Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArthiYour feedback matters!
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED), low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing.
Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
- Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
- Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
- Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours
I'm unmarried and one married girl fall in love with me, said she was unhappy with her husband (they have 2 childrens) Me too started loving her Still we are connected on phone every time she talks to me only about sex. I'm not able to understand that she really loves me or she wants only sex. Please suggest me as she was already married shall I do only sex with her or shall I cont. Love with her.
My Lmp was 10th march. Then 20 april I took duphaston 10mg for 5 days as per Dr. advice but still I did not get period. Last year I had pcod but last 6 month I got regular period 30 to 35 days. Pls give me suggestions.
Hi, my periods where on 7th of march, took ipill on 13th march and got withdrawal bleeding on 24th and now I am 8days late for my periods. Took blood hcg negative. Please help me
Hii. My dear one .need a advice. She had conformed her pregnancy test. Niw she don't want to have a child as she is only 20 years and need to have higher studies. Her husband and family dnt agree to have abortion. Can you please advice any medication to abort at home .plz please Help her.
I am 75 years plus, was diagnosed with diabetes about 7 years ago and am on metformin 500 bd, galvus 50 bd, telma 80 od, atorva 10 od and atenolol 50 od. The diabetic parameters are within permissible limits ,tested six monthly. Doctor says since the above medicines appear to be controlling the disease, continue for life. Is this safe and right or is any periodic regulation required.
What is hymnoplasty? Where it is done in secunderabad? Do this process is the only way to reconstruct virginity? Do this has any side effects. How much it costs.
I had intercourse with my partner on 22nd july during my periods. After that till date I did not have my periods. I did two home preg test they were negative and blood hcg test which was less than 1.2. What are the chances of getting pregnant? I took meprate for 5 days.
I have irregular periods there is a gap of almost 3 months. I have been to hospital got to know I have pcos. I'm working women don't have time to workout. Please advise what should I do. Is there any problem due to irregular periods. Even I have thyroid.
Hii, I am female My work timings are even 5 pm to mrng 2 am. So I am skipping the breakfast daily. Because I wake up at 12 pm daily. Will breakfast skipping will increase my weight?
Is there any consequences if I leave sugar intake totally all of a sudden ? What are the benefits of not having sugar at all ?
Hello doctor, my sister is 27 years old. She is trying to conceive but she is not getting pregnant. Can you please suggest some sex positions to get pregnant?
My date came on 3 sept. But bleeding was very little. 4 days only one drop came. And on 21 sept I have checked pregnancy that was positive. Doctor check urine test that was positive. So really am I pregnant?
I am getting water in my ankle part of my both legs. When I press with my finger at my ankle a hole like thing is happening there. I am not having diseases like sugar, B. P, thyroid. Please come up with an permanent solution for this. Thanks in advance.
Hello Doctor, My mother (54 years) after her menopause, she was getting bleeding. So she undergone a TAH (Uterus removal) surgery on 28.12. 2015. Doctor had sent her uterus for Testing and report came as like this" Endometrium: Features are suggestive of Endometrioid Endometrial Adenocarcinoma - FIGO Grade 1. Myometrium: Inner 1/2nd of Myometrium InfiltratedLeiomyoma. Cervix: Chronic Cervicitis. Ovaries: Corpora Albicantia. Tubes: Normal HistologyResected (Lateral Soft Tissue) Margins - Free of tumour. Please give me some suggestion and I am so afraid of it.
There was itching on my vagina I could not control my urine but later my urine was in control but got some blister on my vagina they are grey in color no pain in it I am using mycoderm powder so itching is stop but I want these blister to go when I shave blood comes out from those blister please help.
My last period was 2 jan had sex on 23 jan protected what are chances of pregnancy cycle is 28 to 30 days.
Pre-eclampsia may affect some women during the second half of their pregnancies or after they deliver the baby. Ladies suffering from pre-eclampsia show symptoms like hypertension, problems in retaining fluids (oedema) and large amount of protein in their urine (proteinuria). If it is not treated in time, it can cause a lot of complexities during the pregnancy and even after the delivery. Pre-eclampsia increases the risk of harmful effects for both the mother and the baby. The real reason for pre-eclampsia is still unknown, but it is believed that it is thought to occur when there is an issue with the placenta (the organ that connections the child's blood supply to the mother's). Pre-eclampsia in pregnant women often goes undiagnosed.
Women may present with headache, visual disturbance, pain in upper tummy, nausea, vomiting and rapidly progressive oedema. Complications of placental insufficiency can lead to IUGR(Intrauterine growth restriction), placental abruption and in severe cases, if left untreated, intrauterine death. It may affect women`s kidney, liver, cardiovascular, brain and blood clotting systems in severe cases.
Complications: As pre-eclampsia develops further, it can create complications in retaining liquid (oedema). Oedema is responsible for causing sudden swelling of the feet, lower legs, face and hands during pregnancy. It occurs in the lower parts of the body, for example, the feet and lower legs and increases gradually during the day. In case the swelling is sudden, and affects the face and hands, it could be a result of pre-eclampsia.
Risks: There are a few factors that could increase your risk of falling prey to pre-eclampsia. This might require immediate treatment. These are:
- If it is your first pregnancy, pre-eclampsia will probably happen during your first than the ones that will happen later.
- It has been 10 years since you were last pregnant.
- You have a family history of the condition. For instance, your mom or sisters have had pre-eclampsia.
- You had pre-eclampsia in a past pregnancy. There is an around 20% chance that you will experience the condition again in later pregnancies.
- You are in your teens or are more than 40 years of age.
- You have a current medicinal issue like diabetes, kidney problems, headaches or hypertension.
- You were obese towards the beginning of your pregnancy (your body mass index was 30 or more).
- You are expecting multiple babies like twins or triplets (this spots more strain on the placenta).
The main indication of pre-eclampsia in the unborn baby is slow and stunted growth. This is brought about by poor blood supply through the placenta to the child. The developing child gets less oxygen and less supplements than it is supposed to. This can affect the growth and development of the child. This is called 'intra-uterine growth restriction, or 'intra-uterine growth impediment'.
Treatment: Bringing down the blood pressure and dealing with the symptoms in a proper manner can help in managing pre-eclampsia. Delivering the baby is the best way to treat pre-eclampsia. If it is confirmed that you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll be asked to stay in the hospital until your baby is delivered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.