Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arifuddin AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from stuttering problem for about 7 yrs. It has become more severe from last 2, 3 yrs. How do I cure it?
These tips can help you feel better -- starting right now.
1. Get in a routine.
If you’re depressed, you need a routine.
Depression can strip away the structure from your life. One day melts into the next. Setting a gentle daily schedule can help you get back on track.
2. Set goals .
When you're depressed, you may feel like you can't accomplish anything. That makes you feel worse about yourself. To push back, set daily goals for yourself.
Start very small. Make your goal something that you can succeed at, like doing the dishes every other day.
As you start to feel better, you can add more challenging daily goals.
3. Exercise .
It temporarily boosts feel-good chemicals called endorphins. It may also have long-term benefits for people with depression . Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive ways.
How much exercise do you need? You don’t need to run marathons to get a benefit. Just walking a few times a week can help.
4. Eat healthy.
There is no magic diet that fixes depression . It's a good idea to watch what you eat, though. If depression tends to make you overeat, getting in control of your eating will help you feel better.
Although nothing is definitive, foods with omega-3 fatty acids (such as salmon and tuna) and
folic acid (such as spinach and avocado) could help ease depression.
5. Get enough sleep .
Depression can make it hard to get enough shut- eye , and too little sleep can make depression worse.
What can you do? Start by making some changes to your lifestyle. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Try not to nap. Take all the distractions out of your bedroom -- no computer and no TV. In time, you may find your sleep improves.
6. Take on responsibilities.
When you’re depressed, you may want to pull back from life and give up your responsibilities at home and at work. Don't.
Staying involved and having daily responsibilities can help you maintain a lifestyle that can help counter depression. They ground you and give you a sense of accomplishment.
If you're not up to full-time school or work, that’s fine. Think about part-time. If that seems like too much, consider volunteer work.
7. Challenge negative thoughts.
In your fight against depression, a lot of the work is mental -- changing how you think. When you're depressed, you leap to the worst possible conclusions.
The next time you're feeling terrible about yourself, use logic as a natural depression treatment . You might feel like no one likes you, but is there real evidence for that? You might feel like the most worthless person on the planet, but is that really likely? It takes practice, but in time you can beat back those negative thoughts before they get out of control.
8. Check with your doctor before using supplements .
There's promising evidence for certain supplements for depression,Those include fish oil , folic acid, and same. But more research needs to be done before we'll know for sure. Always check with your doctor before starting any supplement, especially if you’re already taking medications .
9. Do something new.
When you’re depressed, you’re in a rut. Push yourself to do something different. Go to a museum. Pick up a used book and read it on a park bench. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Take a language class.
When we challenge ourselves to do something different, there are chemical changes in the brain .Trying something new alters the levels of [the brain chemical] dopamine, which is associated with pleasure, enjoyment, and learning.
10. Try to have fun.
If you’re depressed, make time for things you enjoy. What if nothing seems fun anymore? "That's just a symptom of depression,"
As strange as it might sound, you have to work at having fun. Plan things you used to enjoy, even if they feel like a chore. Keep going to the movies. Keep going out with friends for dinner.
When you're depressed, you can lose the knack for enjoying life.You have to relearn how to do it.
Sir mai jab study karta hu to thodi der baad bhul jata hu. Aisa lagta hai ki main apni padhai chod du. Man m ajib ajib khyal aate hai.
I wish to quit smoking, a 18 year old habit. I found Nicotex of Cipla effective, because it provides Nicotine as a supplement to tackle the withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately Nicotex isn't available in the market due to some production issues. I want to know if there are any alternates like Nicotex, could be from home/Herbal/etc, as well. For eg. I came across Lobelia as a widely used supplement, but not sure how good.
I'm totally affair with my cousin sister so how to avoid to her I'm not interested to do sex with her so please send me details.
I feel very different. Rate of doing these masturbating habits increasing day by day. Due to which loosing weight.
I consume alcohol. The dosage is around 1-2 times in a week (2 - 2.5 pegs at a time). Is it safe or should I cut down the present levels of intake. These days, the desire to have more frequently is on the rise. Please. Advise me the safe levels of consumption.
Respected sir/madam I'm 20 years old I'm BE student please tell me how to concentrate on studies and how to increase memory power. Please help me with this I want to study well and I want to achieve something please help me.
Peer pressure occurs when a person engages in certain activities against his/her wishes only because other people around are doing it.
However, in school/college, your friends tend to be influential and with the intention of impressing them or “fitting in”, you might lapse into the kaleidoscope of alcohol, narcotic substances and other unfavourable habits.
Dealing with peer pressure is essential as it will keep you focused and help you remember the reason you came to school/college for. Once you give into peer pressure, turning back is very difficult and prolonged exposure to the wrong company and substances will lead to your downfall. Thus, avoiding peer pressure in an absolutely new setting is necessary.
Here are a few ways to avoid/deal with peer pressure:
- Introspection: It is important to know yourself and the beliefs and morals you believe in to live by your own principles. To know yourself better, you need to introspect- Do you think drinking alcohol is wrong? Is lying to your parents dangerous? Will smoking actually make you happy?
When you are aware of the values you stand for, you will be able to take a stand better when someone forces you to do something contradictory to your beliefs.
- Don’t be afraid to say no: Don’t be afraid to take a negative stance regarding something you don’t want to engage in. If your companions are still forcing you, do not change your stance and try something for the sake of it. Say no with conviction and the more certain you are with your stand, the lesser people will force you into something.
- Choose your friends wisely: This doesn’t mean that you need to limit yourself to interacting with only certain kind of people. However, when the situation boils down to building good relations, it is advisable that you choose people who share the same beliefs and values as you. This makes you less prone to peer pressure as your friends will constantly keep reminding you what’s wrong.
- Avoid stressful situations: If you think you won’t be able to handle the pressure inflicted you on by your peers, avoid those situations. For example, in a party, if you’re being forced to drink alcohol despite you denying, head for the exit.
My age is 21. I think I have a problem with my memory. I couldn't remember easily. So please help me how to improve my memory?
Sir, I have the problem of anxieties, and have the problem to take little things on mind, and I always put myself in pressure without any cause.
I do hand practice for more than 9 yrs. Now I fell the side effects as that I am not capable to study or learn something. I need your help so please suggest me how to get out from this kind of mentality.
I am 20 years old male. I have fear to go anywhere & I have fear to talking .always my body was shaking. I have concentrate problem. Anytime I feel sad.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
Blood pressure is basically what happens when the blood exerts force against the walls of the blood vessels. This force matches the cardiac output and also, the resistance experienced from the walls of the blood vessels a process that produces blood pressure. Hypertension is a condition that occurs when this pressure rises above the normal which is anything over 140 over 90 mHg. The symptoms of this condition will include hot flashes, dizzy spells, fatigue, accelerated heartbeat and other debilitating conditions. Sex is also an area that gets affected by hypertension.
Let us find out the causes and treatment for the same.
Hypertension and male sexuality: A chronic patient of hypertension will go through a depletion of the lining that flanks the blood vessels, which in turn, limits the flow of blood. This also means that there is less blood flowing towards the penis and surrounding areas that get activated during sexual intercourse. This makes it difficult for many hypertensive men to achieve and retain an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual activity. This problem is most commonly known as erectile dysfunction. Also, these blood pressure problems can have an effect on ejaculation which leads to lack of sexual satisfaction. Many drugs prescribed for such patients may also lead to this problem as a side effect, which causes further fear and anxiety for the patient.
Hypertension and female sexuality: While the effect of high blood pressure on a woman’s sexuality is not as conclusive as its effect on male sexuality, it is a medically proven fact that decreased blood flow due to high blood pressure will also lead to a reduction in the blood flow to the vaginal area. This can lead to many problems including vaginal dryness and pain during intercourse, lack of arousal, difficulty in achieving an orgasm and relationship as well as anxiety issues.
Treatment: For women, better lubrication for better arousal is one of the key factors. For men, the use of safe medication as far as hypertension is concerned, is crucial. Medicines like sildenafil and tadafil as well as vardenafil are not known to interfere with the blood pressure medication. Yet, it is important to contact the doctor before having any medication.
Therapy: Better responses can be garnered by building intimacy, an area that a sex therapist or sexologist can help you with. With the help of proper therapy, the patient can learn to relax and enjoy the act with lots of foreplay and experiences that will help in building closeness like taking a warm bath together and other such activities. Promoting overall health can also help in improving your sex life if you are a patient of hypertension. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.