Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama RaoYour feedback matters!
she is excellent gynaecologist in kukatpally area... My sister had a normal delivery inspite of issues..
My name is pooja sharma I am from jammu my age 24 year and I am married my problem is periods .my periods irregular. 2_3 years please give me correct solution .I want a baby but how my periods irregular.
I am currently 4 weeks post delivery. I had a c section and apart from that all normal. But my tummy looks hard at the centre near belly button and protruding and little corn shaped. Still looks like 5 months pregnant. Is this condition gets little better after 6-8 week and later will it get reduced with some exercises? At the moment I can not do much work by standing for long even 30 mins because its causing backache and shoulder pain.
My age is 28 .i had take depot provera injection for 9 months before ,completely 9 months I have not came periods ,then what is it solution, please,please help me.
I had unprotected sex one day before onset of my periods. I took ipill the next day morning. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Its been 3 days but no withdrawal bleeding yet. No periods yet. Will there be any delay? If so how many days will my periods get delayed?
I am 5 weeks pregnant. Is it good to eat cooked chicken a week and boiled eggs every day at this stage. Since mother says they have heat which may affect baby in early stage. please guide.
Is it OK to have 3 cups of milk tea in a day as I am preparing for civil services and need to sit for long hours. Apart from that I have a healthy diet including fruits, sprouts and milk.
Infertility is the most common problem faced now-a-days. It is an inability to conceive by a couple after one year of regular intercourse without contraception. Apart of disease pathology, cause of the infertility may also be improper diet and lifestyle. Obesity, improper food habits, environmental factor, advanced maternal age, drinking habit, smoking, less sleep, illicit drugs like opiates, heroin, marijuana etc; some medicines like antidepressants, antibiotics, improper use of mobile phones and tight fitting clothes are some of the common causes of infertility. Prevention through management and lifestyle will reduce the risk by many fiold.
I'm disturbed as my wife shows less interest in sex. I want to know if its her physical problems or she is not excited with me. I also want to understand if she has any sexual feelings in her which she is unable to express with me every night she comes to bed and dozzes off. Bug when I pester her she cooperates but does not involve much. What k observed is she is always wet in her pussy. K feel that she might be thinking about sex in mind .but not readily coming to indulge in sex. She rarely says no go sex but every time I have to keep on asking kindly suggest is their a way to understand if she needs sex with man why is she not showing sex interest I am depressed and want sex life for both of us happily. I open even to know if she is having an urge go sleep with other man also Please suggest me.
What lifestyle changes—such as diet, exercise, and rest—for pregnant to stay as healthy as possible during, and after pregnant?
I read on Internet that load of people have got pregnant from there man coming in them 3 days before they released a egg and still got pregnant so I has sex on wednesday and I release a egg on friday so does the cum from wednesday stay Alive in me to hatch my egg on friday or not need no before tomorrow friday.
Suggest me a cream for tightening the vagina? How should I tighten the vagina, any cream available for it?
Hello Doctor, I was using Novelon tablet for my hormone imbalance problem as suggested by doctor. I have been suggested to take this medicine for 2 months. I finished 1st month (21tab) course on 13th mar 16. On 19th mar I had my period and it is still have bleeding. But as suggested by doctor I should have started the 2nd month course after 9 days i. E 23rd mar, but I have still bleeding. Should I start the 2nd month course or should wait for till bleeding stops, then start. Please suggest. Thanks Rekha Subudhi.
I am 29 week pregnant just got diagnosed to diabetes, is it save for baby growth n should I avoid eating sweets. Please just food to be taken in or avoided during pregnancy with diabetes. Regards Rashmi.
Hi Doctor, I'm newly married, having first time sex. I have pricking pain during penetration and unable to proceed with the intercourse further. I don't have any other problem apart from the above mentioned, pain gets relieved if I stop doing the penetration and to and fro motion. I use castor oil as lubricant. I'm planing for a baby, kindly provide me guidance to get out of the pain. Thanks,
It's been 10 days post my period due date and i am still not in my period. I am occasionally get deep brown discharge with cramp in stomach just like my period cramps. What is it? Is something wrong? Is it an indication of onset of my period after the delay?
The adage you are familiar with goes quite like, "all's well that ends well". However, when it comes to food and nutrition, the way you start your day is of considerable importance. Nutritionists, dieticians and doctors, in general, have repeatedly laid stress on the fact that breakfast is the most essential meal of the day. The reason behind such a prescription is simple; your body is provided with a light dinner sometime late in the evening. Dinner happens to be the last meal of the day. The digestive system is allowed to rest throughout the night until you wake up in the morning. Your digestive system therefore, breaks the fast with the first meal of the day and hence, the kind of food you intake in the morning is particularly vital in deciding the course of your overall digestive health.
Take a look at the following tips for a healthy start to your day:
- Oats can be your saviour: Have you been running away from a bowlful of bland tasting oats? You should perhaps encourage yourself to think about the wide range of advantages brewed and cooked in there and thus have this food for breakfast. Oatmeal is a great source of energy. It is a low calorie food option and helps in countering the effects of bad cholesterol. Oatmeal is also sought after for its lignan content that further defends the human body against various types of cancer.
- Try and have fresh fruits in combination with your first meal: Whatever you choose to have for breakfast must be complemented with fresh fruits. Fruits help in accelerating metabolic activity in your body providing you with energy received from the natural sugars present in a fruit. It is easier to digest fruits; grapefruits, lemons, oranges and berries should therefore be incorporated in your breakfast.
- Early morning tete-a-tete with tea: A cup of tea in the morning can prove to be useful in more than a couple of ways. Tea for long has been known to improve a person's health and protect him or her from diseases. Drinking tea can prevent the development of bacteria or virus inside your mouth; it also facilitates better functioning of your brain cells.
- Befriend eggs for their health benefits: Eggs for breakfast is the best way to balance your protein needs with your usual carbohydrate or fiber intake. Egg white supplies your body with calcium and are rich in antioxidants that defend your eyes against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Sago or sabudana is often considered as a super food which is full of energy and carbohydrates. Sago is basically extracted from the sago palm trees or more importantly from their stem in a starch form. In some regions, sago is also popularly known as tapioca pearls. It is one of the rich sources of starch and carbohydrates and is used as a culinary delicacy in many cuisines, especially in India. Let’s have a glance at some of the health benefits of including sago as a part of our diet.
- Aids in digestion: Pearl sago is best used as a baby food as it is easily digestible and can be great on your internal tissues. Even adults who suffer from the problem of digestion can safely include sago in the diet as it helps aid digestion and is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Nutritional Supplement: Sago grains are pure sources of carbohydrates. There are minuscule (about 2mm in diameter) but they pack a powerhouse of carbohydrates and contain little protein, vitamin C, minerals. They also have traces of calcium which can be beneficial in bone rebuilding.
- Herbal remedy: Sago is used in Ayurveda and also as a part of many home treatments in keeping the body cool. It is used along with rice to maintain the temperature of your body. It is also a staple diet in some continents and the herbal remedies using sago are widely popular in traditional spas across the world.
- Sago Cuisines: Since they are extremely comfortable with your body, sago is used in a wide variety of cuisines and can be used best as a breakfast dish as an alternative to cereal. They are also used in pancakes and they are a good source of energy to make you perform your daily activities throughout the day.
- Energy booster: Sago food is full of energy, and is often served as a dish to break the fast. If you have been recently treated for an ailment then you can look at having sago as a part of your diet. It has enough energy to combat the weakness and ailments your body has just undergone. Also, they can be safely had by any individual - irrespective of their age.
Always keep them in dry and airtight container. Moisture should be avoided at all cost to increase its longevity. The white pearls of sago become white when soaked in water and turn translucent when cooked or boiled. You can experiment a lot with sago based food and you can be sure to feel the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.