Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Agarwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My newborn son is 12 days old and he rarely burps after breast feeding and spills milk sometimes. I am really worried if its fine. He also has jaundice (8.9 when last checked on 8th day) and doc has said it will go on its own on 20th day. Shall I be avoiding certain foods or my daily massage that my midwife gives? Doc has also suggested not to apply nothing on his skin but he is having little pimples on his face.
My 8 month old baby has a lump on his testicle on the lower side for 2 weeks, it's painless nd semi hard And my kid doesn't feel pain when I touch it, what is it and remedy for it,
My baby is 1 year+. I need a diet chart to follow for his better growth physically and mentally. Also he got around 8 tooth ,need some non-florida based toothpaste for brushing. Please suggest.
My niece is 6 years old when she was 2 years old from that time till now whenever she sleep there is a blood type water comes from her ear. Only that time when she sleep. These days she is feeling headache and she feels pain when she touch her hair. What is this problem.
Hello my sister is 25 years old now and she is blessed with a daughter who is 5 months 20 days old now. From her birth she is breastfeed when she was feeded with lactogen powder milk she just vomits .now one week ago my sister started her feeding cerelac made up of rice she is unable to digest that cerelac last day she just puked a substance like sticky white in a large quantity it means she is not digesting that cerelac. And her mothers milk is not sufficient for her. So can you suggest me some natural home made things or any diet to increase quantity of breast milk of my sister its urgent please. And also my sister is both veg and non veg so suggest me please.
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.