Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Suffering from mouth ulcers. It is caused by changing the toothpaste brand. Firstly, in my inner mouth it feels like my mouth is being cut by small knives then the cut portion changes into painful ulcers.
Hello! I am suffering from severe mouth ulcers! I get it very often! though i'm taking medication under dentists. It's still not curing. Nd the ulcer is becoming more nd more day by day. I am not able to eat anything. Plzz tell me a permanent solution for this!
I am 22 year old male and have white spot on my front teeth I think it is fluorosis and the same fluorosis front teeth is overlapping on another front teeth. What should I do to fix both problems overlapping teeth and fluorosis?
I am feeling lot of pain in my tooth when I drink cold because some part of my tooth fell down What should I do plse. Tell me I shall be thankful.
I am having problems on my left side teeth or may be muscle it's so much pain that I can't even chew something properly what should I do.
I am suffering from constipation every week, and due to this I have mouth ulcers which causes pain when I eat something, kindly tell me what can I do?
Dear Dr. I am 25 years old I have yellowish teeth on back side for not having regular brush in early age. What should I do to have clean & white teeth ?
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
I have problem in my teeth, the last teeth is producing some yellow things from gum which is smelling badly since 1 month bt there is no pain only smells bed odour. I need home remedies medicine. Thank you.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.