Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam Bahe BabanYour feedback matters!
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My daughter studying in grade 1 is not going to school. She tells that she fears of omitting in school and she get bored to have 5 hrs in school? Is any homeopathic or allopathic medicine so that creating interest to go to school? Or any other solution?
My daughter is two years 5 months old. I have introduced bhindi in her diet on alternate days for constipation. She has paediatric constipation. She has suffered shortly from gastroenteritis. The next day of having the vegetable she is passing a lot of stool with stomach pain. Is this indigestion? How much bhindi should I give her in her diet? please help me. I am giving her 10 to 12 pieces of cooked bhindi twice on alternate days.
My newborn child doesn't have center piece of bone in his head, there is space around 3centimeter radius between another piece of bone.
My 2 yr old son s refusing to eat and drink milk. He s havng pain in teeth which are coming nd had ulcers on tongue.. visited doc in da morning he prescribed a gel zytee .. n a syrup monocef -0 100 . He had fever in da morning 101.1. Pls help me out any home remedy..
My daughter is 13 years old, she often suffer from sneezing, specially during early morning or at night. She continues to sneeze. Please advice some home remedy. As she takes citzin or avil medicine.
My son of 6 months refused to drink milk just before his naps when he want to sleep he usually cries a lot, so swaddled too much, now he can't sleep without swaddling, I want to decrease it because sometimes I am badly tried and can't swaddle in cradle, please tell me a way to stop this swaddling.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
Hello drs. My baby is 15 months old and he is still on breast feed but from some days im feeling pain in my left breast and white spot on my nipples please help What to do.
Give some good goodtonic name so that my 10 year old kid gains weight he is 10 years old and 23 kg height is 4.4.
Hello doctors, my daughter is will complete 2 months on 5th april. She keeps crying, I think she is not satisfied by my milk bcz. What to do.
Hi. My daughter is 10 months old I want to ask what are things I shud give her a healthy diet for her can I give dry fruits to her if yes how?
My daughter is 14 years old but her height is not increasing she is 4.5 feet and all my family members are above 6 feet. What to do?
My son is 3 years old. He is frequently suffering from cold & cough. Once it comes it will take month or so to cure. Even After cold is over cough will be there always slightly & it is severe when cold is more. What to do for cough & cold especially for cough?
I am a working woman and my baby is 10 months old. She does like to eat anything. She only want breast feeding. What to do?
Hi I am 30 F from South India. For the past few years I am in depression and over stressed. I am not able to concentrate in office. I am very sensitive person. I always be true to everyone. But I feel people are not the same to me. After my son was born I lost everything. My husband has not got any job. I am taking care of the family for past few years. I feel I am a suffering to my parents too, I am second pregnant now. I am in total tension thinking of my financial crisis. People at office also do not help me at all. The thing is I cannot concentrate in office now. I lost interest in everything. Sometimes I feel to die, Please help me.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.