Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Varma
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anju VarmaYour feedback matters!
I am almost 27 years old, male. I got LASIK done about 1.5 years back. Post the surgery, I'v always had some problem or the other with my eyes. I have on many many occasions felt one of my eyes had become smaller. I also had an eye infection soon after my LASIK but was it had not relation with that. I'v had difficulty watching movies in theatre/laptop most of the times. On and off, after consulting the doctor I have taken tear lubricants. This problem is especially severe in winter, I think. Now, since the past 2.5 months the problem has been increasing. Now I have immediate dry eyes while using laptop, tv or driving. Even if I use the lubricant five minutes before I sit down infant of the laptop, I get uncomfortable within minutes. One side of my heads starts to get strained, and it reaches the back of my head. This stress in my head then lasts for a while even if I don't strain my eyes. I have also been taking omega-3. I generally drink decent amount of water as well. I am also finding it very difficult to capture everything in front of me, which causes difficulty in driving/watching tv. Also, please note there have been days where I did not use laptop/tv/drive, but even then I get the strain in my head by evening. I have difficulty looking at people after a few seconds, and eventually become so cripple by night that I have to go to bed. As the evening progresses, so does my need to use the lubricant. What can be done?
Hi, From last 2 weeks I am seeing floaters in eyes and I am taking high dose antibiotic for my throat and lungs infection. Sometimes I get chest pain and cough. Can you please give some advice about why I am seeing floaters in eyes when I am going on sunlight?
My eyes were good last year. I was able to see objects with clarity but now when I see same objects at same distance I will blurred image. I don't know what happen to my eyes. Give some natural remedies to have clear vision.
My eyesight has been stable for the past 15 years. Although now I feel that my eyes are always stressed. Even washing with water gives temporary relief. Even when I get up in the morning, my eyes feel heavy, irritated and stressed. Closing eyes bring relief, and I feel like I should keep my eyes closed all the time. I don't watch tv or use laptop for extended periods. Mobile use however is extensive. I'm not on any medication currently and have no history of any disease. Please suggest the proper course of action.
I am 22 years old, male. My eyes are myopic. One has -4.0 on the right eye and one has -3.75 on the left. Both are spherical with 180 axis. I just wanted to get rid of my glasses. Therefore, I wanted to know that undergoing LASIK surgery is good for me or not and how much is it safe for me.
My eyes have been swollen. When I wake up today morning then I saw. If is also paining little. Attached photo of my eyes. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanking you.
I have suffering from fever last night and I have eyes pain for one days sir please help me advise me.
My dad left is 0 due to diabetics n pressure it was affected on 2009 He is cardiac patient went for angio past on 2008 But now we to for general check up to eye Hosp Cataract surgeon said there is cataract in right eye My question is my dad s right eye vision is normal Will cataract will be there or we should wait for some more time His age is 60.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided.
Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes
- Diabetic retinopathy: when retina' s smallest blood-vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood-sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition, and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day by day. Glared or blurred vision is the commonest symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye-fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular-edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic-retinopathy. Macula is nothing but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!