Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ArjunYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and not sleeping well in night and also many thought in my mind please solve problem.
I suffer in headache and I am not able to read long time and fall the water from eyes. So what should l do?
-Wash eyes with luke warm water after coming home from pollution.
-Take fluids and balanced diet.
-Do eye rolling and pinpointing exercises before bed.
-Do not continuously watch TV.
-Use solar goggles when outdoor.
-Take all colour fruit and veg for vitamins and antioxidants.
There is very small particle of jiletin plastic is sticked in my eye for long time (in corner of lower lid). It is not uncoftable for me. I do not have any type of problem with my that eye. My doctor also not able to see it. Is this harmful for my eyes? Does it lead to eye cancer? Or eye damage or blindness? If ignored?
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Laser operation are done in age of 19 or not. And my eye lens no. Is -3.5 So can you suggest me to what I do Means operation or not And it have any causes behind this.
Hi, I am 38 years old woman. My job is involves continuous reading and looking at computer. Since last year I am facing difficulty with my eye. I have checked and I do not have specs. But My eyes can not tolerate bright light in the office. I even can not tolerate the light coming from my laptop screen. My eyes feel tired or irritated due that light. What Can I do?
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.
Is regression after LASIK or SMILE common. And also side effects such as dryness ,halos common and permanent,
My eye sight is getting weaker. I can't see clearly without specs. Is there anything which could help me to improve my eyesight.
How can do for brain is why working properly and sharp. And my eyes weak so hw can I do for eyes feeling relax?
I'm getting frequent ache at head endings, eyes, when I travel in cold air conditions in winter. Tested my eyes &found ok.
I have pain in eyes water coming outside every time and I am getting irritation from light and bulbs.
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).