Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArthiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. On July 17, we had intercourse. A week later I developed swollen breasts with no other pregnancy symptoms. At the time of my expected period i.e. On 29th July, I had a very high fever of around 103-104 degrees along with my regular period with regular length and regular flow. I was treated with antibiotics for a course of 5 days till I recovered. Later it took a week for me to recover from the weakness (may be due to antibiotics). This month we have not tried at all and I got my period on 28th August. But there is a heavy flow only for a day and it all completed in just 3 days with no pain at all whereas normally it lasts for 6-7 days with al the spotting a good abdominal cramping. Is it possible that I am pregnant but if I were, I would be already in my 3rd month, but I do not have any symptoms at all- not even the swollen breasts that I had the last month.
I have a pcod problem & irregular menstrual. Now I treatment by Dr Now I am use harmony Sir Please consult.
Reflexology says that foot massage aids in releasing the blocks that hold the energy from flowing through the body. Known by the name, Padabyang in Ayurveda, the massaging of the feet at specific points have many health benefits, and at the same time, helps in the curing of some diseases as well. Ayurveda considers feet massage as a beneficial therapy that offers amazing health benefits.
What are the advantages of feet massaging at night?
Any kind of massage contributes to enhancing your well-being and feet massage is no different. The massaging of the feet at night without fail has several benefits that are as enumerated below:
- Relaxation: Massaging the feet at night gives a perfect relaxation and helps you to cope with the long and tiring day. It is simply a great way for the reduction of stress and feels relaxed.
- Improving blood circulation: We all know that a good blood circulation is an essence of maintaining good health. If blood cannot circulate freely, it may give rise to many health problems. A foot massage at the specific point before going to bed significantly helps in the improvement of the flow of blood.
- Good sleep: Massaging the feet at night plays a crucial role in having a good night’s sleep which is extremely beneficial for good health.
- Reduce PMS: Pre Menstrual Syndrome abbreviated as PMS is a difficult battle that all women have to deal with. PMS causes a lot of pain accompanied by a lot of physical changes. To effectively deal with PMS feet massaging at night is an excellent option.
- Reduce pains and aches: Massaging the feet every night before going to bed is a very effective way in the reduction of various types of pains and aches of the body. A proper and regular massage is recommended in this situation for more effective relief from pains.
- Good for headaches and migraines: Another amazing benefit of feet massaging at night is that it helps to give you a great relief from headaches and migraines. It gives you a quick relief and most importantly without taking any medicines or having to face any other side effects.
- Reduces heel pain: Many experience difficulties with heel pain in the morning after waking up. Feet massage at night before going to bed is a great way for the reduction of pain in the heels. At the same time, it also helps to deal with pain from flat feet.
- Fights depression: A feet massage at night time also helps to fight depression effectively, and in this case, it is recommended to give a self-massage.
Thus, a foot massage at night is highly beneficial, and Ayurveda encourages massaging with oil as the benefits are multiplied when the foot is massaged with medicated oils. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Oatmeal is one of the world's healthiest breakfast foods.
It has soluble fibre which keeps you full for long.
Oatmeal contains a wide range of nutrients and antioxidants.
It helps in weight control and lowers risk of many health conditions.
Instead of stocking up on chocolate as glucose boosters, try high-fibre, low sugar oat bars. These take care of your cravings.
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mothers-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
The good news is that this is the time when those few extra kilos aren't the cause of concern. In fact, they're a healthy and necessary part of the process. But what exactly is normal weight gain during pregnancy? How much is too much weight or too little?
If you were underweight to start with, you might need to gain a few more kilos than the average mum-to-be. Women who don't put on enough weight during pregnancy are at higher risk of premature birth, having babies with low birth weight and other complications.
But if you were heavier before your pregnancy, you'll probably need to keep your weight gain in check. Being overweight or adding too many kilos during pregnancy can lead to complications such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, birth defects or having a big baby.
Today, where our modern lifestyles expose us to minimal physical activity, the risks of becoming overweight during pregnancy are higher, and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being overweight have adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negatives in the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of abnormal weight gain in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chances of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period, and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from abnormal weight gain during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
How much weight to gain and when?
Unlike the equation used to calculate your BMI, the process of putting on kilos is not an exact science. Your rate of weight gain will depend on a variety of factors, such as your metabolism, your activity level and your genetics. These vary by trimester:
- During your first trimester, your baby is still tiny, which means you don’t need to gain more than a total of 1 to 2 kilos. However, if you're suffering from morning sickness, you might not gain much (or might even lose a little). That’s OK, as long as your appetite picks up and you make up for those kilos in the second trimester.
- In your second trimester, your baby starts to grow in earnest. Your weight gain should pick up, if you started out pregnancy at a normal weight, you would gain a total of approx. 6 kilos by the end of this trimester.
- In your third trimester, baby’s weight gain will pick up steam, but yours may start to taper off for a net gain of about 4.5 kilos. Some women find their weight holds steady or even drops a kilo or two during the ninth month, when ever-tighter abdominal quarters can make finding room for food a struggle.
Gradual weight gain is as important as the number of kilos you gain, since your baby needs a steady supply of nutrients and calories to grow during his or her stay in the womb.
Tackling abnormal weight gain and keeping it at bay:
One of the most important things to do in order to keep abnormal weight gain at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.
You don't need to eat for two. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy can make it hard to shift after your baby is born.
Bear in mind that keeping active will help you to control your weight. Exercise is good for you during pregnancy. Staying active will also increase your chance of having a straightforward labour and birth.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you're loved one or friend is stressed out, reduce his stress by holding that person's hands. Research has found that holding hands can significantly reduce a person's stress levels as it lowers cortisol (stress hormone) production, and increases the production of oxytocin, the love hormone.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hello, I just had sex for the first time with my girlfriend and it was unprotected. I just wanted to know that if I didn't ejaculate can she still become pregnant from pre ejaculation? We didn't have sex for very long only a couple minutes because I was scared, I just wanted to know what should I do Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Love and physical intimacy is an important part of one’s daily life. It is a ritual that most of us include in our daily lives. Physical intimacy is the connection that two people form between each other and it is something that keeps that connection going. In many cases, people encounter some sexual problems that can cause an impediment to the sexual journey of the couple together, and as individuals. One of the problems include sexual weakness which can leave a person with a feeling of fatigue and not ready for sexual intercourse. Ayurveda, with its ancient science proposes many ways in which one can explore one’s sexuality and get relief from the problem of sexual weakness.
Vatsayana's Kamasutra is one of the way. Its various sexual positions can help in exploring the sexual and sensual bond between the couple and during that journey a number of problems are repaired. Read on to know more.
History: Mallanaga Vatsayana was a holy sage, who lived in the strictly spiritual sense of the word. He worshipped the divine in both forms that is the female and male. He wrote the Kamasutra in the early 5th Century and it has become a tome of love making with ancient practices that can help couples to connect and heal simultaneously.
Following are some of the positions defined in the Kamasutra, to overcome sexual problems.
Sitting Positions: One of the main positions in this science of love making is the sitting position, which can actually soothe tired muscles of the area so that sexual weakness can be cured. This also gives power and comfort. In this position, it is mostly the woman who astride the man.
Karuma Position: This intimate position is a very sensuous one where the partners face each other. This position helps in fixing the problem of extreme sexual fatigue or weakness, as it allows the couple to bond with each other while touching each other with various parts of the body, which makes for prolonged foreplay. Since this position requires people to control their rhythm and position, it makes for a relaxed environment where sexual weakness can be prevented and repaired.
Dolita Position: This is a position that helps the couples to swing in gentle motion even as they are being physically intimate. It helps in building togetherness as the couples need to sit face to face with each other. The heels are usually locked around each other in this position, which gives ample support to the bodies. This helps in treating sexual weakness as well, as the body is not strained to an overwhelming degree.
Samdamsha Position: With this position, the man gets to sit back in a chair or on a bench, while the woman takes control. In this position, the couple gets to relax and enjoy each other without sexual weakness.
All the above mentioned positions will not only help you getting over the problem of sexual weakness, but also give you an intimate and fulfilling experience.
Further, the exotic fragrances also work wonders when it comes to enhancing the sexual drive and performance. These fragrances work like magic in stimulating the pituitary gland responsible for hormone production. These exotic fragrances help in keeping the pituitary gland in an active state. Some of these scents include lavender, jasmine and patchouli. Lavender is known to increase blood flow to genitals and improve female sensitivity. This enhances sexual experience for both man and woman. Jasmine works wonders for men and women both. It lifts the mood and has been used to fight frigidity, impotence and premature ejaculation for ages.
Aromatherapy is also a century old practices that people are turning to for better sexual and relaxing experience. Cinnamon, sandalwood, lavender, patchouli, coriander, jasmine and cardamom are some of the best aromatherapy oils that help in enhancing sexual experience for men.
If you are looking for natural ways to rev up your sexual libido, Vatsayana Kamasutra has it all. If you wish to enlarge your lingam, you should rub it with the hair of certain insects living in trees. After massaging young lingam with oils for ten nights, you will be required to rub with the hair of insects like before. After following this process, a swelling will gradually be produced in your lingam. This swelling usually lasts for life and is called ‘Suka’.
As mentioned in Vatsayana Kamasutra, the lingam can also be enlarged by massaging it with oil boiled on a medium flame along with the seeds of pomegranate and cucumber, the juices of valuka plant, hasti - charma plant and egg-plant. These remedies also produce a long lasting effect.