Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha KYour feedback matters!
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.
From last month I started planning for pregnancy. But my period started again from yesterday. So I am little worried that is there any problem? My last period date start date was 20th july. Nd we started family planning from 29th july regular. But yesterday 16th august I get period. So please guide me ho to get fertility nd is there any problem.
I am 27 year old female and have a baby 3 year old. My periods were regularized but nowadays they are not. I am feeling more sleepy and gaining weight. Please help me get my periods regularized. Before pregnancy I was 60 kg weight but now I am 85 kg,
Health benefits of neem:
Neem is a medicinal plant. It grows in tropical and semi-tropical regions. An evergreen magical tree each part of the tree, such as the leaves, fruits, flowers and bark have been used for centuries in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, toiletries, agriculture, insect repellents and medicinal cures.
A revered tree in the indian tradition the neem is believed to be an embodiment of sitala, a folk goddess, seen suspended on a branch protecting against smallpox.
Neem leaves enhance biological functions by strengthening the immune system, boosting respiratory functions, improves digestive health and supports the liver by getting rid of the unwanted toxins in the blood.
1] Eye problems:
Powdered neem leaves mixed with water to a paste and applied on the eyes relieves eye problems.
2] Viral disease:
Neem leaves paste rubbed on the infected area is said to be very effective for treating warts, chicken pox and small pox.
Neem extracts, toxic to herpes virus accelerate healing.
Neem hampers the dna polymerase virus that causes hepatitis b.
3] De - Worming:
Neem acts as a de-worming agent and helps eliminate intestinal worms, restoring healthy functioning of the intestines.
4] Cardiac care:
The leaves are known to be an effective blood cleanser, drinking water infused with neem leaves control high blood sugar. With large doses of antihistamine compounds, neem leaves help dilate blood vessels impeding blood coagulation, decrease elevated heart rates, relax erratic heart beats thus plummeting high blood pressure levels.
5] Natural pesticide:
A natural pesticide dried neem leaves placed in cupboards prevent insects eating the clothes and protect rise from insects while stored in tins.
6] Mosquito repellent:
Neem leaves are dried and burnt to keep away mosquitoes.
7] Fungal disease:
Neem is effective against certain fungal disease that infect the human body. These include fungus that causes infections of the bronchi, lungs and mucous membranes.
8] Post - parturition disorder:
Neem juice administrated to a woman during labour helps normal contraction of the uterus preventing any slot of inflammation. Vagina douched with a lukewarm neem leaves concoction disinfects the passage and heals any lesions during childbirth.
9] Skin care:
The leaves moisture the skin keeping it soft and supple. They are effective for lightening scars and pigmentation caused by scabies and acne.
Neem bark leaves and seed oil contain polysaccharides and limonoids, which are beneficial for alleviating cancers and tumors without side effects.
Certain properties of neem leaf seed, or bark naturally cures arthritis reducing pain and swelling in joints.
I am 2 month pregnant now and my doctor has prescribed me microgest 200 mg and duvadilan 40 mg. Earlier I was on metformin 500. I want to now the effect of these medicines on my pregnancy an is it safe? I am a working women so need to travel daily.
Hi I am 25 years old married women I have delivered baby boy on date 23. 03. 2015 through cesarean but till date I feel pain left side of my uterus and still date blood is discharged from uterus through vagina so kindly suggest the medicine for treatment thanks
Hi. My wife is pregnant now. Her LMP was 24 November 2015. Below is the TIFFA scan report taken on 14th April 2016. Please let me know if everything is good or something to worry about: Single Live foetus: B 4.4 cms 19-20 weeks F 3 cms 19-20 weeks H 16.5 cms 19 weeks A 13.7 cms 19 weeks Gestational age: 19-20 weeks Amniotic fluid: Normal Foetal weight: 290gms FHR: 144 beats/min Placenta: Posterior upper and lower segment grade 1 maturity Int. Os closed. CX canal measures 3.0cm FOETAL: Neural canal and ICVS: normal lateral ventricle at atrium level measures 7.0mm 3-4mm chord plexus cyst are seen in both lateral vent Posterior fossa is normal. Cisterna magna measures 4mm Spinal canal normal Facial profile: Appears normal Thorax: Normal. Situs with stomach and heart on same side Four chamber in heart normal. Inflow and outflow tracts are normal. No echogenic foci. Lungs are normal and echogenic Stomach bubble: Is seen and normal. GB is normal. No dilated bowel loops Foetal kidneys and bladder: Renal fossae appear normal. Renal pelvis 2-3mm on both sides. Bladder is seen. Foetal limb survey: Normal Umbilical cord: normal three vessel cord is seen.
Will I Get Pregnant By Any Chance? My boyfriend and I were trying to have sex on 25th December, 2016 but we didn't. He had put on a condom. He was rubbing his penis on my clit and then after a while I took his penis and started to rub his penis on my clit and suddenly his condom came out. And was on my hand. I honestly do not remember whether his penis had touched my clit or not without the condom. But if it had by any chance. He says that he did not ejaculate at that time. My vagina was wet as I had ejaculated but he had not. He said that I don't need to worry as he did not ejaculate and that I won't get pregnant. But I'm just a little scared. He had once ejaculated once in the very beginning but then he went to the bathroom and had washed and cleaned his penis with water. I am almost 5-6 days away from my periods. I'm worried and don't know what should I do. Please help me out. And provide me with correct information. I'm really tensed. Please help me.
I am having my periods and simultaneously suffering from severe cold. Can I have medicines for cold? If yes, then what?
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
Hello mam I am 25 years old and I am in a relationship with my husband. Recently during my periods time .1st day I have seen brown blood coming and 2 nd day I have seen red blood and 3rd, 4th and 5th day I have seen brown blood. May I know the reasons and is there any abdomen scanning required before consulting a doctor.
Amazing Power of Guava Leaves ! Excellent Obesity & Diabetes Tip !
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.