Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam Bahe BabanYour feedback matters!
My 5 years old daughter is having burning sensation while passing urine? Does she have a urine infection? Also she is having frequent urination with only drops of urine coming out?
My child is 1 year old female, She is suffering from frequent loose motion due to heat body, kindly give suggestions to reduce heat, she take bath in hot or cold water?
My baby girl is 3 month old and she is green potty, I was test with SRL and having some infection it was at lest 1 month counseling with doctor is going on. Please suggest what should I do and will impact my baby.
HOMOEOPATHY FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Homoeopathy is ideal for babies and children as it is a gentle yet highly effective system of medicine. Homeopathic remedies taste good and children like them the highly diluted natural substances that from homeopathic remedies mean that they are safe to use in the very young, including newborn babies.
More than that, homoeopathy can raise the immunity of your children to help deal with illness throughout their childhood. Homeopathy not only helps when your child is ill. It can also help prevent illness and give support through difficult periods of their life. Homeopathy works fast with children because they are usually full of vitality. Acute conditions such as ear infections, tonsillitis and flu, can be resolved rapidly using the right remedies, often avoiding the need for conventional medicines. Babies also tend to respond quickly to homeopathic treatment. On a more serious note, there are children with serious behavior problems! Yes, homeopathy works for these too!
Kids today face more responsibility, uncertainty, pressure, and other ”grown-up” issues than any generation in the past. If your child or teenager is experiencing stress, the primary goal is to resolve the source of anxiety. Unfortunately, this isn’t always possible—at least immediately. In some cases, it may not even be in the best interest of the child. Since stress has gotten such a bad rap, sometimes it’s easy to forget that, some stress is positive—it challenges us to grow. An example of positive stress is the challenge of participating in sports or learning a musical instrument.
Homeopathic alternatives treat the whole child. Today there are many pediatricians preffering homoeopathic treatment for their children and patients in various pediatric conditions.
Reasons why homoeopathy should be adopted for children:-
- Safe medicine: homoeopathic medicines are free from harmfull effects and 100% non toxic.
- Homoeopathy: effective and quick treatment-children being more sensitive, respond quicker to homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy: scientific and Natural medicine- Homoeopathy can be scientifically checked and positive .
My new born baby girl for 4 months running is getting fever since morning. She is around 5 kg of weight. I have Paracetamol paediatric oral suspension IP (Calpol paediatric drops ). Can I give her if than how. Please suggest me.
Hi doctor, I have 3 year old son. I am giving him vitamin d syrup (1ml/day, uprise d3, 400iu/per day) supplement since 6 months. There is no sun light exposure for him as you know in apartment culture getting sunlight is very difficult. Will it have any side effect? Thanks.
Nursing improperly often becomes a big reason for tooth decay and caries in babies. The way out is to get the baby tooth cared for from the very first day. This form of tooth decay is associated with nursing, when the baby sucks the pacifier, or takes other sugary juices or drinks, or formula milk from a nursing bottle.
The main causes of nursing bottle caries:
The babies are often fed in nursing bottles or feeding bottles, and the bottle nipple often stays in the mouth for long; sometimes overnight also if not taken care of. Again, the babies are pacified with pacifiers, which are often dipped in honey or a sugar solution, and this again brings in more reasons for dental caries. In any of the situations described, the baby's newly formed teeth which are susceptible to all forms of decay and damages while being gentle and new can get cavities. The sugary liquids and milk can form a coating on the teeth which brings in cavities.
How to prevent the nursing caries:
The best option to prevent is not to leave the baby with the bottle or pacifier for long. Again, the pacifier or the bottle should be always washed properly, sterilized and not left in the mouth of the baby uncared, especially during sleep time, when the baby sleeps while sucking onto them.
There are some steps to follow to prevent the early tooth decay and maintain baby dental hygiene. They are:
1. Even before the first tooth comes out, massage and clean the baby's gums with a clean washcloth or soft cotton everyday, and after every long feeding.
2. You don't need toothpaste to start brushing the first few new teeth that come out. Just brush without a toothpaste and use a very soft gentle brush to form the habit. In areas where no tooth has come up, brush and massage the gums only.
- When all the teeth have come up, start flossing everyday
- Try to take the baby for a dental checkup at least every year if not every six months.
- Try to cut down on the consumption of extra sweet beverages. Add some water to the fruit juice to dilute the concentration and sweetness.
All these steps mentioned are great to start healthy and good dental care and hygiene, and if you follow them well, then dental caries will be away.
Hii my baby is 2 & half year old. He is suffering from phimosis issue & deficiency of iron too. He do not like chapati & sabji he inly likes potatoes. He is on milk only Pls suggest me he is suffering from two problems what I can do as a mother for him.
My 6 years son who is suffering from adhd & asd. At nimhans/banglore no medicine was prescribed and only suggest some skill at home. Now his adhd problem is continued as he is not sit constantly in one place. Please suggest me. Nimhans is far away from my native.
My son 7 years old he do not doing morning natural calls regularly. What should he do. And also he is very lean.
My girl child is 7 years old. Her weight is 45 kg. He suffers illness two times every year like fever, cough, nose block etc. But she is very much active. She sweat very much. Her belly is too much fat.
My baby 9 months, she is weighing 7.5kg but height is 60cm only. How to increase her height and what we feed her?
My son is not behaving as expected as mature according to his age, since he is 11 years old? what should we do? also in the night every day he is wetting in his bed what to do? in his study also he is little back what to do?
Hi want to increase my lactation I am already taking methi water everyday morning. My baby is 2 months and I supplement her with enfamil.
Hello Dr, age 35, I got married at a young age of 19, I have two beautiful daughter's age 16 and 9 years old, one day I found my elder daughter masturbating in her room, I am very worried nowadays, I have not told this to my husband, I don't know how to handle the issue, its so sensitive, please help.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, My son is 2.8 years old and weight 12 kgs. He doesn't eat at all. Not even chocolates, ice cream and such eatables. Many times he vomits his food. His doctor says its just due to gas. But he has not gained weight from few months. He looks very thin. Can I give him pediasure?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.