Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Babu
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun BabuYour feedback matters!
I have 4 months boy baby and looking after him alone. Is oil bath in alternative days good for him? What are the tips to look after his health?
My 2year old boy getting bleeding from nose. He z 7th mnth born baby. Doctor suggested only nasal drops. Is it enough? R any necessity to change food habits?
My baby girl is 1 years old now. She has frequent wheezing. She has been given omnacortil corticosteroid and asthalin. Now her condition is better. I want to know if she can be given some anti histamine drug now and is it have permanent cure. This drug (levocetirizine dichloride and montelukast oral suspension) was prescribed by another doctor. Is it safe to go with this drug? I haven't given it yet.
My daughter age is 5years and 5month she look bulky and her weight is 32 kg, please advice me what should I do?
Children, especially from a very young age, may show symptoms of dyslexia. Every case of dyslexia is unique to each child and there are many common traits and behaviours that denote a person to be dyslexic. Educate yourself on the symptoms and signs and keep a keen eye on the appearance of each one of them.
Here are five common signs of dyslexia.
- Unable to read or face complications while reading: A dyslexic child will have a problem when he/she is reading something. You may think that this is because they are young and they will learn it in time, but that may not be the case always. Follow their complication, like whether they are able to read very basic paragraphs designed for kids their age or lower and you will be able to understand if the child is dyslexic or not. If they are unable to read even an extremely easy sentence, then you should take further steps to cure them.
- Problems in pronouncing words correctly: A dyslexic child will have extreme difficulty in pronouncing easy words even after they are taught to do so. In many cases, a dyslexic child is unable to utter the word, let alone the mispronunciation. These are very trivial and hence are brushed over, but you should ponder on them and consult a professional to take appropriate steps.
- Alphabet and/or number reversal: A child suffering from dyslexia has a tendency to reverse alphabets or numbers, like using a different alphabet or a number at a wrong position. This is known as transposing. Moreover, they often write down alphabets and numbers in reverse, like a mirror image. This is one of the surest tests of dyslexia. If it happens once, then you can move on, but if it recurs, even after they are told not to, then there is a cause for concern.
- Omission of words, sounds, or letters while reading and writing: A dyslexic child will omit any letter or word while reading or writing at their own free will. There is no way to point out which one they will omit, but the trend depends on any difficult word that fails to register with them.
- Problems regarding writing tools: A child with dyslexia will face extreme difficulty (which gradually multiplies) when using pencils, pens, crayons, and even erasers. It is as if they are unable to understand the purpose of them and don’t know what to do with these tools.
Dyslexia is not that common and in most cases, the symptoms are overlooked and the child is deemed “slow” and a late bloomer. So it is necessary to keep in mind these symptoms and take advice from a specialist to deal with the situation.