Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Antharvedi Santhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Antharvedi SanthiYour feedback matters!
Helo doc Last month my periods came late by one week and bleeding was less than normal but I take it easy but this month my period came on time but only cramping come. I asked doc for it then they said for ultrasound. Report shows blood pieces in uterus. They give me medicine for the cleanliness. After medicine only cramping flow when I go for toilet. The doc gave me dose for 5 days but after 3 days I went again to doc. She check me internally. She said everything is fine. But if you get heavy bleeding or cramping frequently then come again. Now my dose has been finished but after finish of dose cramping is flowing again. M very very tensed what should I do?
I get too much white discharge on everyday basis. It does not smell but it's irritating. Could you help me.
Want baby but not getting pregnant rather not using any protection during intercourse Married six month back.
I had bleeding 10 days after my period but it was only for a day? I'm 25 year old .I have never had sex before and my husband tried to insert couple of days before bleeding. He didn't even go an inch inside. I have gained a little weight from past 3-4 months. My lifestyle changed as I joined a new company. I sit for hours together. Can you please tell me if this is only due to hormonal changes or am I pregnant.
My wife is 14 weeks now. We have done NT and double marker test and it was 1.6 and the risk for downs came low but the doc who had done US say one side she could see the NB amd other side she could not. Can this be a likely scenario. We are so much worried for downs.
My wife suffering from pcod problem. If she does brisk walk around 6 to 7 km daily. Will it help she weighs 70 kg.
Hi I'm 22 years old. Before 25 days I had abortion (4 month) so now I done how to take care of my health could you pleas tell me some suggestion.
Self-medicating is dangerous. It can cause serious problems, so it is important to set up an appointment with your family doctor when any symptoms of an illness occur. A family doctor is trained to guide you for an appropriate plan of action to treat a condition.
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- Inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- Inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Premature ejaculation
- Being unable to ejaculate
- Reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 21 years old. I'm suffering from lucorie and my weight is not improving how I relief from this disease.
I am 27 years old unmarried male, few months back I lost my virginity with my gf, the problem I felt like that I get discharged within 2-3 shot only, initially I felt like this is due to lack of experience. But nie I started worrying about it. Please suggest.
I am married and it's 2 years passed I had pregnancy 2 times and I had abortion when I had check up nd test the reports were normal. During pregnancy I was travelling. Does this was the reason for my abortion if yes please suggest some cautions to prevent it next time.
Hi. I have an gynecological problem. M suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and poly cysts. What should I do? And I have many flat moles on my face. How they can be removed.? And tell me how can i increase the volume of my hairs. And how to slim hip and thigh? please suggest.
Clotting of blood during or after a pregnancy is fairly common these days. While the reasons for these are numerous, the driving reason behind this being that the mother is weak after such an ordeal and it is, therefore, likely to affect her health. In pregnant women, blood clots tend to form in the deep veins present in the legs or near the pelvic area. The condition is known as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). One of the main concerns for people suffering from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is the occurrence of Pulmonary Embolis (PE), which is a life threating diseases and is caused when a DVT breaks and travels to the blood vessels connected to the lungs.
The symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
According to the data published on “Centre for Disease Control and Prevention” website, from a recent survey conducted it has been estimated that almost 900,000 people suffer from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) every year in the United States i.e. 2 in every 1000 people suffer from this life-threatening disease.
This disease although life threatening can be taken into account by proper medical care at the early stages and therefore patients are advised to look out for any or all of the following symptoms-
- The patient is experiencing pain, swelling or tenderness in one of their legs, although both might have been affected.
- You have noticed a change in skin colour, and it has taken a reddish shade.
- There is a warm sensation in and around the area of the clot.
- The veins on your legs are appearing larger than they should.
Although all of these are proven symptoms for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), it is common to have discomfort from swelling legs during pregnancy and does not always mean that the patient has symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). If you are having the slightest thought that it may be a case of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), you should immediately contact your GP, midwife, or call your maternity unit.
Treatment for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
When a patient is suffering from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and she is pregnant, anticoagulants, which is a medicine that prevents clotting of blood, is administered to them. While not all anticoagulants are safe to use during pregnancy, quite a few are. It is highly advisable that a doctor or medical practitioner is consulted before taking any further step.
How to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Like all diseases around the world, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is too a preventable one if the certain Do’s and Don’ts are kept in mind. Below is a list of certain things to keep in mind, in order to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)-
- Being active and moving around regularly, will keep the blood circulation normal.
- Beware of your family history and consult your doctor with the same.
- Look out for symptoms and contact your doctor at once if you see one.
Every disease is preventable and curable. It is on us, what we choose to do with it, succumb to it, or stand up and fight it. Look out for the above-mentioned points and you will be at a safe distance from the clutches of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th Feb it was not sex but I touched my penis with her vagina without using condom Her periods are delayed by 5 days (now 24 March) in between we had unprotected sex for a while but I did not ejaculated and after then used condom on (18th March) but she took I-pill within 6 hours. I also took a Viagra before sex. As I can remember there was no Pre- ejaculation. Is she pregnant?
I'm 24 weeks pregnant and it's my 1st pregnancy, I'm able to feel the baby kicks, however past 2 days I'm feeling bearable vaginal pain. I don't have any liquid or blood discharge. However pain exist continuously and mildly. So far everything is normal & I'm not under any complications or medication. Pl advice, whether it's normal or abnormal?
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I suffer a lot of pain in my vagina during sex. I am a newly wedded. Doing sex daily. But its so paining. Why its happening. I am so frightened. Pls help me.
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!