Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AparnaYour feedback matters!
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves.
Charming Health - March 2017
- Importance of immunity cannot be under played under any circumstances.
- It is immunity which protects humans against all ailments.
- However, unfortunately it is going down due to pollution, wrong food habits, and misuse of antibiotics.
- It is now proved that immunity levels can be improved by several methods, namely Exercise, Right food habits, Scientific Fasting etc.
- Among all of them Fasting is definitely the most important and effective tool.
- One good occasion for fasting the Navaratry period. Celebrate it as Health Festival. This News letter has suggested the ritual to be followed, every time the Navaratry is around.
- The Vasant Navaratry this year is commencing from 28th March 2017.
- For the convenience of new members and for those who might have forgotten, the ritual is being again repeated in this News Letter under Health Tips. Follow it and prepare to protect against ailments lurking round the corner to attack, as soon as the Summer and Monsoon seasons arrive.
Observe Navaratry as suggested below:
NAVRATRI HEALTH TIPS:
DIET DURING NAVARATRY:
Depending upon the personal body constitution the procedure is divided in 4 Sections as follows:
A. Obese and Non Diabetic: Just stop all foods and start on plain Water or Lime water or Coconut water. Use a mix of these, for first seven days. Change to Fresh Fruit Juice or sugarless Juice, for two remaining days. On the tenth day take a light meal and then gradually come back to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 4-5 Kgs)
B. Obese and Diabetic: Stop all food. Start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice, preferably citrus, for all nine days. Divide the fruit juice in 4-5 equal parts. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 3-4 kgs)
C. Normal constitution: Stop all normal food. For first three days take nothing but water, lemon water or coconut water. From the fourth day onwards start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight loss, 2-3 Kgs)
D. Under weight and first timers: Stop Normal Food. Start on 4 to 5 Medium Bananas and one liter of pasteurized cow milk. Divide this food in three or four parts. Continue for nine days. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected weight Loss, Nil)
Other parts of the Therapy, (For all four sections):
- Take fresh water Enema every day. (Arrangement available at the Charming Yoga Center). Alternatively, buy the kit from the center and take enema at home- Training is provided free. For those who cannot take enema, take a big cup of Spinach soup every day. Though less effective, it is the best alternative.
- Under no circumstances, consume any fried food, or spicy food.
- Do not eat any so called Phalahri foods prepared from Kattu, Singhara/Rajgira Atta, Saboodana etc. Do not eat sweets made from milk or above mentioned attas.
- Drink lots of water. Total fluid intake should be about 3 liters per day.
- Do not stop your Normal Exercises or other Physical activities. Those who devote long hours on Pujas etc., and find no time for exercise, should add 40 minutes of walking every day.
- Those who chant sacred texts like Chandi Path or Durga Shapt Shati etc., sometimes feel drowsy during the chanting. They may, therefore, do their chanting along with walking. This will help chanting without getting drowsy. As a bonus, they will be bestowed with a healthier body.
- Those who cannot follow the whole course may do so for lesser number of days and increase gradually in subsequent Navaratry periods.
- The first timers and others should remain in a positive mood.
- Keep away from discouraging words and worried long faces.
These steps will definitely improve the immunity levels. And better immunity will help everyone remain healthy and active.
Let Maa Durga bestow good health upon all the readers.
- The winter is now gone.
- Vasant the king of all seasons is here.
- Be careful of Mosquito which are now already visible.
- Although the peak season of fruits and vegetables is going some summer fruits will replace them soon.
- Grapes are already here. Kinnows and Oranges are in plenty. The humble Melons and Water Melons are also ready to appear.
- Even the Ber is a fruit, full of nutrients. Do not ignore it.
- Bati is a popular food item in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In eastern India its other version, Litti is equally popular.
- In the past bati was baked upon half burnt cow dung cakes.
- It was a cumbersome process. Therefore though popular, it was a rarity.
- It can now be made in a much easier way.
- Prepare hard Dough from whole wheat atta and roll in round balls of the size of big lemons.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Then grill them in an oven till the colour changes to slight brown. Frequent turning them during baking is very important so that baties are evenly baked all around.
- For those who can eat fats may break the bati and sink it in ghee. Others can just roll them in ghee without breaking.
- Eat with any dal of choice.
- It is also possible to stuff the baties with mashed Potato, or Paneer, or Tofu etc.
- Baties can also be finely crushed and mixed with Gur and ghee.
- Prepared this way, baties are not only delicious but are also very healthy.
- Some people fry the dough balls. This must be avoided because frying destroys all nutritional values of wheat, otherwise available in Baties.
ADOPT NATUROPATHY FOR PERPETUAL GOOD HEALTH
IMPORTANT NOTE: This News Letter is being sent to you free of any cost or obligation. If you feel that your Friends/Relatives/Neighbors etc. can benefit from this News Letter, kindly provide their E-Mail addresses. If however you feel that this is an unnecessary encroachment upon your inbox, you can send a mail to the editor and it will be stopped.
My mom is having lumps in breast n from few days from behind the auricle it starts paining n how there is pain in her right hand only on this side? Can you help?
Hi doctor. I am suffering from PCOS since college days. However on a routine health check up I did last year dint show PCOS. Currently I am continuously having my periods since end of December, however before I use to either get less or nothing. Now however the flow is less but it's continuous. Evrytyme I go to the gynaecologist they as me to tk sonography. Is there something wrong here. Also we r looking to conceive soon however with this I don't think we can. Can you help please.
I did UPT on 5th day of my missed period and it came positive and again when I took it on 7th day the result is positive but the color of the pink line is some what lighter than the earlier one. Is my preg safe. Does my hcg level dropped down.
Got boy baby two months back. If we need sex means please suggest good precaution method and when need to take.
I had a unproductive sex on 20/11 and my monthly period started on 7/11. And I forgot to use the contraceptive pill too. Can you please tell me will I have pregnancy. And please suggest me any tablets for birth control.
My periods are irregular. After sonography done it's showing I have PCOD problem. M planning for a baby. Is coz of PCOD there is a problem for me to conceive?
She's 28 years old still single, at the age of 19 years has undergone ovarian cyst. Right now her vagina is in worst condition torn n two holes can b seen. Vagina walls have become big. Wat could b the reason n how to treat it to get well.
Hi, is there any way to delay periods naturally. Usually I used to take primolut N tab to delay periods. But many people said it's not safe to use that tablet, as we are planning for kids. My periods are always irregular. I don't know whether the periods come in next 5 days. But for next 5 days. We are planning to go to Tirumala.
I am a 45 years old married male and have hypertension since last 9 years and I am taking tab co approval in the morning with breakfast daily. Its ibesartan with hydroclorothozide. I have a very good german bp checking machine at home and my bp remains at 130/ 85. But sometimes due to some stress as soon as it goes above 90 I get headache and spinning sensation in my head. If I forget to take tablet even for one day I sometimes face this, but if I am on a holiday and relaxed and forget to take the tab its fine. I do treadmill for 30 minutes almost 5 times in a week and do weights for 5 minutes. My weight is 79 kgs and my height is 5.6 feet. I have a medium body but have a tummy. My waist is 34. Am I taking the right tablet and dosage or I need to change. By night time I feel tired and go to sleep whenever on bed. I have lot of urge for sex too but sexual life is not good as wife is not interested much.
Mujhe pyas bilkul b nai lagti pani to Sara din me nai piya jata please help me koi med kuch ho jise pyas lage.
Hi, I am in a relationship since 3 years and I keep doing intercourse with my boy friend at least 3-4 times a month but currently I am out of station from last 50 days I feel to have intercourse with my boyfriend but he is in soup and I don't want to do with anyone else can you please suggest me how I will avoid that feelings? Thanks.
I am 16 years old and I have recently started masturbating though not so recently but I think for last 3 months. I generally masturbate with one finger and only occasionally use 2 fingers for that purpose but I have noticed that the outer lamina of my privates is loosening and it does not look virgin anymore but I am a virgin. What should I do to restore the shape of my privates.
I have vaginal infection can you suggest some medication as I smell bad after intercourse with my husband.
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 march night my bf rub his penis on my vagina outside and he got his sperm but he did not insert the penis in my vagina and on 12 march I take one unwanted 72 and on 16 march I got fungal infection and I use V wash rome remedies and one cream and on 20 th march my discharge came in black color mix with white jelly discharge and after that I got brown discharge many time in drop like and on 22 my discharge became normal and infection get over is there any chance of pregnancy please reply me as soon as possible thank you.
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.