Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Patel
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali PatelYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Me or mere husband planning kr rhe h for a baby. 4 month s. Hum daily sex bi krte h.But me pregnant nhi ho pa rhi. Koi critical problem to nhi h. Koi solution bataiye.
My wife is 24 now, whenever she gets periods she is suffering from heavy pain and drowsy getting vomiting. Past 8 years she is facing this problem. Many times getting periods delay too. Please suggest a solution and why this happening will this affects her anyway in future.
Hello, My wife had vomited yesterday and fainted today morning and has continuous urination. Is this a sign of pregnancy but she is having proper menstrual cycle, she even had her proper period after we met and when we met about a month back we neither had actual intercourse nor I penetrated her. Is pregnancy still possible?
Hi I am 29 years old. After u/s I came to know that I have conceived twins at 6 weeks and 2 days. Ma u/s report shows 1 baby measuring. 27 cms and 2nd measuring. 25 cms. I have heard about vanishing twin syndrome and m worried too. Right now m 10 weeks pregnant. Pls help in knowing chances of vanishing twin syndrome. I have heard both heartbeats during this ?
I m 31 weeks pregnant. Scan shows the breech presentation of baby. Now cesarean is the only solution or there is any chance of normal delivery. Too much worried abt cesarean. please help.
I blessed with baby girl. But I felt that bleeding and white coming from her vagina what is the reason.
There is hardly any person who does not want to enjoy a healthy and satisfying sex life. As per Ayurveda, a healthy sex life is very much a reality provided one diligently follows the golden sex rules as mentioned in various Ayurvedic books and journals:
- Ayurveda believes that a couple should refrain from having sex when the female partner is having her periods. Some health experts are of the belief that sex during periods may give rise to a condition termed as Endometriosis (the endometrial cells grow outside the uterus, often in the ovary or the fallopian tubes).
- According to Ayurveda, an ideal sex position is one where the woman is lying with her face directed in an upward position.
- Ayurveda also believes very overweight or obese people should avoid having sex.
- Have sex only when your private parts are clean and healthy (as this helps to prevent infections and associated complications).
- According to Ayurveda, loyalty and faithfulness are what gets a relationship going. Infidelity, adultery, or cheating on your wife is a crime that will only spell doom.
- Ayurveda is against a couple having sex during pregnancy or immediately after delivery. One should have control over their urges. It further states that a 5-months time in the case of a C-section and 2-3 months interval in the case of a normal delivery will go a long way in ensuring a healthy sex life (will help the woman to recover well).
- Ayurveda is vehemently opposes violent sex. Making love is suppose to soothe your soul rather than scar it. Violence during sex is not healthy at all.
- Ayurveda believes in having sex using sexual organs. Thus, oral sex and other similar pleasures are a big No as per Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda does not advocate the practice of having sex on days of prime significance such as festivals, various eclipses, on a full moon or new moon nights, to name a few.
- Sex on empty stomach or after a heavy meal can trigger a plethora of health problems by causing a Vata and Pitta imbalance. The imbalance may give rise to digestive problems, headache, gastritis.
- Ayurveda is strictly against the idea of having sex with aged women or with children.
- Always have sex when both the partners are in a comfortable position. This is to ensure that you enjoy the intercourse sans any injury.
- Never have sex if you are sick or physically and mentally not fit.
- Having sex with animals (bestiality) is considered unhealthy as per Ayurveda.
- Sex is not a wise idea when you have to lighten yourself (defecate or urinate).
- According to Ayurveda, your sex life is governed by the four seasons during which your body strength changes.
- The body strength is the lowest during the monsoon and summer, hence have less sex during that time (once in fifteen days).
- With moderate body strength, sex once in three days is advisable during spring and summer.
- During winter the body strength is at its peak, hence one can have sex daily.
Apart from regular exercise and proper nutrition, there are various herbs that can go a long way in boosting your sex life. Few of them include shilajit, ashwagandha, swarn bhasma, jaiphal, and kesar; let us understand how each one is beneficial.
- Shilajit works excellently in increasing the stamina, this is why it is known as Indian Viagra. It helps in improving sexual performance and dealing with weakness.
- Ashwagandha is another herb that helps in improving the sexual desire and dealing with infertility in men.
- Swarn bhasma is known to be one of the best medicine for treating sexual problems like low libido and premature ejaculation in men. It also helps in treating sexual weakness.
- Jaiphal works best in dealing with premature ejaculation. It also helps in enhancing sex life and is known as Viagra for women. Its aroma is often used to arouse sexual desires and can help you get relaxed before engaging in a sexual act.
- Kesar can go a long way in improving the overall performance in bed. Mixing it with milk can do wonders in 'turning on' your partner, thus improving the sex life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am married 26 years. I'm patient of hypothyroidism since 7 years but it uncontrol after my delivery my baby is 3 months and i'm gaining weight and my tummy become fat due to hypothyroidism please help me.
For most women, though periods are essential, they are not a pleasant experience. The bleeding is often accompanied by bloating, pain in the abdomen and thighs, weakness etc. that can make her feel uncomfortable along with mood swings and irritability. It gets worse if your periods happen to clash with travel plans, holidays or important events like a marriage or social function. Thankfully, there are natural ways to delay the onset of one’s periods. Eating some types of food can help speed up the menstrual cycle while others can help delay the next period. Here are some foods you could try if you want to delay your next period.
- Lentils: Lentils can help delay a period and can also help reduce the amount of bleeding. It also helps reduce menstrual complications. To benefit from it, you must consume a cup of lentils on a daily basis. Roast the dried lentils and then grind the lentils to a fine powder. This powder can then be mixed with water to form a soup.
- Lemons and Vinegar: The acidic nature of lemon and vinegar can help delay the onset of your periods. It also helps remove toxins from the body and brings a glow to your face. You could simply chew a slice of lemon to delay your periods or drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar twice a day. This should ideally be had on an empty stomach in the morning and just before going to bed.
- Parsley: Herbs not only add flavour to our food but also have medicinal value. Parsley is excellent not only for digestion but also to delay menstruation. Steep a handful of parsley leaves in half a litre of water for approximately 20 minutes. Strain this solution and drink the tea while still warm. This should be repeated twice or thrice a day for approximately a week before your periods begin. Parsley tea may be a little bitter and to make it more appealing you could add a little honey to the tea.
- Avoid Spicy Food: Spicy foods increase the body’s internal temperature. This leads to the production of more oestrogen that can quicken the menstrual cycle. Eliminating spices such as pepper, chillies, garlic, jalapenos, paprika etc. from your diet can help lower the body’s internal temperature and reduce the production of oestrogen thereby delaying the onset of your next period. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.