associated cancer.
- In females, Cervical and in males, penile cancer can occur due to cancer causing strains. Unlike with cervical cancer, not all cases of penile,anal,or oral cancers are due to HPV.
- There are vaccines available to prevent HPV Infections, mainly for cancer causing strains and also for genital warts(6,8 strain).
- Vaccine is indicated at present in females 9 to 45 years of age, though males shall benefit also from vaccine. it is given at 0 and 2 months for age below 14 years of age and at 0, 2 and 6 months above 14 years of age( Quadrivalent Vaccine).