Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Appaji Laxman RedekarYour feedback matters!
To combat the chances of achy joints, inflammation, arthritis and other bone-related problems later, include these superfoods to your diet and make bones healthy right now.
1) The Milk: Calcium intake is foremeost for strong bones, and the best source of calcium is obviusly milk. Milk also contains nutrients like potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins D and B12 which are equally important for healthy bones. Adults can try drinking two glasses of milk daily. Children and teenagers must try having more.
2) Cheese: Cheese is a storehouse of calcium, as well as vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and protein. All these nutrients are desired for stronger bones. Also, cheese is an excellent source of calcium for people who are lactose intolerant. Any kind of cheese - cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, goat, Parmesan and your favourite cottage cheese or paneer consumed daily may go in a long way to keep you bone strong.
3) Curd: Curd or yogurt again is a rich source of calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. While milk might not suit everybody, curd, being fermented product, is easily digested too. A bowl of curd each day must be a part of your daily intake.
4) Tofu: Tofu is soy-based food that contains high amount of calcium and plant-based chemicals called isoflavones, which promote bone health. Tofu is also a safe bet for people who are lactose intolerant or avoid dairy products.
5) Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are ideal for bone strength. They contain important nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins K and D. It can be regularly had along with flax seeds to increase the nutrient intake.
6) Spinach: Spinach is not only commonly available but also the richest in calcium content. It is a good souce of vitamin K, fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C – which makes it a complete health package. You can combine it with the following vegetables for additional fortification cabbage, kale, broccoli to enhance your bone health.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Im 18 years and 10 months old. My height is 5.3. Please suggest me some medicines or ayurvedic herbs to increase height. Ive heard of dates and black pepper mixed with ghee for increasing height. Would it help?
Is it possible to increase height after 20 of a girl. My sister have height of 4'4 feet Please give answer.
Sir I am 22 year old. I am suffering from acne and spots in my face and down side in solder. Please solve my problem.
What to use for glowing face, as my face is oily ,due to hard water I cannot get previous glowing face.
I m 22 years old and have a Blood Pressure low problem since 2 years. Can you suggest me what should I do?
Liposuction is a form of cosmetic surgery that utilizes a suction technique to facilitate the removal of fat from the body. Usually, the process involves insertion of cannula which are essentially thin, small and blunt tubes into the skin and is connected to an aspirator (suction device). Being an outpatient procedure, liposuction does not require an overnight stay at the hospital. Usually local anaesthesia is administered unless the amount of fat that needs to be worked on is large. Liposuction is a procedure that is purely aesthetic in nature and reduction of weight is not main objective.
There are many techniques which are utilized in liposuction procedures. One such technique is discussed below:
In this method, a special cannula, which transmits ultrasound waves throughout the body, is used. These ultrasonic vibrations are capable of bursting the walls of the fat cells and liquefying or emulsifying the affected fat. This makes it easier for the fat to be suctioned out of the body using the cannula. The UAL is more effective when it is focussed on the more fibrous areas such as the breast areas of males or upper back regions. However, UAL takes longer time duration than the traditional method of liposuction. Loss of blood while opting for this mode of liposuction is also comparatively less. A risk of using ultrasonic liposuction technique is the formation of seromas. These are pockets of fluid which would need to be extracted later using a needle. It is mandatory that suction-assisted liposuction be performed after ultrasonic liposuction so that the liquefied fat is removed or additional fat cells to create needed volumes for high definition liposuction are inserted.